Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diet + regime experiment

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fog
Junior

Diet + regime experiment

Post by fog »

curse
I have the following curse: Tongue coat and BB which is strongest at the back of tongue (sour smell of vinegar/garlic/sulfur).
Test it by sniffing a spoon that I lick/scrape the tongue with.
I also get/got tonsil stones, Ive had my tonsils removed, even got a tonsil stone after this when starting to gargle with saltwater/bakingsoda 5-6 months ago, but havent seen any since.

Gonna try the following:

diet
no gluten, no dairy, no junk food
reduced carbs to small amounts of rice and non gluten flour
reduced meats to less than half of what I normally eat

This diet is not that different from my ususal diet only less of the probably bad stuff.

regime
basically this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6961
dont think the teeth is my source of BB so will floss once a day only.
dont have the thyme oil so paste of baking soda will have two drops oregano oil and two drops of tea tree oil.
sometimes i gargle saltwater, about once a week i gargle vinegar water,

day 1 today lets see how it goes.

WhiteCat
Advanced
Re: Diet + regime experiment

Post by WhiteCat »

Cool, how long are you planning to stick with it?

I’m doing a strict elimination diet which is a mixture of basic allergy and FODMAP.

I haven’t been on it that long, (2 weeks maybe) so no changes yet. December 1st marks 3 weeks for me which is when I see my dietitian again.

She said symptoms would WORSEN before they improved.

Worsening symptoms are a GOOD sign.

Good luck and get professional help if you’re struggling, it’s worth every penny.

We all deserve and need support.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

You might like to think about keeping a food and symptom diary too.

I need to figure out how many days I’ve been on this diet especially because today my tongue smell has improved a little bit.

(I’m 9 days in, I just checked and came back)

Oh man, I hope this is the beginning of a trend of improvement.

I wish the results were immediate.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

Sorry to spam your post but I have ZERO tongue smell tonight.
I just brushed my tongue and teeth with plain bi-carb and now it has no smell at all.

First time ever.

This is the combination of diet and sugar free mouth cleaning.

I'm not going to get too excited because, who knows how long it will last? But I'm happy for now.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

The oregano oil is much stronger than I expected. Will do some experimenting with less oil and longer periods of time on tongue.
It felt like I could taste the oregano oil the whole day. But the regime makes a huge difference, the saliva smells alot less.
WhiteCat wrote:Cool, how long are you planning to stick with it?
Not sure, I tend to belive after 2 weeks if there is no change its not doing much. But I have no idea really.
Whats the theory on why symptoms would get worse?
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

No Rice!!! The only carbs you should be eating are from low fodmap veggies, nuts, and low sugar fruits (strawberries, oranges, kiwi) What are you doing to kill the bacteria ie bleach, triclosan, chlorhexidine, ctylperidine, salt etc ?
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

HopefulOne wrote:No Rice!!! The only carbs you should be eating are from low fodmap veggies, nuts, and low sugar fruits (strawberries, oranges, kiwi) What are you doing to kill the bacteria ie bleach, triclosan, chlorhexidine, ctylperidine, salt etc ?

Rice is low FODMAP, there should be no reason not to eat it unless you have an extra sensitivity.

Like for me, white vinegar is low FODMAP but I had a strong, immediate reaction last night.

Diet is individual.

It’s hard, it’s a minefield.

Get a dietitian if you can afford it.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I've been doing low fodmap for over a year but my breath didn't change until I cut the carbs. Carbs = sugar period!!
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

HopefulOne wrote:I've been doing low fodmap for over a year but my breath didn't change until I cut the carbs. Carbs = sugar period!!
Shrug. Diet is individual.

I am on an incredibly restrictive diet which includes rice (I’d starve without it) and I’m getting great results.

I think the solution is diet - likely for all of us.

However, we all need different, individual diets which we need to figure out.

It’s hard, very hard.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

WhiteCat wrote:Dunno but I did find this https://www.perfectlyproduce.com/why-we ... g-healthy/
SO maybe if you feel worse that might be a good thing = body adjusting
But if the breath gets worse I still would tend to belive its not working.

Did your breath improve from diet alone, without any regime change?
HopefulOne wrote:No Rice!!! The only carbs you should be eating are from low fodmap veggies, nuts, and low sugar fruits (strawberries, oranges, kiwi) What are you doing to kill the bacteria ie bleach, triclosan, chlorhexidine, ctylperidine, salt etc ?
I guess I was killing the bacteria with high PH change from baking soda and the oils + saltwater (if that kills them) and whatever chems are in my toothpaste.
HopefulOne wrote:I've been doing low fodmap for over a year but my breath didn't change until I cut the carbs. Carbs = sugar period!!
What about potatos, carrots etc. veggies from under the soil, I've read they contain lots of sugar/starch epecially potatos, even someone on this forum posted thay should be avoided some days ago. Both are low fodmap, any suggestions?
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

fog wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:Dunno but I did find this https://www.perfectlyproduce.com/why-we ... g-healthy/
SO maybe if you feel worse that might be a good thing = body adjusting
But if the breath gets worse I still would tend to belive its not working.

Did your breath improve from diet alone, without any regime change?
I brush my tongue with bicarb, but even without that I have 100% improvement - except last night and today, I had a setback because I reacted to white vinegar which I’m still not over.
What about potatos, carrots etc. veggies from under the soil, I've read they contain lots of sugar/starch epecially potatos, even someone on this forum posted thay should be avoided some days ago. Both are low fodmap, any suggestions?
See a dietitian, it’s too hard to figure it out alone.
I have one and I’m struggling like crazy and want to quit.

If you’re going to spend money on your B.B. problem it’s best spent with a professional to help you with your diet.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

For veggies I stick to greens, green beans, kale, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, tomato. I eat oranges, strawberries, kiwi, sunflower seeds, pecans, peanuts, macadamia nuts. Pepitas and meats. Im never hungry. Potatoes are a no no!!
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Sample daily menu

Breakfast
Bacon & eggs (as much as you want)

Morning snack
Peanuts or pork rinds

Lunch
Grilled chicken breast over romaine lettuce tomato cucumber bell pepper. A low sugar nondairy salad dressing. I like Marie's balsamic vinaigrette (US refrigerated section)

Mid day snack
Mandarine orange and a handful of macadamia nuts

Dinner
Two grilled pork chops and green beans sautéed in olive oil with crushed garlic cloves (I keep the garlic cloves whole to pick them out)

Dessert
Two chocolate squares 85% cacao no dairy
Sometimes a glass of Cabernet or Bordeaux
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

And I eat potatoes and rice with no problems.

Diet is individual.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic