Your Email Address:

First Name:

Adenoids grew back, getting removed. WILL IT BE MY CURE *** updates soon

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DeathByBreath
Total Newbie
Adenoids grew back, getting removed. WILL IT BE MY CURE *** updates soon

Post by DeathByBreath »

31 yr old female
4 years bad breath
Woke up one morning with a strange feeling like something was stuck in the my throat. This sensation has never subsided and is still with me today. Initially I thought it could be an std bc I had recently had oral sex, saw gyno,swapped for std in mouth,negative. Dentisit,perfect oral hygiene ,no cavities,little plague. I floss and brush all that good stuff. Not a dental issue which I believe a majority of bad breath people may just not floss enough. Then went to ENT had a camera put through nose in the office and doctor said everything looked great but maybe there was a small polyp which he said wouldn't cause bad breath or feeling in throat. Put me on nasal steroids and antihistamines spray. Did nothing to relieve bb or throat sensation. Went to GI said I had acid reflux put me on PPI,pantoprozole, this gave me heartburn which was something I never experienced. Had EGD found ulcers and small hiatal hernia. Diagnosed me with GERD. h pylori negative. Again prescribed PPI omeprazole, said different ppi affect people differently. Omeprazole did not give me heartburn. I didn't feel any improvement for my symptoms. I have never believed that I have gerd or acid reflux. I believe the ulcers are stress related bc I literally spend everyday stressing about my breath and what it could be.Social anxiety, depressed because I haven't been in a physical relationship in years. Anyways fast forward a year I had another egd, same findings, put on H2blockers this time. Which I thought maybe they could work because I do have allergies but nothing. Saw another ENT had ct sinus scan,findings were normal per the radiologist and doctor. had allergy test, hayfever,cat and dog allergies,mold, lots of allergies. Told I should consider getting allergy shots. Still considering. Through all of this I am doing my own research,reading all your post and such. I came across tonsil stones which to me matches my syptoms perfect, sulfur rotten egg smell,feeling in throat... only one problem I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out when I was 7 and I could definitely see that my tonsils did not grow back trust me I've spent hours looking in my magnifying mirror checking my mouth. Then I read adenoids can get stones too so I thought maybe my adenoids grew back but how could I know. Well luckily I work at the hospital and I got my ct scan at my work so while at work I decided to look at my scans. I have no idea how to read radiology scans so I researched and researched and looked and studied. Well I noticed it definitely looks like I had adenoids which I should not since I had them removed. HOW COULD A DOCTOR MISS THIS IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY. Scheduled myself an appt with my hospitals ENT. Saw him told him I looked at my CT and I think I found something but I can't be sure bc I am no doctor or radiology tech but they look like adenoids to me or some kind of mass. So he takes a look at scans comes in and tells me, you are right there is definitely something there. Then takes the camera and looks down my nose and throat and wouldn't you know he finds an enlarged adenoid. Apparently regrowths of adenoids can appear to be benign but sometimes this can mean much more, lymphoma, cyst, etc. So he recommends I have a adenoidectomy to test the whole tissue instead of just taking a small biopsy which won't give u the full tissue results. Which brings us to current day. Today I found the mass in my own ct scan by myself with no education or expertise just pure determination to find the root of cause and good old fashion Google surfing. Brought it to the doctor's attention and scheduled my surgery for next week. It goes to show ya that most doctors really don't give a shit, they won't dive deeper and get determined to find your cure. They just go off the textbook of whatever they learned and this is why many disease or cancers go undiagnosed. Anyways he is calling me tomorrow with a date for surgery next week. I don't know if this is the root of my problem or if it will cure me but I have a good feeling. If it does turn out to be cancer or a cyst and removing it cures my bad breath and all other syptoms then I am writing all those doctors to let them know that they failed me and that I'm sure I am not the only one, u lazy shits. Anywho I will keep you all posted on my results whether it works or not.

Never give up and take matters into your own hands.Never rely on only one doctors opinon just because they are in the field doesnt mean they are truly passionate about finding your cure. In the end it's up to you to speak up and demand certain test or demand a doctor recheck a scan. Most doctors overbook themselves they have so many patients they don't have time to give anyone special attention. the more patients the more money.

sopo
Advanced

Re: Adenoids grew back, getting removed. WILL IT BE MY CURE *** updates soon

Post by sopo »

Nice. Can you please check my CT scan report, I can send you via mail. I had tonsilotomy last year, I'm suspecting adenoid may be the cause of my BB. Thank you
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Good luck with your surgery and hope this is your cure.
Y not post here the ct image where u could identify the adenoids issue ..
Would be educating us..
And do we findthe adenoids on a sinus ct scan? Or is it a seperate one?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
DeathByBreath
Total Newbie

Post by DeathByBreath »

mine is on left the others are from the internet for reference. Hope this helps
mine is on left the others are from the internet for reference. Hope this helps
Screenshot_20181026-094347_Gallery.jpg (110.8 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
buddi wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 am Good luck with your surgery and hope this is your cure.
Y not post here the ct image where u could identify the adenoids issue ..
Would be educating us..
And do we findthe adenoids on a sinus ct scan? Or is it a seperate one?
DeathByBreath
Total Newbie

Post by DeathByBreath »

enlarged adenoids can cause post nasal drip which in turn causes bad breath. Some other syptoms are recurrent sore throats,nasal congestion, drainage obstruction(which collects bacteria and in turn bad breath),ear infections,mouth breathing,snoring,and sleep disturbances.
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Thats a detailed explaination :) Thanks for that.
I feel the same symptoms that mucus gets strucked some where in the pharynx or the sinus recesses..
All the best with your surgery and keep us updated
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

DeathByBreath wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 pm enlarged adenoids can cause post nasal drip which in turn causes bad breath. Some other syptoms are recurrent sore throats,nasal congestion, drainage obstruction(which collects bacteria and in turn bad breath),ear infections,mouth breathing,snoring,and sleep disturbances.

Hey my CT can is only from the front facing angle. Do you think it can show the adenoid part?
DeathByBreath
Total Newbie

Post by DeathByBreath »

omergerrd!! anyone planning on trying the adenoidectomy for halitosis cure be prepared to experience the worst bad breath of your life. I am on day 8 since my surgery. The smell is like a dirty diaper so intense you can't stand the smell of yourself. My breath was bad before, I mean fill a room bad but not quite as offensive as this, a whole notha level of offensive like Donald Trump offensive. ( I am not judgemental this is a joke, I kid I kid) Luckily this is temporary,so I hear ,and should go away once the wound has healed and the scab has fallen off. The longest heal time I've read is 3 weeks ish.. so I'll be back then to let you know where I am at. Not that anyone is probably paying much mind to this post, amongst the thousands of other posts with catcherey subject titles (is that how u spell catchery or is it EY, or is that even a word?) but just in case I will continue to share my progress. I mean, I was basically a shut-in before the surgery but with the stench now amplified times 100 I am feeling extra lonely with no one really to share this awfulness with so posting here helps. Anyways.... pain is about a 4to6 depending on your tolerance. I was rx'd pain pills but I could of lived without them but I wasn't going to say no. Shit might as well feel a little buzz, anything to take the edge off the neverending hell of halitosis: the search for the cure that's over taken our lives!!! The worse part is the constant phlegmy feeling , I am not a fan of spitting hawkers(howkers or lougies you know the kind of spit a man does out of a moving vehicle without making a mess)I dont really know how.... so it's always a really sad gross event. Been gargling with warm salt water which does alleviate the phlegmy feeling temporarily I do it about 3 times a day.
Annnnnnd I just realized why all you posters out there write such long gawd dang stories!!!! Oh jeez I'm one of the ramblers. okay I'm done.... I can't believe this is my life. I am right there with y'all I'm sorry I ever skipped over your essays because I understand now. Halitosis is an embarrassing symptom of many potentially scary illnesses. For those of us that have 100% checked off dental and oral care as the cause it is like looking for a needle in a haystack!!!! but I refuse to be anxiety ridden for the rest of life. Sure I could ask my doctor to prescribe me a boat load of xanax and a shit done of wellbutrin and be a happy numb camper but I'd rather feel like my old confident normal basic breath self again.

You beat cancer and then you went back to work at the carpet store? Boooo
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Glad u attempted!
And yeah the bad breath would persist till the wound heals
Hoping for d best
N donn worry, there are readers to ur post, how eva long u write :)
nenis

Post by nenis »

Hello,
hope you are well after the surgery.How is it going now?
And can i know some of your symptoms please?
1)All time bad taste or like sweet/sour taste in mouth and throat?
2)Sore Throats
can you please brief me if you are free
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Hey hope you are doing well. Please keep up updated regularly. Thanks
Bendover

Post by Bendover »

Ive had bad breath since I was 13 yrs old, im now 43 yrs old and srill trying to find a cure. Ive never thought about Adenoids being the cause, but it makes total sense im going to have an ENT look at mine. Thanks deathbybreath good luck with everything, please keep us posted.
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Bendover wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 pm Ive had bad breath since I was 13 yrs old, im now 43 yrs old and srill trying to find a cure. Ive never thought about Adenoids being the cause, but it makes total sense im going to have an ENT look at mine. Thanks deathbybreath good luck with everything, please keep us posted.
I neva understand it starts at 13 for most of us!!
Yeah even.i.plan to get the removed. Mine r on a larger scale too
N do u show any other symptoms/ health issues?
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

buddi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm
Bendover wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 pm Ive had bad breath since I was 13 yrs old, im now 43 yrs old and srill trying to find a cure. Ive never thought about Adenoids being the cause, but it makes total sense im going to have an ENT look at mine. Thanks deathbybreath good luck with everything, please keep us posted.
True, 90℅ of the post I read said their problem started early when they were 13 - 14 years old. Even my problem started around that age. I am wondering what may be the reason. Is it harmonal changes? We should study what happens to our body when we turn 13, 14
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

buddi wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm
Yes!!!! 13 - 14 is the age where 90℅ of the people started experiencing the problem as per the posts I read.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic