Your Email Address:

First Name:

Life

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lolla123
Junior

Life

Post by lolla123 »

I was just thinking to myself, I was thinking that I don’t want this problem to take over my life, I was thinking of just how young I am and how lucky I am to have opportunities going for me. I am only 20, I have undertook a course this year to be able to study at university this September and I am thinking of deferring my entry till next year now only because of this problem... it is not fair, and it doesn’t even help saying it’s not fair but it makes me really think, how long am I going to let this get in the way of what I aspire in my life? And to what extent? It doesn’t help that I love company and I love being able to help people, my choice of study would be psychology... and I guess i’d need Some help with that myself heh.. but it’s what I want to do, all I want is to help people see the best in themselves, recognise that it gets better whichever situation they’re in and friends do come to me for help whenever they need emotional support with dealing with their feelings or what not and I love it, despite the madness i’m Going through I love being able to help them and seeing them smile and laugh and be happy... it’s all I want... I want to make people happy or at least happier than they are, I want to work in situations where i’d Need to be close up with people and show physical affection and support which unfortunately with bb doesn’t come too easily, but I can’t help it, I can’t see myself doing anything else. I was also thinking of how easy I have it compared to some others on this website and outside, I have read some stories on here that have truly made me tear up and feel almost blessed about my issue to be honest, there are countless stories on here about people that are harassed everyday at work, just because of their bb which I know is something we can’t help, and it gets worse and worse especially for people with nasal bb as far as I am aware I don’t suffer from that... yet at least... and I can’t imagine what people with TMAU (was watching videos of reactions and stories about it on YouTube) room fillers and sufferers from odours from outside the mouth go through, it must be a thousand times worse, so I think to myself how can I even complain about mine? When I don’t get obvious reactions everyday, when it seems to be only a mid to close up issue for now which still is so frustrating to say the least, like most if not all I have had some very low points, this issue gives me anxiety to no end and it’s not nearly as bad as some others... and it makes me think that I should give it a go at life, that it’s unfair to the people that suffer ten times fold more than I do, I have to give it a shot at uni, at life in general, I don’t want to watch my life crumble because of this, I might never find a cure, it might even get worse, I want to be realistic about this, and if that happens life won’t stop, it will still happen... and to know that I haven’t done my best to make the best out of this situation... it will kill me even more... or I might find a cure down the line after 30 years of suffering and honestly i’d Rather be in a job where I genuinely enjoy myself rather than be stuck somewhere because I let my bb affect me to the point of being scared to live... it’s hard, we all know it’s so hard... but I want to live... I don’t want to barely survive and it’s easier said than done when you’re in a room full of people making conversation and the anxiety fills you up to the core because you know you suffer from something that most of humanity would shun you for but... this isn’t living... so I don’t know I guess the point of this post is to just put my thoughts and feelings into words and hopefully if anyone else feels the same maybe get them thinking and opening up... my inbox is open, as i said I love helping and even just listening and talking about this issue, as I am going through it myself it’d Be great for me as well... I really hope we can all find a solution or at the very least a way to not let this overtake our lives... best of luck to everyone

Overit
Total Newbie
Re: Life

Post by Overit »

Hello- I try not to let my BB affect me but its a minute by minute battle. Im isolated and awkward now because of this. My kids are older now, but when they were young, I had to hold my breathe for as long as I could to snuggle (just for a moment) with them because I didnt want them to smell it. Forget about reading books to them too. It breaks my heart. I wont give up tho- but its a constant struggle.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Hate sounding corny but this post is so heartwarming. You seem like a genuine person who although may be struggling themselves, wants nothing more to help other people and I really admire that. As for University, you should just go for it, don't bother deferring. I too was hesitant about uni, the thought of being in small rooms and the thought of having to interact with alot of new people made me anxious. However im 6 months in (currently on mid semester break) and dont regret a thing, uni is great, especially if you're doing something you're passionate about! I too have held back on pursuing things in life because of bad breath, but i'm now trying to overcome that fear and I've been feeling a lot happier these past months. I'm starting to feel the way i did before i let this condition overcome me. You're right, there are people I've read stories about who have it 10x worse than me, they fill up entire rooms, have people around them constantly making remarks. Compared to them, i have it great and its something i try to think about when this condition gets me down. I truly wish you the best and hope your studies go well!!
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

Overit wrote:Hello- I try not to let my BB affect me but its a minute by minute battle. Im isolated and awkward now because of this. My kids are older now, but when they were young, I had to hold my breathe for as long as I could to snuggle (just for a moment) with them because I didnt want them to smell it. Forget about reading books to them too. It breaks my heart. I wont give up tho- but its a constant struggle.

I feel so bad, I can’t imagine how painful that would be for you, but in a way they can be your light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, you can fight this for them if not for yourself, wishing you all the best in tackling this beast, how long have you been suffering from bb?
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

Geoffrey wrote:Hate sounding corny but this post is so heartwarming. You seem like a genuine person who although may be struggling themselves, wants nothing more to help other people and I really admire that. As for University, you should just go for it, don't bother deferring. I too was hesitant about uni, the thought of being in small rooms and the thought of having to interact with alot of new people made me anxious. However im 6 months in (currently on mid semester break) and dont regret a thing, uni is great, especially if you're doing something you're passionate about! I too have held back on pursuing things in life because of bad breath, but i'm now trying to overcome that fear and I've been feeling a lot happier these past months. I'm starting to feel the way i did before i let this condition overcome me. You're right, there are people I've read stories about who have it 10x worse than me, they fill up entire rooms, have people around them constantly making remarks. Compared to them, i have it great and its something i try to think about when this condition gets me down. I truly wish you the best and hope your studies go well!!
Ahaha thank you! Thank you so much yeah I didn’t want to sound too corny either but i couldn’t help writing down my thoughts and sharing them with you guys, thought what better audience than people who go through the same thing and get it you know? And I am so glad to hear you’re starting to feel like your old self again and improving emotionally it is really hard but give yourself credit for not giving up! I figure that life won’t stop for anything so might as well fight with all we’ve got, Great thing you went to uni and didn’t let this hold you back as you’ve said you didn’t regret it which makes your decision so worthwhile, thank you I hope your studies go well too! I was thinking of taking my impacted wisdom tooth out soon (have dentist routine appt in November so planning to tell him then) as I heard it could be contributing and even if it doesn’t work one more thing to cross out the list, so I could maybe join in January instead of next September as it would give me time for the wisdom tooth, best of luck
nenis

Post by nenis »

Hey lolla .....
can completely feel your pain. Ur not alone
I have the aim of working in wind power energy systems. My grand parents are from agriculture background . Though my parents are in city i grew most of time in village(country side)
I always used to look at their struggle and had a thought of helping them. Then i came to knew that this wind energy can help them in a way.
So i kept it as a passion from my childhood.
I took that course in this term and opted out as i cant concentrate due to this problem and all persons giving freaking looks at me.
It is indeed a very difficult subject which needs guidance .No one can do it without guidance .
This ****ing thing is ruining out my passion.
I am also planning to just stop for next term and find out what the ***k is causing this. Have to look at it.
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

nenis wrote:Hey lolla .....
can completely feel your pain. Ur not alone
I have the aim of working in wind power energy systems. My grand parents are from agriculture background . Though my parents are in city i grew most of time in village(country side)
I always used to look at their struggle and had a thought of helping them. Then i came to knew that this wind energy can help them in a way.
So i kept it as a passion from my childhood.
I took that course in this term and opted out as i cant concentrate due to this problem and all persons giving freaking looks at me.
It is indeed a very difficult subject which needs guidance .No one can do it without guidance .
This ****ing thing is ruining out my passion.
I am also planning to just stop for next term and find out what the ***k is causing this. Have to look at it.
I am sorry to hear that nenis, I can sympathise with you about not being able to concentrate in lectures as I have experienced this year even if there weren’t reactions or anything this problem would always persistently be at the back of my head which is a shame because I feel like we are somehow achieving half of what we’re truly capable of (because we can’t fully focus or study or work with this issue always being present in all aspects of life) and that is what made me rethink my decision of continuing my studies however I have come to the conclusion that I have to fight harder and will be trying to go to uni in January instead of September as I wanted to have my wisdom tooth out to see if it helps anything. Believe me when I say I know how you feel especially about this destroying your passions but I need to tell you that I think you should give it a go, easier said than done but think about how happy you will be once you’ve finished the course and got through it, you’ll feel stronger please try to at least see if you can handle the guidance and if you could do your lectures in private it might help. Best of luck
khalid

Post by khalid »

rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Hey Lolla, you definitely should go to University asap, what if you still have bb next year, will continue postponing your dreams? In my case college was really difficult due to this condition, and even it took me more time than others. But finally it makes me happy to have been able to finish my studies and take my career forward. These year i've been so isolated, but anyways we need to keep going with our lives. Now i just started working and it's being a terrible experience, since coworkers give me lots reactions, at least we're born at an age where headphones exist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic