Your Email Address:

First Name:

fecal transplant (did anyone go through with this)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gotshot26
Master
Re: fecal transplant (did anyone go through with this)

Post by gotshot26 »

Ok! Booked in for consultation on November 2nd. This is the earliest time they could give me.

The receptionist gave me a little bit more information. Treatments are not covered by any health fund.

The cheapest is $1,400. You come in two days in a row for an FMT. The next is $3,500. You come in five days in a row. Obviously, depending on how serious the overgrowth is. Again, if I do go through with this I will go for the anonymous sample FMT, and not one of a relative (most common).

Will keep you all informed.

For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
malory
Master

Post by malory »

I didn't go through with this procedure but I'm aware of 2 people that did and the results were not very positive or long lasting. I hate to dampen your hopes, but I don't want people to waste money they don't have. If you can afford it, I would say why not give it a go, but if your condition has affected your income (as it has done for so many of us), I would say save your money or, at least, research it more first
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

I wish you good luck Gotshot.

I really, really hope this is the remedy for all your ills including B.B.

Does the clinic know you are hoping for a B.B. cure?

Not sure if you’ve attended the clinic in person yet but do you intend to mention your B.B. if you haven’t already?

Have they or do you expect them to acknowledge that you currently suffer from B.B.?

I am eagerly awaiting your update.

Thank you so much for sharing. :)
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

malory wrote:I didn't go through with this procedure but I'm aware of 2 people that did and the results were not very positive or long lasting. I hate to dampen your hopes, but I don't want people to waste money they don't have. If you can afford it, I would say why not give it a go, but if your condition has affected your income (as it has done for so many of us), I would say save your money or, at least, research it more first
Thank you Malory for the info. The 2 people that you knew did it. Where did they get the samples from and did they go in for a BB cure?
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

WhiteCat wrote:I wish you good luck Gotshot.

I really, really hope this is the remedy for all your ills including B.B.

Does the clinic know you are hoping for a B.B. cure?

Not sure if you’ve attended the clinic in person yet but do you intend to mention your B.B. if you haven’t already?

Have they or do you expect them to acknowledge that you currently suffer from B.B.?

I am eagerly awaiting your update.

Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Going in November 2nd for a consultation. Yes, mostly a BB cure but also a cure for my gassyness and having to go to the restroom more than most. I suspect this is all linked.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Hi all,

I went to the initial consultation the other day. Got about 15 minutes with him, wanted more time, although the place was busy and he was behind schedule. He won't give me the Fecal Matter Transplant (FMT) straight up. I have to have an endoscopy first and an extensive stool test (cash grab mostly). I need to get health insurance as the endoscopy will cost me over a $1000 otherwise. So will hopefully be back in a couple of months to continue with this project.

He said he has dealt with halitosis suffers but said he usually got to the problem before an FMT - due to it being parasites or acid reflux. Not sure if he has dealt with a real halitosis sufferer. He went through all my past medical history, and did a great job of explaining whats going on inside of me. And he hated to admit that antibiotics kills off bacteria that never returns. He told me that a healthy person has 3000 strains of bacteria in their body. And I can have 100 that he doesn't have, and he could have 100 that I don't have. And that he could have even more of the good strains, and I can have even more o the bad strains.

He said FMT is last resort treatment - their medical centre is famous around the world in FMTs. If I decide to go ahead the have anonymous donors or you can bring your own sample. I know one user on here said it didn't work for him, but after re-reading these threads I am going to go ahead with this, but take the sample from my mother, who has perfect health. My dad seems to have halitosis aswell, and so I think I have a mix of his microbiome.

Again, just some more info about me:
24 white male (polish/greek ancenstory), australian. Been on this forum for 10 years, pretty much last treatment I've yet to tried. Type 1.
Kissing cures my bad breath - but I've made out with about 100 girls in my life and their germs have not stuck, hoping fecal transplant will do it. Vegan diet (with onions, mustard/wasabi removed) cures my bad breath.
Chlorine bleach wash does nothing for my bad breath.
While eating and drinking (anything I want) my bad breath goes away entirely, it comes after about two hours after I last ate or drank.
A night out drinking, no bad breath at all throughout the night.
I get gassy eating most foods, and it smells worse than my breath.
The wrong foods also make my face shoot up in acne and pimples.
My stool looks different every time.

These threads are worth reading on the same issue:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4931

viewtopic.php?t=4295

viewtopic.php?t=6605
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

gotshot26 wrote:Hi all,

I went to the initial consultation the other day. Got about 15 minutes with him, wanted more time, although the place was busy and he was behind schedule. He won't give me the Fecal Matter Transplant (FMT) straight up. I have to have an endoscopy first and an extensive stool test (cash grab mostly). I need to get health insurance as the endoscopy will cost me over a $1000 otherwise. So will hopefully be back in a couple of months to continue with this project.

He said he has dealt with halitosis suffers but said he usually got to the problem before an FMT - due to it being parasites or acid reflux. Not sure if he has dealt with a real halitosis sufferer. He went through all my past medical history, and did a great job of explaining whats going on inside of me. And he hated to admit that antibiotics kills off bacteria that never returns. He told me that a healthy person has 3000 strains of bacteria in their body. And I can have 100 that he doesn't have, and he could have 100 that I don't have. And that he could have even more of the good strains, and I can have even more o the bad strains.

He said FMT is last resort treatment - their medical centre is famous around the world in FMTs. If I decide to go ahead the have anonymous donors or you can bring your own sample. I know one user on here said it didn't work for him, but after re-reading these threads I am going to go ahead with this, but take the sample from my mother, who has perfect health. My dad seems to have halitosis aswell, and so I think I have a mix of his microbiome.

24 white male (polish/greek ancenstory), australian. Been on this forum for 10 years, pretty much last treatment I've yet to tried. Type 1.
Kissing cures my bad breath - but I've made out with about 100 girls in my life and their germs have not stuck, hoping fecal transplant will do it. Vegan diet (with onions, mustard/wasabi removed) cures my bad breath.
While eating and drinking (anything I want) my bad breath goes away entirely, it comes after about two hours after I last ate or drank.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4931

viewtopic.php?t=4295

viewtopic.php?t=6605
Hi got shot, this is in Sydney, yes? I am very curious- did you see a gasteterologist? If so is it a public or private one? I feel like public doctors cant be bothered with bb cases... While you're at it, sibo might be worth looking at and testing for...
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

pepper234 wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:Hi all,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4931

viewtopic.php?t=4295

viewtopic.php?t=6605
Hi got shot, this is in Sydney, yes? I am very curious- did you see a gasteterologist? If so is it a public or private one? I feel like public doctors cant be bothered with bb cases... While you're at it, sibo might be worth looking at and testing for...
Hi pepper, yep Five Dock in Sydney. He's a gasterologist. Private. Thanks, will look into sibo.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Ok, health insurance all sorted. I'll be back for the endoscopy in two months (waiting period for health insurance to kick in) and will continue with this project then. Will also, be getting the breath test and the stool test through him. I'm sure he'll come up with nothing and so I will then ask for the FMT. I plan on doing this a couple of times before giving up. I'll try my mothers stool first, then if it doesn't stick I'll try their anonymous donors'.

If you google the name of the gastroenterologist (Thomas Borody) you'll find all sorts of news links about him and success stories. He is the most famous in the world for FMTs. I hope this works... generally fecal transplants are amazingly powerful, but the main problem is getting them to stick.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Jimi? Any word on this? I know one user did this (user: Dead) and didn't work for him. Although it was a DIY transplant.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Dead wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:
Dead wrote:Unless you have IBS like symptoms or problems with your digestion, there is nothing wrong with your gut flora. I learned that the hard way.
Had similar thoughts a few years back and went through with it. Now i have daily stomach pain in addition to my bb.
Hi Dead,

I do have problems with my digestion. Could you please tell me more? Where did you get the fecal matter from and did you do an at-home job?

Fecal transplants have 90% success rate and cure a range of problems. I have all the signs of bacterial-imbalance. You can even do tests now for this. I will do this first.
I did it at home yes. I followed the procedure from this thread: http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/16 ... d-success/. What symptoms of bacterial-imbalance do you have? As far as i know the 90% cure rate is only true for C. difficile infections. If you go through with this please do update us on the results.
Ended up reading that whole thread. Very encouraging. Hopefully I can find some halitosis cure success stories on that forum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic