Your Email Address:

First Name:

I leave a gift to all of you, a very simple way to end halitosis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Smilingagain
Advanced
Re: I leave a gift to all of you, a very simple way to end halitosis

Post by Smilingagain »

I don't think this is an effective way to cure/stop bad breath.
I tried the breathing techniques a couple of times just before the xmas season.

Regard's
Smilinagain

☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

Smilingagain wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:47 pm I don't think this is an effective way to cure/stop bad breath.
I tried the breathing techniques a couple of times just before the xmas season.

Regard's
Smilinagain

it is not a matter of doing it a couple of times, but changing your usual way of breathing in this way, you must adopt it as your new way of breathing, if you have read everything, you will see that there are several members here in the forum who have finally solved your problem of halitosis.
if you practice with constancy, that will be done automatically, even when you sleep,
For example, more than half a year ago I began to practice it until I adopted it as my new way of breathing, I never suffered from halitosis, the night of December 31st I put my new condition to the test, and everything was just perfect, especially when I had the great uncertainty the next morning, without having washed my teeth, everything was just perfect, if I had not adopted this way of breathing, another would have been the experience.
that's why I recommend it 100%
I understand that this solution seems too easy and good to be true, but that's right, people who do not have halitosis do not do anything special, like medicines or special foods or operations.
I urge you to continue with this method until you manage to accept it as your new way of breathing.
and you tell me again, it also seemed very simple to me, but I suggest you see the experience of other people who comment on this technique.
regards
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

Obviously, I can tell you that you have already solved other problems, such as dental problems and gums, as well as cleaning your tongue and not smoking.

before practicing this way of breathing, and remember, you should never press the tongue against the palate, for correct oxygenation of the entire oral cavity.
Are you sure you do the technique correctly?
You can ask for advice in a yoga center.
Renato1
Total Newbie

Post by Renato1 »

aydinmur:

lactobacillus and bifidobacterium don't work at all?

Your SIBO wasn't cured by the standard antibiotics treatment? Did you have gas problem? A doctor told me SIBO would cause gas, not bad breath, so he didn't order the test.

How's your endoscopy result?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, lactobacillus and bifidobacterium did not help at all even if I took 500 billion each day. Nevertheless, 3 billion S. salivarus per day does the trick.

I was given the non-absorbable antibiotic Xifaxan, which helped for a week, then anaerobic bacteria came back even worse, as with many other antibiotics. Yes this bacteria cause me a lot of gas, especially when I eat carbohidrates. I had have 5 endoscopies to esophagus, nothing wrong there.
Renato1
Total Newbie

Post by Renato1 »

mtr wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 pm
Renato1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 am mtr,

I have tried at least 10 different brands of Clinical Grade Oral Probiotics from Amazon based on BLISK12, BLISM18 (S. salivarius). Although almost all worked, though at different levels, some triggered mucus production which I did not like. Some contain sugar which also allow other bacteria to grow in the throat, and others have very low bacterial CFU in their formulation.
SO after trying all I sticked to two brands, which are sugar-free, with high CFUs in their formulation and did not cause me mucus overproduction. One is cheaper than the other.

If commercial brands are allowed here I can tell you the brands, otherwise I can email the names to you.
Thank you very much Renato. It should be fine mentioning the brand in public. Maybe someone else has used them as well.

I currently using "Clinical Grade Oral Probiotics * 4 Billion CFUs of BLIS K12® & BLIS M18® * Sugar Free * Natural Peppermint Flavoring * 100% Made in the USA * by PUR Nutraceuticals.

Also, Oral Probiotic Formula Natural Strawberry Flavor 30 Chwbls (3 billion) by Swanson.

The first is more expensive but does not need refrigeration after opening and comes with more tablets.

The second is cheaper, but only 30 tablets and needs refrigeration once opened.

You may want to try other brands that may be right for you. These worked the best for me.

If you try these, do not perform Raymond's breath technique for a while, so you should know how effective is the oral probiotic by itself. Then , you can combine both strategies.

Good luck.

Good look
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I don't believe we are breathing the wrong way. This technic is simply just a way to get more oxygen in the back of our throats. You're supose to have your tongue against the roof of your mouth. I'm still gonna give a try though, because I think it might be working for me.

I report back on friday.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Raymond,

I was wondering below questions:

Did you experience phlegm released from your throat right away or did it take you few days of persistent practise of this method? Also if any phlegm is released, do you attempt to spit it or swallow it?

Many thanks in advance...
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

mtr wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 pm Raymond,

I was wondering below questions:

Did you experience phlegm released from your throat right away or did it take you few days of persistent practise of this method? Also if any phlegm is released, do you attempt to spit it or swallow it?

Many thanks in advance...
After a couple of days, I began to feel that the phlegm was released, spit or swallowed, it does not matter.
I have the theory that the vast majority of people suffering from bb is because we breathe differently than those who do not have bb, it is a very subtle detail.
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

billie wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:10 pm I don't believe we are breathing the wrong way. This technic is simply just a way to get more oxygen in the back of our throats. You're supose to have your tongue against the roof of your mouth. I'm still gonna give a try though, because I think it might be working for me.

I report back on friday.

Why do you think you breathe like everyone else who does not have bb?
I suffered bb for decades, more than 40 years, and changed my breathing and began to force my breathing to another way of getting air into my lungs, before I breathed air to the bottom of my nose, and changed the air reaching the back of my throat, and so I stayed for a while to see if it was that difference that could affect my breath, that's when I experienced that the phlegm fell from my throat and I felt my mouth take another flavor, and after many tests, in which the results were positive, I got the implication that this was the problem, there are several who recognize it in this topic.
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

Raymond wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:13 pm I do not think anyone here practices this breath, but, they would not have BB, at least produced by phlegm, this is the most known and the worst halitosis of all, and the most chronic. , I think you should know what halitosis I mean

One very important thing, they have to use another person to evaluate them, once they have finished with phlegm stuck in their throats.
forget the taste they may feel, that taste has no influence with our breath
I'm just now seeing you post. I have phlegm in my throat throughout the day and I can somehow get it to come up on my own. Since it comes up does this mean that phlegm isn't the cause of my bad breath or that it is. Also I'm still trying to figure out how to breathe like this.🤔
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

Raymond wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:13 pm I do not think anyone here practices this breath, but, they would not have BB, at least produced by phlegm, this is the most known and the worst halitosis of all, and the most chronic. , I think you should know what halitosis I mean

One very important thing, they have to use another person to evaluate them, once they have finished with phlegm stuck in their throats.
forget the taste they may feel, that taste has no influence with our breath
I'm just now seeing you post. I have phlegm in my throat throughout the day and I can somehow get it to come up on my own. Since it comes up does this mean that phlegm isn't the cause of my bad breath or that it is. Also I'm still trying to figure out how to breathe like this.🤔
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

NasalBking wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:42 pm Dear Raymond,
I would like to post this to help others and also to talk to you.

Since i was a kid i had runny nose and I used to wake up with thick coated white tongue, loss of sense of smell, Nasal BB, Mouth BB, strange taste always in mouth, always need to cough, sniff and spit out mucus all the time even though I brushed, flossed, used hydrogen peroxide, Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, activated charcoal, believe me i tried almost everything in every forum for years.

Your post really is a gift as I feel a big improvement in tongue coating and mouth/nasal odor since attempting your breathing method for the last weeks and after seeing others like ttylman and sue2018 post that it had a big effect I was not sure something so simple would actually help. Like ttylman said - it is a habit you don't notice and I believe it effects people with post nasal drip and runny nose (PND). Maybe we subconsciously learned to breath in this bad way because it feels like you are blowing out less breath so you might think there is less bad odor coming out but it actually makes it worse. The throat and mouth needs oxygen to be clean and clear and your mucus needs to drain down the throat properly.

Im in my mid 20's but after years of researching,trying things like PPI proton pump inhibitor for stomach acid, fluconazole for candida infection, H.Pylori test and other highly recommended things that did not work for me, my understanding of this issue is this: If you just inhale air straight into your nose it is almost like you are skipping past the mouth and little airflow is reaching your tongue or lingual tonsils. Phlegm/mucus gathers in the back of the throat and in your maxillary sinus and SHOULD run down your throat without notice but because we are breathing directly in and out of the nose, bacteria and particles from the air stick and mix there. This then builds up a bad environment over time and can drip into your mouth causing a bacteria coated tongue, bad breath and even bad breath from the nose without speaking (some people can fill a room with bad breath odor without speaking and just breathing from their nose). They key to solving this particular issue is UJJAYI breathing. This breathing method constricts and opens your glottis manually which should already be open when breathing (the flap inbetween your vocal chords in the bottom of your throat) and is almost like draining the sink. It opens your windpipe and allows the excess mucus an escape route out of your nasopharynx (back of throat/nose/mouth area). So by breathing in this way we are providing oxygen to all areas of our throat and mouth and we are also providing the phlegm a way out of our throat. After a week you can notice a huge difference if your BB problem is because of Phlegm/mucus buildup.

Many people including me have been browsing this website for a long time, never made an account but only reading and trying many of the suggestions posted here. Lots of them are completely silly but people here are desperate for a cure. As you know this is an embarrassing ''curse'' that many of us have and it has changed and ruined lots of lives. It can make you a shadow of your true self and only people with it truly understand the impact it has on every corner of your life - job, social life, relationships and everything.

Raymond I hope you know that many people here that are not even members and just read are so grateful for your information but not everyone that post here has a job or has spare money. When you have this curse we all know its hard to be around people which can make it difficult to keep a good job where you have to be near other people. I am sorry that you also have suffered so long with this and it has caused you to not have much but please just remember that your simple words might have saved so many more lifes that were ruined because of this than you will ever know. I am not religious but i do believe in universal energy and the positive energy you have created will 100% come back to reward you. It might not be in money form in this moment but just like you kept belief you would beat this problem, I hope you will believe more blessing will come to you.

Thank you so much for persevering and spreading your message here and I hope anyone reading this can turn their life around too. I still have someway to go but i knew i could solve it if i kept searching and I feel like 80% im on my way. Also thank you to Jimi, dont ever close this site you have no idea how much positive change you are making here.
Thankyou so much for sharing the name of this breathing technique. I was able to find videos on how to do it.
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

Idk if you can share links here but I believe this is the technique https://youtu.be/IQrsJ-yZWV8
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

Kd1994 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:00 pm Idk if you can share links here but I believe this is the technique https://youtu.be/IQrsJ-yZWV8

The best way to describe it is to breathe through your mouth, but with your mouth closed.

I mention that breathing is always done with the mouth closed, (inhale and exhale) and effectively if it produces a sound in the back of the throat when inhaling.
Every time you inhale, imagine that the air is directed to the entrance of the throat.

Remember that the tongue should never press against the palate.

my old way of breathing (and that I think was the cause of my bb)
when I inhaled, I made the air reach directly to the bottom of my nose, near the base of my eyes. but when I changed my way of breathing, (which cost me at first) it made the air go directly to my throat and that began to loosen the phlegm that possibly had not been removed in a long time by my previous way of breathing, it's just a matter of imagine the amount of bacteria that a phlegm can accumulate that is not periodically renewed, it's just a matter of seeing what happens with the stagnant waters of a sink.

In addition to adequately oxygenate the tongue and tonsils
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

I’ve been doing some research and I think this breathing technique is breathing through your maxillary sinuses as well as your usual upper sinuses. I could be wrong but after doing this technique it felt like learning to walk again. So that is a part of my sinuses I wasn’t bringing oxygen through. Whether it helps my mucus build up, I don’t know but I’ll check back in, in time with my results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic