Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB from allergies and post nasal drip :(

Tell us your story with bad breath
silentlysad
Total Newbie
BB from allergies and post nasal drip :(

Post by silentlysad »

I've had this for NINE years now and honestly I would prefer to have cancer then this because this has caused me bad breath for almost a decade and made me immensely depressed. I could write a book on my journey to try cure myself but really I just want to vent and maybe get any advice.

The first thing i've done is immunotherapy for 3 years, several years ago and this helped me stop spitting mucous every 5minutes to a few times a day so this has been great. But the bad breath remained.

A white hairy tongue has been my biggest culprit and has been my best friend for all these 9 years, which I think may be caused by the post nasal drip. I've come a long way from the beginning and constant brushing everyday and have finally managed to get it under control. If only you guys could see what it looked like before! I've been the a few doctors who tried anti-fungal and tongue scraping which have all been ineffective. One doctor sad it was filiform papillae overgrowth and that I should just brush it fix it. (obviously haven't). Other things i've tried is nasal irrigation, anti-histamines, steam, nasal sprays, putting salt on my tongue for 5minutes, crying and praying to the fresh breath god.

I've also had different dentist look at my tonsils and all say nothing is wrong with them so I don't think tonsil stones is the reason. My teeth is fine too (no major issues as I brush twice a day and floss).

H.pylori breath test done which was negative. I'm however doing this again as it's been 2 years since my last.

I planned try get an ENT and Gastroenterology appointment and have then specially check me up and HOPEFULLY they fnd something because I am so done guys. I can't live like this anymore. I feel so alone in this struggle as my sister and mother also have allergies but none of these symptoms.

buddi
Junior

Re: BB from allergies and post nasal drip :(

Post by buddi »

U had immonoteraphy to cure bad breath and PND? Or is it for any other health issue?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

I’m in a similar boat but my tongue has never been a huge issue. I have constant mucus flow, coughing up all the time. It’s strangely worse in the winter. I have a deviated septum and a hyper immune system, so I think it’s the mixture to why I’m creating so much damn mucus. I’ve heard that even though tonsils and adenoids don’t show obvious issues, they can still catch mucus and create bacteria. Getting tonsils and adenoids removed is sounding good to me, better than fixing the deviated septum I think? I don’t know.
silentlysad
Total Newbie

Post by silentlysad »

buddi wrote:U had immonoteraphy to cure bad breath and PND? Or is it for any other health issue?
I did immunotherapy to reduce my PND, it reduced it by 80% but I still have bad breath.

Batman30 wrote:I’ve heard that even though tonsils and adenoids don’t show obvious issues, they can still catch mucus and create bacteria. Getting tonsils and adenoids removed is sounding good to me, better than fixing the deviated septum I think? I don’t know.
This might be true, although I never see them, sometimes I hack a very small tonsil out but I don't think it's the main cause, just a side symptoms of something else. Always fine to remove them to take it off your checklist
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

I’ve never hacked up tonsil stones, if I did, I'd get them removed straight away. I actually took an allergy pill last night and have been nasal irrigating lately. Nasal irrigation really helps, doesn’t cure but takes down the smell id say 60-75% for a good 2-4 hours. I do it twice daily. Allergy pills I took about a year back.. made the smell more mild but it was like a consistent all day since it kind of thickens the mucus. My experiment now is to take allergy pill and mix with nasal irrigation to thin out the remaining mucus. My nasal irrigation: 6oz distilled water, 1/2 teaspoon saline salt, 6 drops of goldenseal.
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Thats interesting to know that a dcotor recommnded immunoterapy for PND. I always thought its for cancers!
So it should be evident that your PND was so bad!
Can you throw some more light on immunoteraphy plz. Is that recommended for people with mild PND?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
silentlysad
Total Newbie

Post by silentlysad »

I too am doing nasal irrigation everyday but my formula is simply clean water + salt+ baking soda.

Sure just search allergen immunotherapy. The reason I had it was because my only symptom from my allergies was severe PND. Like I literally had a bin next to me at home I would spit into every few minutes. I'm not sure but if you have allergies it should be an option for you too.
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

silentlysad wrote:I too am doing nasal irrigation everyday but my formula is simply clean water + salt+ baking soda.

Sure just search allergen immunotherapy. The reason I had it was because my only symptom from my allergies was severe PND. Like I literally had a bin next to me at home I would spit into every few minutes. I'm not sure but if you have allergies it should be an option for you too.
I was spitting every few minutes too. Some days are worse than others, winter is worse than summer. People have commented that spitting is rude, and I simply tell them I have a hyper immune system. When I nasal irrigate, on top of running the formula nostril to nostril, I squeeze in one nostril at a time and snort it so hits the back of my throat and out my mouth and through the tonsil area. This seems to help for me the most. Always research before you add anything to your solution And use DISTILLED water. When you don’t, you send more bacteria up there. I’m just brainstorming. I don’t have a cure. This is what helps me the most.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic