Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hydrogen Peroxide: Warning (and update on temporary cures)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gotshot26
Master
Hydrogen Peroxide: Warning (and update on temporary cures)

Post by gotshot26 »

Just a warning: Hydrogen Peroxide mouthwash (specifically, Colgate Peroxyl) - did an incredible job of eliminating my bad breath over the time that I used it - but created a bad imbalance of my oral microbiome leading me to catch oral thrush (Candida) - the thrush has gone down alot but the Candida has spread throughout my body. I have had bad symptoms for a week now and need to go on a Candida diet for 90 bloody days now (no dairy, sugar, yeast, gluten) to get rid of it (hopefully). After getting Candida I realize how minuscule my Bad Breath issue is now.

Symptoms include:
Excessive dandruff
Peeling skin on face
Burning skin on face
Itchy skin all over
Headaches
Chronic fatigue
Athletes foot
Stomach pain
Scratchy throat
White coating on tongue
Fish like smell of private parts

I seem lucky in the fact that my bad breath hasn't gotten any worse - but hell - i've got alot more problems now.

While I was experimenting I came across baking soda toothpaste and tea tree oil toothpaste - I encourage you guys to try these instead as they worked really well for me. I have stuck to baking soda toothpaste for now. I believe my K12 still works but am trying not to put any bacteria into my system except for general probiotics to help combat my Candida. That's all.

For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
winter
Sheriff

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide: Warning (and update on temporary cures)

Post by winter »

gotshot26 wrote:Just a warning: Hydrogen Peroxide mouthwash (specifically, Colgate Peroxyl) - did an incredible job of eliminating my bad breath over the time that I used it - but created a bad imbalance of my oral microbiome leading me to catch oral thrush (Candida) - the thrush has gone down alot but the Candida has spread throughout my body. I have had bad symptoms for a week now and need to go on a Candida diet for 90 bloody days now (no dairy, sugar, yeast, gluten) to get rid of it (hopefully). After getting Candida I realize how minuscule my Bad Breath issue is now.

Symptoms include:
Excessive dandruff
Peeling skin on face
Burning skin on face
Itchy skin all over
Headaches
Chronic fatigue
Athletes foot
Stomach pain
Scratchy throat
White coating on tongue

I seem lucky in the fact that my bad breath hasn't gotten any worse - but hell - i've got alot more problems now.

While I was experimenting I came across baking soda toothpaste and tea tree oil toothpaste - I encourage you guys to try these instead as they worked really well for me. I have stuck to baking soda toothpaste for now. I believe my K12 still works but am trying not to put any bacteria into my system except for general probiotics to help combat my Candida. That's all.
How do you know your candida has spread throughout your body? Officially diagnosed? I had some of the symptoms too, but none of the doctors want to issue a candida test. They said they did not see any white spots in my mouth and endoscopy.

What diet are you on? I'm planning to do another diet too. Thinking maybe broccoli and chicken only. Or maybe add brown rice (is it a safe option?) so it's more filling. Hope the diet will at least shed some light on whether food affects my BB.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

winter wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:Just a warning: Hydrogen Peroxide mouthwash (specifically, Colgate Peroxyl) - did an incredible job of eliminating my bad breath over the time that I used it - but created a bad imbalance of my oral microbiome leading me to catch oral thrush (Candida) - the thrush has gone down alot but the Candida has spread throughout my body. I have had bad symptoms for a week now and need to go on a Candida diet for 90 bloody days now (no dairy, sugar, yeast, gluten) to get rid of it (hopefully). After getting Candida I realize how minuscule my Bad Breath issue is now.

Symptoms include:
Excessive dandruff
Peeling skin on face
Burning skin on face
Itchy skin all over
Headaches
Chronic fatigue
Athletes foot
Stomach pain
Scratchy throat
White coating on tongue

How do you know your candida has spread throughout your body? Officially diagnosed? I had some of the symptoms too, but none of the doctors want to issue a candida test. They said they did not see any white spots in my mouth and endoscopy.

What diet are you on? I'm planning to do another diet too. Thinking maybe broccoli and chicken only. Or maybe add brown rice (is it a safe option?) so it's more filling. Hope the diet will at least shed some light on whether food affects my BB.
Well I was officially diagnosed on my tongue - not throughout my body - having an endoscopy now in a couple weeks. I've switched to a candida diet which is no sugar, dairy, gluten, yeast.

FFS
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Holy shit you got all those symptoms from a mouth wash? Are you sure it can't be something else you did/tried?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Dead wrote:Holy shit you got all those symptoms from a mouth wash? Are you sure it can't be something else you did/tried?
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'm not sure what else I did? I was taking K12 and I read that it pushes other good bacteria out of your body. Plus I was working late nights in a smokey bar, drinking coffee once or twice a night - maybe I created a perfect storm for it to outbreak? But I doubt it - I believe it was entirely the HP. I was also playing around with general probiotics - maybe that caused an imbalance.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

gotshot26 wrote:
Dead wrote:Holy shit you got all those symptoms from a mouth wash? Are you sure it can't be something else you did/tried?
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'm not sure what else I did? I was taking K12 and I read that it pushes other good bacteria out of your body. Plus I was working late nights in a smokey bar, drinking coffee once or twice a night - maybe I created a perfect storm for it to outbreak? But I doubt it - I believe it was entirely the HP. I was also playing around with general probiotics - maybe that caused an imbalance.
I think that you might have candida before but not at a critical level. I think that might be my case, i've been feeling some candida symptons even before my bb appeared,but I did not pay attention. These are some of the things i feel: dermatitis, stomach problems, white tongue, a sinusitis treated with corticosteroids, which have only gotten worse; a couple months ago i did a lot of hydrogen peroxide mouthwashes, stopping them because my mouth got dry and my tongue was very very white; pharyngitis, depression (a big part is from bb), disorientation, dizziness, and a big etc.
I did this diagnostic questionnaire and got a score of 167, which is ultrahigh. According to your symptons, do you think that i might have candidiasis?
http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/ca ... naire.html
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Thanks for linking me to the test. Got score 98. But you're right. Before this my score was still about 90. I must've always had Candida. I got tested years back and it was negative. But those tests are never accurate. Maybe I'll go back and do a blood test. Still booked in for endoscopy.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

I scored 210. Feel kind of proud almost.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

LOL
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

rinitico wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:
I think that you might have candida before but not at a critical level. I think that might be my case, i've been feeling some candida symptons even before my bb appeared,but I did not pay attention. These are some of the things i feel: dermatitis, stomach problems, white tongue, a sinusitis treated with corticosteroids, which have only gotten worse; a couple months ago i did a lot of hydrogen peroxide mouthwashes, stopping them because my mouth got dry and my tongue was very very white; pharyngitis, depression (a big part is from bb), disorientation, dizziness, and a big etc.
I did this diagnostic questionnaire and got a score of 167, which is ultrahigh. According to your symptons, do you think that i might have candidiasis?
http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/ca ... naire.html
Based on existing symptoms or what?
Frustratedgal

Post by Frustratedgal »

Hi, what baking soda & tea tree oil toothpaste do you use?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Frustratedgal wrote:Hi, what baking soda & tea tree oil toothpaste do you use?
Red Seal Baking Soda Toothpaste

and

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree oil toothpaste (warning: tea tree oil identified as unable to remove plaque from teeth)
Frustratedgal

Post by Frustratedgal »

gotshot26 wrote:
Frustratedgal wrote:Hi, what baking soda & tea tree oil toothpaste do you use?
Red Seal Baking Soda Toothpaste

and

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree oil toothpaste (warning: tea tree oil identified as unable to remove plaque from teeth)

Thanks
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Update (and help needed please):

I recently went back to the doctor to get tested for candida - this time i got everything tested - oral swab - blood tests - stool test.

Everything has come back as negative. Nothing detected on my tongue. Blood is all healthy, everything was checked (kidneys, liver, igg, iga, igm, everything). Stool test is all fine except they detected one parasite called Blastocystis hominis, but they doctor wasn't fussed about this because he said its found in many healthy people and if i don't have diarrhea i have nothing to worry about.

My concern is this: the oral swab test isn't accurate - although it detected candida before - i notice that my tongue has a new white coating on areas where there wasn't before - alot of my symptoms have gone down, but haven't disappeared. I have also noticed that some people that used to brush their nose, have now stopped, and some that never used to brush their nose, have now started. Yet I asked my mother and sister to test my breath, and they couldn't smell anything. Just a little confused. I have also noticed that my tongue smell has gone down greatly since this all happened.

Could anyone help me explain this?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Further update:

I continue to improve - most of my symptoms have gone away or gone down. The main ones left are dandruff and body odour - both which I'm pretty pissed off about. I used to never smell - now when I'm stressed I get bad body odour - for fucks sake. Have to hope my body can revert back to normal - I remain on the Candida diet which also improves my bad breath tremendously.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic