Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone live in Philippines? Manila.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
winter
Sheriff

Re: Anyone live in Philippines? Manila.

Post by winter »

fuskar wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 pm BB Sufferer here for 16 long years. I am now 30 years old.

Half my life I have fought this embarrassing condition with all the insults and the like.
I have done everything that I can and went to every doctor, dentist, gastro, ent that I could find.
I tried every possible "treatment" like mouthwashes, saline solutions etc. Some doctors just dont even care with the condition and would just say just brush your teeth and floss.... like wtf do they even understand that this condition can be caused by other things like sinus, stomach etc.

I complained about heavy post nasal drip but the doctors would just give me nasal sprays and antibiotics and any succeeding follow up and checkup
are just the same old procedure or advice like diet etc.

I can't stay on one company because soon they will know my condition and its very embarrassing so I bounced off and went to work with a lot of companies. Lots of promotions and career opportunities have been lost. And most of my very hard earned salary only goes to all these checkups and consultations and medical procedures.

Finally I was able to get to find a doctor (from a family friend) that really examined my condition and took all my bb concerns very seriously he carefully studied my past medical history, blood test, sugar levels, stomach endoscopy, sinus endoscopy, xrays and everything I can think off, and Behold he was able to find the exact cause of my post nasal drip and bad breath which is NASAL POLYPS.

He told me that if the medications will not work we might need to get an MRI for clearer picture of the NASAL POLYPS and might need surgery.
It is very bittersweet for me because I was able to find the cause of my BB suffering but knowing I may no longer be able to afford such MRI and sinus surgeries is a bit heartbreaking.

Guys if you are able to do a sinus checkup with an ENT please convince him to really look for NASAL POLYPS and I hope you all can finally be cured.
How many nasal endoscopies have you done? None of the previous doctors found polyps?

There are so many people from Philippines? Is it just because of the language? Or it can be diet or something? I had a very bad diet last time.

Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

winter wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:10 pm
fuskar wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 pm BB Sufferer here for 16 long years. I am now 30 years old.

Half my life I have fought this embarrassing condition with all the insults and the like.
I have done everything that I can and went to every doctor, dentist, gastro, ent that I could find.
I tried every possible "treatment" like mouthwashes, saline solutions etc. Some doctors just dont even care with the condition and would just say just brush your teeth and floss.... like wtf do they even understand that this condition can be caused by other things like sinus, stomach etc.

I complained about heavy post nasal drip but the doctors would just give me nasal sprays and antibiotics and any succeeding follow up and checkup
are just the same old procedure or advice like diet etc.

I can't stay on one company because soon they will know my condition and its very embarrassing so I bounced off and went to work with a lot of companies. Lots of promotions and career opportunities have been lost. And most of my very hard earned salary only goes to all these checkups and consultations and medical procedures.

Finally I was able to get to find a doctor (from a family friend) that really examined my condition and took all my bb concerns very seriously he carefully studied my past medical history, blood test, sugar levels, stomach endoscopy, sinus endoscopy, xrays and everything I can think off, and Behold he was able to find the exact cause of my post nasal drip and bad breath which is NASAL POLYPS.

He told me that if the medications will not work we might need to get an MRI for clearer picture of the NASAL POLYPS and might need surgery.
It is very bittersweet for me because I was able to find the cause of my BB suffering but knowing I may no longer be able to afford such MRI and sinus surgeries is a bit heartbreaking.

Guys if you are able to do a sinus checkup with an ENT please convince him to really look for NASAL POLYPS and I hope you all can finally be cured.
How many nasal endoscopies have you done? None of the previous doctors found polyps?

There are so many people from Philippines? Is it just because of the language? Or it can be diet or something? I had a very bad diet last time.
I think possible causes that contributed to our bb are:
1) frequent antibiotics
2) other frquent medications
3) skipping meals
4) eating a lot of chicken; since chickens are injected with antibiotics.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

This contributing factors have somehow disrupted our digestive system creating an imbalance during digestion. Which is why we produce this phlegm in our throat especially after a meal.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Ricky wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:31 am I think possible causes that contributed to our bb are:
1) frequent antibiotics
2) other frquent medications
3) skipping meals
4) eating a lot of chicken; since chickens are injected with antibiotics.

I didn't really take any medications before I have this problem.

I was guilty of skipping breakfast.

I don't think I eat more chicken than most people.

I love fried and spicy food though. Before I have this constant problem, I think I had occasionally BB when I indulged in mangoes. I could eat a few per day. I have removed all these "heaty" food from my diet for a few years.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

I know someone who also skipped meals during her early childhood. She also has bb right now.

I think any of these will cause bb in their future lives.

I know someone who dont usually take medications but was fond of eating in fastfood. He has bb right now.

And i know a lot of people who took antibiotics frequently have bb right now.

I just think that these are the very thing that disrupts our digestive system that eventually lead us to bb. Either of them is enough to create imbalance.

So i think to those who have no bb, they should avoid skipping meals. And take vit c 500 to 1000mg to avoid getting sick and so you will not take antibiotics.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Ricky wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 am I know someone who also skipped meals during her early childhood. She also has bb right now.

I know someone who dont usually take medications but was fond of eating in fastfood. He has bb right now.

I just think that these are the very thing that disrupts our digestive system that eventually lead us to bb. Either of them is enough to create imbalance.

So i think to those who have no bb, they should avoid skipping meals. And take vit c 500 to 1000mg to avoid getting sick and so you will not take antibiotics.
There are millions of people with "worse" diet than us. Mexico, India, northern china... Spicy food is the norm and some people live in poverty without frequent meals. I wonder if there is a higher incidence of BB there.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

winter wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:59 pm
Ricky wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 am I know someone who also skipped meals during her early childhood. She also has bb right now.

There are millions of people with "worse" diet than us. Mexico, India, northern china... Spicy food is the norm and some people live in poverty without frequent meals. I wonder if there is a higher incidence of BB there.
Who knows. Maybe there is high rate of bb there.
Justice
Junior

Post by Justice »

Ricky wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:33 am
winter wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:59 pm

Who knows. Maybe there is high rate of bb there.

Ricky.. ano nga po itsura ng tonsil stone na minsan natatangal sa throat by coughing..? Tska malambot po ba ng kunti or matigas.. sorry no idea po kasi
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello justice

Pasensya na di ako naka reply. Diko rin alam ano itsura hehe. Basta na tonsillectomy na ako noong yr 2007. Siguro yan yung puti puti pag may infection.
Dash77
Total Newbie

Post by Dash77 »

Hello guys! I suffered from bb for almost 15 years. I been reading this forum since then... tried everything ive read here. I can all feel you guys, it's hard... A month ago i was depressed cause i felt nothing really works! Then, I tried this Crest toothpaste that's been in my bathroom for a while (a friend gave it to me, wasn't really interested to use it back then because its for teeth whitening!) Then the next morning my mouth still feels clean, which is unusual! Well, prior to Crest, I also took probiotics capsule for 3 days. I thought, my bb will come back after few hours that morning, but surprisingly my breath was okay through out the day! Its been 15 days now and the people i talked since didn't cover/clear their noses, or even backed away from me. Im just so happy right now, that makes me sign up here to share here. Give it a try guys. Crest and probiotics capsules. There's hope!
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello dash

Where are you from? I have used crest before. It was imported, not philippine made. I think crest was strong for me becoz i develop blisters. So i stopped using it.

And also i have tried probiotics before. It didn't worked. What brand of probiotics are you using?
Dash77
Total Newbie

Post by Dash77 »

Hi Ricky

Im from Manila. Yeah, Crest is from US and indeed its a quite strong toothpaste. I find it effective for bb that's why im still using it. For the Probiotics, i remember buying it from Southstar drugstore, cant really remember the brand name, but its a brown capsule, P50.00 each. Bought 10 pcs of it that time, when i run out i opt to buy a bottle of Probiotics at SNR (Webber Naturals).

No bb as of this posting.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

When you buy again, pls tell us the brand.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello justice

Pasensya na at di ako makapag messenger. Nalimutan ko yung password. Tapos yung isang celpon ko ay may sira.

Kumusta na lang sa lahat
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Hi Dash,
May I ask kung ganu ba kalala yung bb mo? Sakin kc as in kahit nsa loob ako sasakyan tpos kausap mo mga 2 meters away sa labas, the moment magsalita ako, nagrurub agad ng ilong kausap ko. As in malala yung sa case ko base sa reaction ng mga kausap ko. Natanong ko lng k c gus2 ko matantya if magkakaron din ba ng difference if gagamit ako crest and probiotics. Di ko pa kase na try pro biotics.

Ask ko din if maganda ba alignment teeth mo? Wala ba prob alignment teeth mo?

Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic