Your Email Address:

First Name:

Antibiotic induced white hairy tongue. Photo of my tongue here. Check it

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
orlando
Total Newbie
Antibiotic induced white hairy tongue. Photo of my tongue here. Check it

Post by orlando »

Hey guys. First sorry for my bad english.
I just want to ask, Is anyone know something about "Antibiotic induced white hairy tongue"
I was taking amoxicillin and clarithromycin and after that my tongue became more white then it was before.
I found that i got chronical hyperplasia of the filiform papillae because of taking antibiotics.
This is very rare side effects as I can see. Didnt find the treatment yet.
Look, this is my tongue. Is anyone has same problem as me?

gotshot26
Master
Re: Antibiotic induced white hairy tongue. Photo of my tongue here. Check it

Post by gotshot26 »

STAY AWAY from antibiotics if you can avoid it. They are killer.

That looks like fungal overgrowth to me. Not bacterial. Does it give you bad breath?
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
orlando
Total Newbie

Post by orlando »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 am STAY AWAY from antibiotics if you can avoid it. They are killer.

That looks like fungal overgrowth to me. Not bacterial. Does it give you bad breath?
Yeap. It does give me bad breath, otherwise I would not write this post.
At the moment i always cure my bad breath by feeding my microbiome in gut. Coat on tongue became more less.
But i can see that my papillie on tongue still so long.
Elongation can start because of Antibiotics, chronical gastritis,GERB, gastroduodenitis. I know only that reasons at the moment.
Pieces of food get stuck betwеen the elonged filiform papillies, it cause bacteria overgrowth, not only Candida.
I was trying to take Nistatin and Flukonazol but nothing changed.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

orlando wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:16 pm
gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 am STAY AWAY from antibiotics if you can avoid it. They are killer.

At the moment i always cure my bad breath by feeding my microbiome in gut. Coat on tongue became more less.
Elongation can start because of Antibiotics, chronical gastritis,GERB, gastroduodenitis. I know only that reasons at the moment.
Pieces of food get stuck betwеen the elonged filiform papillies, it cause bacteria overgrowth, not only Candida.
Can you tell me the smell?

I am in the process of curing my candida overgrowth after getting infected at the start of the year. However I had bad breath for last 15 years from bacteria on the tongue (dysbiosis).

My tongue was horribly white at the heigh of my candida infection in march. Now its reduced by say 70-80% (continues to improve week over week).

I recommend the following:

Candex (these are biofilm busters)
SF722 (castor bean oil, kills yeast)
Diatomeceous earth
Ionic Silver (similar to colloidal silver but contains no lead, use orally only)
Diflucan (one time use only)

I can also temporarily cure my candida by feeding the biome - eating lots of prebiotic foods. Did you have bad breath before this happened at all? You should recover just fine but most recoveries take 6-18 months.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

I am in the process of curing my candida overgrowth after getting infected at the start of the year. However I had bad breath for last 15 years from bacteria on the tongue (dysbiosis).

My tongue was horribly white at the heigh of my candida infection in march. Now its reduced by say 70-80% (continues to improve week over week).

Diatomeceous earth
Ionic Silver (similar to colloidal silver but contains no lead, use orally only)

I can also temporarily cure my candida by feeding the biome - eating lots of prebiotic foods. Did you have bad breath before this happened at all? You should recover just fine but most recoveries take 6-18 months.
orlando
Total Newbie

Post by orlando »

gotshot26 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 am

Diatomeceous earth

the smell is like dirty socks with little bit acid)
Im struggling with bb since 2013-2014. After 3 cources of antibiotics because of Helicobacter my tongue became more white.
This is not candida i Think. I was taking diflucan already. Flukonazol this is same as diflucan.
Anyway thx for the advice's.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

orlando wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 pm
gotshot26 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 am

Diatomeceous earth

the smell is like dirty socks with little bit acid)
Im struggling with bb since 2013-2014. After 3 cources of antibiotics because of Helicobacter my tongue became more white.
This is not candida i Think. I was taking diflucan already. Flukonazol this is same as diflucan.
Anyway thx for the advice's.
No worries. It looks like Candida to me because of the formation of the white coating on the tongue. That smell eventually goes away as the Candida dies off but you need to take the antifungals + biofilm busters + do the diet and lifestyle change.
Sue2018
Junior

Post by Sue2018 »

I asked my ENT if I had Candida as I also get a white coating on my tongue and he said no. I’m want to get checked for Candida, do they do a blood test?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Sue2018 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am I asked my ENT if I had Candida as I also get a white coating on my tongue and he said no. I’m want to get checked for Candida, do they do a blood test?
The ENT probably has no idea what he/she is talking about. You can do lots of tests for Candida (blood, stool, oral swab) but they will likely all show up negative even if you have it. It needs to be very overrun in your system for it to be positive on the test.

The best way to tell is to brush your tongue with baking soda. If your tongue goes pink, the white coating is caused by dysbiosis. If your tongue doesn't change. It is candida.
timburkey
Total Newbie

Post by timburkey »

I am in the same shoe as this one. Except I have probably had bad breath since I was 10 years old and now I am 37. I didnt know what caused it, so believed brushing would resolve it. Now I brush like 10 times a day, mouthwashes, tongue scrappers etc and no help.

I have tongue that looks exactly like the image on this post and when I twist it, it shows some small white leaves projecting out.

Often after meals, it feels like my tongue is burning.. I have dry mouth too. What can I do to fix this... I have posted images below:
see projections
see projections
IMG_20180820_000321948.jpg (242.88 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
The attachment IMG_20180820_000258888.jpg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_20180820_000321948.jpg is no longer available
Please help me!
orlando
Total Newbie

Post by orlando »

timburkey wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am I am in the same shoe as this one. Except I have probably had bad breath since I was 10 years old and now I am 37. I didnt know what caused it, so believed brushing would resolve it. Now I brush like 10 times a day, mouthwashes, tongue scrappers etc and no help.

I have tongue that looks exactly like the image on this post and when I twist it, it shows some small white leaves projecting out.

Often after meals, it feels like my tongue is burning.. I have dry mouth too. What can I do to fix this... I have posted images below:

IMG_20180820_000341116.jpgIMG_20180820_000258888.jpgIMG_20180820_000321948.jpg

Please help me!
Man your tongue looks similar to mine. Tell me your situation in stomach and health in general. Do u have gastritis, GERD or gastroduodenitis?
orlando
Total Newbie

Post by orlando »

gotshot26 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:13 am
Sue2018 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am I asked my ENT if I had Candida as I also get a white coating on my tongue and he said no. I’m want to get checked for Candida, do they do a blood test?
The ENT probably has no idea what he/she is talking about. You can do lots of tests for Candida (blood, stool, oral swab) but they will likely all show up negative even if you have it. It needs to be very overrun in your system for it to be positive on the test.

The best way to tell is to brush your tongue with baking soda. If your tongue goes pink, the white coating is caused by dysbiosis. If your tongue doesn't change. It is candida.
Yeap, brushing tongue with baking soda its okay as temporary solution to treat symptoms (white coat). But the main problem is still exist.
The white coat on tongue caused by elongation of filiform papillae(!!!) Its called PARAKERATOSIS
timburkey
Total Newbie

Post by timburkey »

orlando wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 pm
timburkey wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am I am in the same shoe as this one. Except I have probably had bad breath since I was 10 years old and now I am 37. I didnt know what caused it, so believed brushing would resolve it. Now I brush like 10 times a day, mouthwashes, tongue scrappers etc and no help.

IMG_20180820_000341116.jpgIMG_20180820_000258888.jpgIMG_20180820_000321948.jpg

Please help me!
Man your tongue looks similar to mine. Tell me your situation in stomach and health in general. Do u have gastritis, GERD or gastroduodenitis?
Well I love spicy food and I do have minor gas issue.. But nothing otherwise. And yes, I eat lots of sweets everyday.
I can cut that off but I am finding it hard at this moment. I have found a solution which seems like will take forever maybe.... What I do is take some salt and spread on my tongue and lightly brush my tongue. I have done this since last 4 days and I feel amazing.. Please try and comment after 3-4 days
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic