Your Email Address:

First Name:

Help Please! How to temporarily mask breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
millionyearsago
Help Please! How to temporarily mask breath?

Post by millionyearsago »

Hello everyone,

If I could get anyones help I would greatly appreciate it. Tomorrow I have an outing that requires me to be a bit social, I’ve been kind of dreading it because my bb causes me great anxiety. So I am looking for any attainable tips/recs to temporarily mask my breath for maybe an hr or even less. I am hoping to go back to my ENT soon but for now I need help, I will brush, chew gum and mits but anything else thats more long lasting? or potent?

Thank you!! :)

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Help Please! How to temporarily mask breath?

Post by Jimi Stein »

use bleach, dentists recommend it......if the problem is in your mout or throat it will help you
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am use bleach, dentists recommend it......if the problem is in your mout or throat it will help you
Holy crap, bleach? That sounds dangerous. Isn't that toxic, and potentially fatal if swallowed? Is there a specific formula or concoction to use?

I myself just brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with a new toothbrush, once every hour, for every hour, for the entire day prior to the day an event is planned. For example, if I know I have an event planned on Saturday, I will brush my tongue every hour on Friday, throughout the day, and also as frequently as I can on Saturday up until the event. This seems to help a lot. The key I think is brushing as far back as possible, and as frequently as possible, and start doing so well in advance before your event is planned. Tends to keep things at bay, especially if you stay hydrated throughout the event, preferably with a sugar-free drink (diet coke, coke zero, tea, etc.).

Also, for emergencies, I have used a mouthwash called Peridex (or Chlorohexadine Gluconate), but it is prescription only. It has been highly addictive for me, because of its effectiveness -- it completely eliminates the bad breath, but only works for a couple of days time. Soon enough, you will develop a tolerance to it, and it will stop working (like if you try using it for a full week or two at a time, or every other day). It also stains the teeth pretty bad, and requires a professional dental cleaning to remove the stains (which can become brown/orange in color).
Memyselfi

Post by Memyselfi »

Have u tried Tung gel? It works for some 🤷🏾‍♀️
Memyselfi

Post by Memyselfi »

Also Extra Virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Gargling with it for 10min helps especially if u swallow some.
badbrlady

Post by badbrlady »

Tunggel is a good tip. Brushing tongue several times a day also is good advise. Also stop eating meat and other foods that give bad breath. Drink water. Brush tongue really good. I gargle with baking soda and i try to eat apples, carrots and cucumber. Altho that makes my breath smell like apples carrots and cucumber and i want it to smell neutral. Maybe citric fruit will also help. Good luck.
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

Hot water + lime = squeeze into a small bottle a take it along with you.

Or better get a bitter kolanut - the Africa nut. (should mask your bb for about 30-45 min as long as you keep chewing it)
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic