Your Email Address:

First Name:

Acidic PH in Saliva = BB? Zinc = neutraliser? Opinion?

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
Dita
Acidic PH in Saliva = BB? Zinc = neutraliser? Opinion?

Post by Dita »

Hi everyone, I have managed to control my BB using zinc based tooth/tongue products....

And this got me thinking...

When I was at high school, I remember us testing the PH of all kinds of liquids, from vinegar, lemon juice, bleach, anyway.... I spat into one of my samples of PH liquid and mine was red? My teacher said it was probably because I ate something acidic before class. Some other kids were green which is normal, 7.0-7.3 is healthy for an adult.

Around two years later I got some strips, my boyfriend's mother had a hot tub and I tested my saliva and I got red again... so yeah I think it's a coincidence.

Last week my boyfriend's brother was testing his pool ph with one of these strips, this is another year later and it's red! I didn't use my regular tooth gel/rinse as we stayed the night unexpectantly so yeah anyway I want to test my saliva after use to see if this is what's up.

Opinions welcome

This is just a theory of course...

gotshot26
Master
Re: Acidic PH in Saliva = BB? Zinc = neutraliser? Opinion?

Post by gotshot26 »

following
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

Never try this. maybe, i will try zinc base toothpaste and post my review.

Thanks
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

This is a great idea Dita; I'm really looking forward to your results! I have always suspected that for some types of BB it is due to an issue with the saliva. I have watched some of my friends eat the strongest garlic hummus, and you wouldn't even smell a thing on them after! Meanwhile I couldn't even dip a minuscule amount of it on my tongue without suffering for the next 24 hours. I think it's also possible our body is missing a form of enzyme or something that flows to the mouth through the saliva, which other normal ppl have. This difference is what allows their saliva to effectively cleanse away bacteria and sulfuric compounds immediately = keeping their breath fresh. Whereas, ours just can't seem to do the same.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

StillHoping wrote:This is a great idea Dita; I'm really looking forward to your results! I have always suspected that for some types of BB it is due to an issue with the saliva. I have watched some of my friends eat the strongest garlic hummus, and you wouldn't even smell a thing on them after! Meanwhile I couldn't even dip a minuscule amount of it on my tongue without suffering for the next 24 hours. I think it's also possible our body is missing a form of enzyme or something that flows to the mouth through the saliva, which other normal ppl have. This difference is what allows their saliva to effectively cleanse away bacteria and sulfuric compounds immediately = keeping their breath fresh. Whereas, ours just can't seem to do the same.
You reminded me of a doctor friend (not close, so can't ask her for BB advice) who would grill cloves of garlic and eat them. She would drink coke after that. Her breath didn't smell at all. Google if coke anything to do with it. Seem like some sources said it might even worsen BB.

Anyway, Aydinmur's post in http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/phpBB ... php?t=1982 might be relevant to thread starter. Where did Aydinmur go? His account is deleted.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I doubt that coke would help in our case due to the sugar content. That's weird, I didn't know Aydinmur was deleted/ I wonder why??
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

StillHoping wrote:I doubt that coke would help in our case due to the sugar content. That's weird, I didn't know Aydinmur was deleted/ I wonder why??
He deleted years ago. Doesn't matter. Reading back on alot of his stuff he was actually incorrect alot of the time.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Sue2018
Junior

Post by Sue2018 »

Dita wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm Hi everyone, I have managed to control my BB using zinc based tooth/tongue products....

And this got me thinking...

When I was at high school, I remember us testing the PH of all kinds of liquids, from vinegar, lemon juice, bleach, anyway.... I spat into one of my samples of PH liquid and mine was red? My teacher said it was probably because I ate something acidic before class. Some other kids were green which is normal, 7.0-7.3 is healthy for an adult.

Around two years later I got some strips, my boyfriend's mother had a hot tub and I tested my saliva and I got red again... so yeah I think it's a coincidence.

Last week my boyfriend's brother was testing his pool ph with one of these strips, this is another year later and it's red! I didn't use my regular tooth gel/rinse as we stayed the night unexpectantly so yeah anyway I want to test my saliva after use to see if this is what's up.

Opinions welcome

This is just a theory of course...
Any updates?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

winter wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:21 pm
StillHoping wrote:This is a great idea Dita; I'm really looking forward to your results! I have always suspected that for some types of BB it is due to an issue with the saliva. I have watched some of my friends eat the strongest garlic hummus, and you wouldn't even smell a thing on them after! Meanwhile I couldn't even dip a minuscule amount of it on my tongue without suffering for the next 24 hours. I think it's also possible our body is missing a form of enzyme or something that flows to the mouth through the saliva, which other normal ppl have. This difference is what allows their saliva to effectively cleanse away bacteria and sulfuric compounds immediately = keeping their breath fresh. Whereas, ours just can't seem to do the same.
You reminded me of a doctor friend (not close, so can't ask her for BB advice) who would grill cloves of garlic and eat them. She would drink coke after that. Her breath didn't smell at all. Google if coke anything to do with it. Seem like some sources said it might even worsen BB.

Anyway, Aydinmur's post in http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/phpBB ... php?t=1982 might be relevant to thread starter. Where did Aydinmur go? His account is deleted.
Hi winter, did you try the coke method you recommended? Ive tried drinking coke zero (no sugar) with meals over the past week and it does seem to help
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

StillHoping wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi winter, did you try the coke method you recommended? Ive tried drinking coke zero (no sugar) with meals over the past week and it does seem to help
I didn't. That's weird. I was actually trying to say that some people have something that we don't have. She could eat garlic and drink coke without stinking.

Reliable feedback or just guessing?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Hi friends,
In the mouth, every minute, pH changes between ~4 (acid) and ~9 (alkaline). Acidity causes caries, while alkalinity dental calculi.
Origin of the acidity in the mouth can be foods or bacteria.
Type 1 halitosis increases with alkaline pH, on the other hand, decreases with acidity.
Zn does not directly effect on acidity.
-Murat
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

winter wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:44 pm
StillHoping wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:09 pm

I didn't. That's weird. I was actually trying to say that some people have something that we don't have. She could eat garlic and drink coke without stinking.

Reliable feedback or just guessing?
Yes it does seem to help. I drank it while out to dinner with friends and did not get reactions
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic