Your Email Address:

First Name:

This is what’s been working for me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mariyan
Total Newbie
Re: This is what’s been working for me

Post by mariyan »

Hi there,

Bad breath is a symptom of something wrong within. Addressing the sympton won't help in most cases.

I had similar problems where my breath smelled and some people when came in contact had alergic sneezing. The problem was to do with the bad bacteria in the gut. "Acidophilus" or similar good bateria (pro-biotic) supplement helped me with this problem. Remeber to balane with yogurt or other tummy soothing food as these supplements would bring burnning sensation.

Good Luck
Mariyan

mariyan
Total Newbie

Post by mariyan »

Hi there,

Bad breath is a symptom of something wrong within. Addressing the sympton won't help in most cases.

I had similar problems where my breath smelled and some people when came in contact had alergic sneezing. The problem was to do with the bad bacteria in the gut. "Acidophilus" or similar good bateria (pro-biotic) supplement helped me with this problem. Remeber to balane with yogurt or other tummy soothing food as these supplements would bring burnning sensation.

Good Luck
Mariyan
Lifelongsufferer wrote:I’ve been scared to post this because I don’t want to jinx things, but I’d feel awful if I didn’t at least help someone.

This is NOT a cure, it is merely a method of managing my BB enough to lead a semi normal life.

I learnt about the chlorine bleach rinse over a year ago through this forum, and it worked for me for a little while and then seemed to stop. Then recently I decided to try again but with some additional steps.

1. Every evening I fill my Neil Med sinus rinse bottle with boiled and cooled saline water, 5 drops of pure oregano oil, 5 drops of pure clove oil, 5 drops of pure rosemary oil and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. I then squirt this solution in each nostril a few time, letting it run out of the opposing nostril a bit before snorting it into the back of my throat. I also lay down flat on the floor and squirt some into my nostrils and tilt my head back to reach my upper sinuses. - someone posted a video here once explaining how to do this but I can’t find it.
3. **VERY IMPORTANT** I then floss all of my teeth throughly, ensuring I go up and around each tooth to reach all under the gum line.
4. I brush my teeth thoroughly, with standard Colgate toothpaste.
5. I then brush my tongue thoroughly with only water, and reach down my throat as far as I can as well as brushing the roof of my mouth and insides of my cheeks.
6. I then use the chlorine rinse to rinse my mouth for 1 minute, and then gargle with it as long as possible (around 2 minutes) with my tongue stuck out and my throat relaxed. This helps it get as far down my throat as possible.

Then in the morning I use the rest of the solution to rinse my sinuses again as before, brush my teeth & tongue, and do the chlorine rinse again but with a freshly made batch.

For the chlorine rinse I use MILTON’s STERILISING FLUID - which you can by from Amazon. It is standard sodium hypochlorite but as it is used for sterilising babies bottles etc. I feel it’s more likely to be free from other nasty additives.

I put 1 teaspoon of bleach in a glass with 10 teaspoons of water.

This method has worked for me for the past 2 months. The effects last for 9 hours, and if I’m at work I just take a little of the bleach rinse with me to refresh my mouth at lunchtime.

This method has been so successful that I was able to take a 3 hour flight on my own and have absolutely no reactions from the people next to me. I was on holiday for a week eating and drinking whatever I liked with no reactions. I have since been on numowrous dates and nights out with friends and also had no reactions, people even ask me how I don’t get bad breath after a night out!

Please to not take this as advice, I do not know the long term side effects of this method and am not suggesting that you follow it. I am simply sharing what works for me.

I don’t know how long this will last either, but I plan to enjoy life as much as I can while it is still effective.

Thinking of you all
Lifelong
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

Hi Mariyan,

Thanks for your reply, but with all due respect I have been suffering for years. I have tried all of the diets, all of the probiotics, all of the antibiotics.

This is simply a management method which is working for me, and I will continue to use it as long as it gives me relief.

I’m glad you were able to cure yourself though, enjoy your life!

Lifelong
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Hi Ricky,

No I don’t drink coffee, I avoid sugar and dairy as I believe these are unhealthy anyway and they seem to contribute to BB.

I use the neilmed sachets, I believe they contain salt and bicarbonate of soda. This is purely to stop it burning (its balanced to the salinity of your nasal passages)
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello lifelong

I have many questions for you
1) Where do you buy the oregano oil, pure clove oil, pure rosemary oil, extra virgin olive oil? Is it in the pharmacy or grocery market? Im sorry for being naive. Its just that i have never tried this ingredients before. I only do saline solution for many months but i stoped becoz nothing happens.

I am also afraid of using bleach and chlorine. Maybe i'll just use what is natural, like the oils you've mentioned.

2) how many days before you noticed an improvement?

3) my fecal breath is always associated with thick phlegm crawling on my throat. It always occur everytime i eat or even drink water. Does this phlegm ever occur to you?
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Ricky wrote:Hello lifelong

1) Where do you buy the oregano oil, pure clove oil, pure rosemary oil, extra virgin olive oil? Is it in the pharmacy or grocery market? Im sorry for being naive. Its just that i have never tried this ingredients before. I only do saline solution for many months but i stoped becoz nothing happens.

I am also afraid of using bleach and chlorine. Maybe i'll just use what is natural, like the oils you've mentioned.

3) my fecal breath is always associated with thick phlegm crawling on my throat. It always occur everytime i eat or even drink water. Does this phlegm ever occur to you?
Ricky, do you ever have sinus congestion along with the phlegm? If so, how often do you feel your sinuses aren't open?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello ttylx

As i recall a long time ago, when i noticed that i hav bb, i went to a dentist. I did a panoramic xray for all my teeth and he said it was all fine. He also said i can smell something but it is beyond his expertise. So i went to an ent. The ent said it that i hav tonsillectomy. Since it is always infected. This is the reason why i hav taken so many antibiotics before. My tonsils always get infected. So tonsillectomy is a good for me since it will stop the infection. When my tonsils were removed, the bb is still there. So he said it maybe post nasal drip. So he recommend nasal irrigation. He only mentioned lukewarm water and salt. Thats it. I think he mentioned about sinus. But i dont feel a sinus pain. So i think my sinus is fine. I stop nasal irrigation maybe after 1 and a half month. Becoz nothing happens. I really dont know about open sinus. I mean, its a long time ago.

After this i went to an internal med. I was the one who even suggested that: is there a way to see what is going on in my stomach. So i had endoscopy. He said i hav bile reflux. So i think i am convinced that my bb is from the digestive system. Becoz he really saw something coming up from my stomach. So he gave me med, but nothing happens. I believe it is really from my digestive sysytem. But i do believe i was mis diagnosed. Becoz the med didnt work. Maybe it is the opposite of reflux. Maybe my digestion is not working in full capacity
overit15
Total Newbie

Post by overit15 »

ttylxman2 wrote:
Lifelongsufferer wrote:Did it last for longer and it’s effectiveness has reduced? Or has it only ever made you BB free for a couple of hours?
Bismuth is pretty powerful stuff. I've woken up with zero morning breath before after having chewed a few tablets the day before. Unfortunately it seems to lose effectiveness and becomes just another tool to help deal with it.

It still works great though and I recommend everyone here to have some in their medicine cabinet and their pockets at all times. I love how I can just chew one without anyone really looking twice. Can take it with you on planes etc. It's very cheap and readily available as well which is a major plus.

Is that with nasal bb or just bb from the mouth?
overit15
Total Newbie

Post by overit15 »

Ricky wrote:Hello lifelong

Hi Ricky! I have a constant problem with phlegm due to my Post nasal drip. Is that where your phlegm originates itself from?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello overit

No. I think the phlegm is coming from the stomach. I really dont know what to call it. My doctor who is a gastro said that this substance is bile reflux. Based on his endoscopy. Although i am confused becoz reflux are accompanied with stomach pains. But I dont have stomach pains. I am not convinced with his explaination. But now i am convinced that the problem is from digestion. Maybe i was misdiagnosed. Becoz the med my doc prescribed for me didnt work. Becoz It is for the acid. It didnt work. Maybe instead of reflux, i hav a dysfunctional digestion. Maybe my stomach is not working in full capacity. Maybe our bb is from an undigested food

My late father have post nasal drip. But i dont smell a poop breath from him before. We sometimes talk very close. Yet i dont smell any poo breath. I remember his medication for his sinus. Those nasal spray. He has a lot of them. But his breath smells good.

I will perform nasal irrigation. Im still trying to look where i cud buy oregano oil. But i know this is just temporary.

I really believe this problem is about digestion. Becoz everytime i eat, this mucous or whatever we call it always rises from my throat. Even drinking water.

Right now, im taking golden seal food supplement. But i dont know what will happen.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Lifelongsufferer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:23 am I’ve been scared to post this because I don’t want to jinx things, but I’d feel awful if I didn’t at least help someone.

This is NOT a cure, it is merely a method of managing my BB enough to lead a semi normal life.

I learnt about the chlorine bleach rinse over a year ago through this forum, and it worked for me for a little while and then seemed to stop. Then recently I decided to try again but with some additional steps.

1. Every evening I fill my Neil Med sinus rinse bottle with boiled and cooled saline water, 5 drops of pure oregano oil, 5 drops of pure clove oil, 5 drops of pure rosemary oil and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. I then squirt this solution in each nostril a few time, letting it run out of the opposing nostril a bit before snorting it into the back of my throat. I also lay down flat on the floor and squirt some into my nostrils and tilt my head back to reach my upper sinuses. - someone posted a video here once explaining how to do this but I can’t find it.
3. **VERY IMPORTANT** I then floss all of my teeth throughly, ensuring I go up and around each tooth to reach all under the gum line.
5. I then brush my tongue thoroughly with only water, and reach down my throat as far as I can as well as brushing the roof of my mouth and insides of my cheeks.
6. I then use the chlorine rinse to rinse my mouth for 1 minute, and then gargle with it as long as possible (around 2 minutes) with my tongue stuck out and my throat relaxed. This helps it get as far down my throat as possible.

Then in the morning I use the rest of the solution to rinse my sinuses again as before, brush my teeth & tongue, and do the chlorine rinse again but with a freshly made batch.

For the chlorine rinse I use MILTON’s STERILISING FLUID - which you can by from Amazon. It is standard sodium hypochlorite but as it is used for sterilising babies bottles etc. I feel it’s more likely to be free from other nasty additives.

This method has worked for me for the past 2 months. The effects last for 9 hours, and if I’m at work I just take a little of the bleach rinse with me to refresh my mouth at lunchtime.

This method has been so successful that I was able to take a 3 hour flight on my own and have absolutely no reactions from the people next to me. I was on holiday for a week eating and drinking whatever I liked with no reactions. I have since been on numowrous dates and nights out with friends and also had no reactions, people even ask me how I don’t get bad breath after a night out!

Please to not take this as advice, I do not know the long term side effects of this method and am not suggesting that you follow it. I am simply sharing what works for me.

I don’t know how long this will last either, but I plan to enjoy life as much as I can while it is still effective.

Thinking of you all
Lifelong
2 YEAR UPDATE

I try not to come on here much anymore as I feel the more I do the more obsessive I become about BB.

However, I just wanted to give you all an update in the hope it can help some of you.

I no longer do the nasal rinses, but I still follow steps 3-6, and avoid dairy/sugar. I am able to achieve 5 hours BB free which has improved my life dramatically, I have even managed to go back to work and just complete my routine after my lunch.

It’s not ideal, and I have to pass up on invites to go on holidays etc. I try not to get down about the things I miss out on, because overall my life has improved a lot.

Still hopeful that a Microbiota transplant will finally cure us one day. If I ever win the lottery I would spend every last penny on researching a cure for us.

Thinking of you all

Lifelong x
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Thanks for the update!! Why did you stop the nasal rinses? What is not useful?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:37 pm
Lifelongsufferer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:23 am I’ve been scared to post this because I don’t want to jinx things, but I’d feel awful if I didn’t at least help someone.

Thinking of you all
Lifelong
2 YEAR UPDATE

I try not to come on here much anymore as I feel the more I do the more obsessive I become about BB.

However, I just wanted to give you all an update in the hope it can help some of you.

I no longer do the nasal rinses, but I still follow steps 3-6, and avoid dairy/sugar. I am able to achieve 5 hours BB free which has improved my life dramatically, I have even managed to go back to work and just complete my routine after my lunch.

It’s not ideal, and I have to pass up on invites to go on holidays etc. I try not to get down about the things I miss out on, because overall my life has improved a lot.

Still hopeful that a Microbiota transplant will finally cure us one day. If I ever win the lottery I would spend every last penny on researching a cure for us.

Thinking of you all

Lifelong x
Thanks for the update.

Somewhere I read where a chronic BB patient used "Grapefruit seed extract" for nasal rinse in the mornings and got dramatic results.

There seem to be only one source of this product and it's quite pricey for a small bottle. Did you ever try it?
aromal31
Total Newbie

Post by aromal31 »

Excellent thread..!!!
groundnut machine manufacturer
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

5 year update.

The dilute sodium hypochlorite rinse effectively managed my BB until a couple of months ago. Over 5 years in total. I guess the bacteria in my mouth finally became resistant to it.

I am grateful that I had the chance to live a somewhat normal life for a period of time, as I know many of you do not have this opportunity.

Currently putting things into place now to go to an assisted dying facility in Switzerland. This is a decision that empowers me. I am glad to have the option to choose not to endure a lifetime of loneliness and misery. Feeling oddly at peace with this decision.

In the meantime, if anyone has questions about the method I have detailed I’ll be more than happy to answer them.
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic