Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone get their adenoids removed?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Batman30
Anyone get their adenoids removed?

Post by Batman30 »

I have pnd due to a deviated septum/allergens. It’s constant and the smell is worse at times than others. I thought about correcting my deviated septum but would much rather get my adenoids and or tonsils removed. Has anyone gotten adenoids removed?

If you look at the sinus anatomy, the adenoids seem like they could trap more mucus than the tonsils due to placement. Just curious:)

I’m calling my ent now and wanting to at least get rid of my tonsils for trial. As I believe they’re cryptic.

Geoffrey

Re: Anyone get their adenoids removed?

Post by Geoffrey »

Hey yes, ive gotten my adenoids and tonsils removed at the same time, unfortunately it did not help my bad breath.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

When i had my tonsils taken out my surgeon said that she saw my adenoids were also inflamed and took those out as well, unless I am remembering incorrectly. My problems started AFTER.
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

jo317 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 am When i had my tonsils taken out my surgeon said that she saw my adenoids were also inflamed and took those out as well, unless I am remembering incorrectly. My problems started AFTER.
Interesting. You didn’t have BB before?
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Pretty sure I had normal bb every once in a while or if I did, I couldn’t tell or taste it. I think it was the antibiotics I was given after surgery that caused it, unfortunately. They were very infected
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

jo317 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 am Pretty sure I had normal bb every once in a while or if I did, I couldn’t tell or taste it. I think it was the antibiotics I was given after surgery that caused it, unfortunately. They were very infected
Is your bad breath due to post nasal drip? And how long ago did it start?
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

At least partially. I have sinus pressure and PND only in my left nostril. I believe this also started after I had them removed but it’s hard to tell because swollen feeling was normal for me for months before hand. I had very swollen and inflamed tonsils for months before they got infected and had to be removed. I didn’t have a chronic bad taste in this time, and also was able to have a boyfriend with no problems or smell reactions either. So I believe PND and bad breath started afterwards, probably a combination of antibiotics, horrible eating, over consumption of alcohol, reflux issues etc. I think I have some tonsil regrowth on one side but I believe my issue is much deeper than just that
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

jo317 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm At least partially. I have sinus pressure and PND only in my left nostril. I believe this also started after I had them removed but it’s hard to tell because swollen feeling was normal for me for months before hand. I had very swollen and inflamed tonsils for months before they got infected and had to be removed. I didn’t have a chronic bad taste in this time, and also was able to have a boyfriend with no problems or smell reactions either. So I believe PND and bad breath started afterwards, probably a combination of antibiotics, horrible eating, over consumption of alcohol, reflux issues etc. I think I have some tonsil regrowth on one side but I believe my issue is much deeper than just that
Sounds like you have something different. My tonsils aren’t swollen but I believe they’re cryptic. I don’t really have anything to lose, seeing that my pnd and bad breath seem chronic. My ent doc told me I have narrowe sinuses and throat. That paired with my very chronic pnd, I get mucus buildup, that I believe sits on my tonsils, adenoids and throat and creates anaerobic bacteria which causes the bad breath.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic