Your Email Address:

First Name:

Let’s do the lick the wristtest!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mitsaki86
Total Newbie
Let’s do the lick the wristtest!

Post by mitsaki86 »

Hello,

I would like to know your stories about the lick the wrist test. When I do it it smells sour, like vinegar. I think it’s cause of my lpr. I have silent reflux for many years. In February I discovered it and tried gaviscon tablets, the tablets caused me GERD, heartburn and pain in the chest. My gastro told me that when I tried to neutralize the acid with gaviscon my stomach reacted and had more acid. That was the reason for my pain.

Now when I brush my teeth, I Floss first, the I brush with zendium toothpaste,then I gargle with baking soda and I brush again with baking soda.
I put baking soda in my toothbrush and I brush my tongue. Then I scrape it very well with a spoon.
Baking soda neutralizes the acid. I noticed that when I do this, everything is fine, I maybe do the lick the wrist test, a little sour maybe it is but I speak to people normall6, and my mother says I doesn’t smell.

I have with me in my pocket always baking soda and a spoon. If I am at work and notice that people are rubbing their nose or closing their mouth and nose, I know the smell has come back. I excuse my self and I go to the bathroom and brush my tongue with baking soda.
Everything is fine after.

Has anyone tried this. Please try it to compare our stories.
Does your wrist smells like vinegar? Or sour? Maybe you have silent reflux too and you don’t know it.

Thank you

jo317
Advanced

Re: Let’s do the lick the wristtest!

Post by jo317 »

Mine smells like vinegar too! I expect it to smell HORRIBLE, the way my mouth tastes but its just a subtle vinegar smell...

I suspected lpr caused by low stomach acid about a year ago, took HCL tablets and when it didn't work right away I gave up. I'm now realizing its a lot more complicated than that. Am going to try switching to a diet that is supposed to help. I wonder why so many people with LPR don't deal with bad breath though, but we do? Do we just think we do because our mouth tastes bad because of the acid?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Yeah mine smells very sour and vinigary aswell, I wonder if the cause of our bad breath is the same? Do you also have nasal bad breath and/or body odor. I have minor nasal bad breath and I also have some body odor issues aswell. Im fine if i dont sweat but when i do apparently it doesnt just smell like normal body odor but it smells fecal.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

And what age did your bad breath start? Mine started around the age of 12 or so.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I remember having problems every once in awhile in high school but it didn't start to get bad and noticeable until my early twenties after a long stretch of antibiotics.

I'm not sure about nasal or body odor. If I have nasal odor, I can't smell it myself.
mitsaki86
Total Newbie

Post by mitsaki86 »

Hello,

My bad breath started at the age of 10 -12 after a course of antibiotics. I had tonsils stones in puberty too. I didn’t know it, I discovered it three years ago and I m 32 now! I believed my B.B. has stopped, but it didn’t. The thing with B.B. I believe is a digestive issue. I don’t digest very well and that is the reason of my silent acid reflux, tonslil stones and B.B.
I m taking super enzymes by nowfoods with betaine hcl. Sometimes they help sometimes they don’t. The vinegar smell is still there. Sometimes when I take them my chest pain a little, I think it’s because of the hcl. I can’t figure it out, if I want more or if it is too little. I believe I have Candida and SIBO, so I stay away from carbs ,sugar and alcohol. My tongue is pink now and my saliva is better, except when my lpr comes up.

I also have nasal allergies and mucus. But no B.B. from the nose,its from the lpr. My ears are clogged too all the time!

The trick with baking soda seems to work for a few hours. I believe also that my halitophobia is very obvious too people that I make them feel uncomfortable, that’s why so many rubbing and touching noses.

You should try it too, with baking soda, and let us know your experience, try to be cool with your social meetings.dont show your halitophobia.
mitsaki86
Total Newbie

Post by mitsaki86 »

I forgot to add that B.B. it’s a bacterial thing, cause 3 years ago after a diet in which I lost 15 kilos, with elimination carbs and sugars I took probiotics and the vinegar smells left.

It was the first time I took them, 4 billion plus acidophilus from health aid. And I didnt smell. My husband said nothing!!
So I believe it has something to do with bacteria’s, SIBO or Candida.maybe both. Now when I take probiotics the vinegar smell is still there. But I continue to believe! I will get better!
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

It's more common to hear people outside this forum complain about heartburn (GERD) than LPR. But I think many people here have some LPR symptoms, but no heartburn.

I might have LPR too. I had burning sensation and lump in the throat feeling. Maintaining a strict diet solved those problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic