Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finger test. HELP NEEDED

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Justanotherguy
Total Newbie
Finger test. HELP NEEDED

Post by Justanotherguy »

I need help to find out the truth behind the 'finger test' this test is were you rub the far back of your tongue with your finger and smell it, if it smells 'bad' whatever that really means you are meant to have bad breath but really this test is very vague and may be miss leading. I think we need to establish what is a normal amount of odour from this test, if you put your finger and lightly rub the back of your tongue it will defiantly smell of something, having a faint smell of sulphur (poop) might even be normal but if it is so bad that you can smell straight up sh*t from a few cm away from your finger then yeah you probably do have bb. anyone who knows someone close enough who does not have bad breath should ask if they can test.... yeah it will sounds wired but that is the only way to truly tell the truth behind this test. if you are able to test and get results please post them below.

jo317
Advanced

Re: Finger test. HELP NEEDED

Post by jo317 »

When I scrape my tongue and smell it I honestly don't smell anything, yet it makes my mouth taste horrible! When I do the "lick test" on my skin it smells a little like vinegar.

I can imagine that everyones would smell like SOMETHING. Everyones mouth has at least some bad bacteria and I'm sure saliva has a smell - neutral but still a smell, right?

I really think that even if I cured myself I wouldn't even know because I have no idea what a healthy mouth is supposed to taste like and even the tiniest bit of taste would convince me my breath smells at this point.
gotshot26
Master
Re: Finger test. HELP NEEDED

Post by gotshot26 »

Justanotherguy, you are correct. Finger test is not completely accurate. I think UKs embaressing illnesses or bodies or whatever its called did a segment on this. Random people walking down the street. Most peoples tongues had a bad smell. I have had a faint smell on my fingers and noticed no reactions.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic