Your Email Address:

First Name:

14 day water fast cured my bb for 3 weeks

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Trunks99
Advanced

14 day water fast cured my bb for 3 weeks

Post by Trunks99 »

Hello,

I water fasted for 14 days and for 3 weeks I enjoyed life with a fresh breath. Unfortunately, I started eating crap again and eventually my bb came back. I just thought I'd share this here since I've never experience a relief that lasted this long.

Water fasting is very difficult and dangerous and I encourage you to read about it if you ever decide to give it a go.

I believe that it is a great way to reset your system, but you'll also need to change your lifestyle, otherwise benefits won't last -- don't do like I did.

buddi
Junior

Re: 14 day water fast cured my bb for 3 weeks

Post by buddi »

Appreciate ur determination!! Its not any easier to go on water diet for half a mnth!
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Wouldn't you be very weak after a few days? What do you consider "safe" food?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

tl;dr: I'm 100% cured since mid 2017 and I'm pretty sure water fasting is what cured me.

longer version: I haven't posted on this forum for 2 years but I used to be a regular member for several years. I'm now 42 years old. BB started when I was 11 and had BB until I was 41. A few years ago, I started doing water fast - 2 or 3 a year, - and after several fast over the years, BB finally disappeared in summer of 2017. I'm 100% sure of this because I had a gf from August 2017 to September of 2018 and she'd tell me when I had occasional BB that every one gets sometimes (from being dehydrated or in a fasting state), she was blunt about it - that happened about 4 times over 13 months but other than that, I was 100% bad breath free. My now ex-gf was insane and her mouth had no filter so that's why I'm 100% sure I was cured. I asked her dozens of times if my breath was fresh and she said yes, she wouldn't put up with BB the few times I had it (she was a very rude person).

I didn't make a post about this sooner because I can't be 100% sure fasting is what cured me but that's the only 'protocol' I tried in last couple of years so I'm fairly confident fasting did the trick but again, it could be a coincidence. And frankly, water fasting is insanely hard and I'm not sure that's something I'd wanna promote. But since someone made a thread about having good results with fasting, I had to share my story. I'm still BB free because I still occasionally fast (~1 week every 2 months). it is hard and I hate it but I have no choice.

Interestingly enough, it seems in the last year fasting is becoming more mainstream, BBC did a documentary about it, many youtubers are promoting it. The 'intermittent fasting' sub reddit has 250k users. So don't think of fasting as something extreme that only religious people do, many people fast for health reasons only. Alright, long enough post.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

great.....I did 1 day and I was super tired....

can you be more specific please....what you do when you feel tired, how much weight did you loose etc....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Wow congrats trunks and archimonde. I'm definitely gonna give this a try!! Yes please can you provide more details
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

Congrats, Archimonde. I remember you posting on this forum from waaaay back in the day. Glad to see you attain positive results from the water fast. It sounds pretty intense though...I don’t think I’d be able to go that long without food as I have a job that requires me to be at peak cognition...can’t be starving on the clock, lol. Also tough for me to go to bed hungry. I might have to look into it further...
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:46 am great.....I did 1 day and I was super tired....

can you be more specific please....what you do when you feel tired, how much weight did you loose etc....
StillHoping wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 am Wow congrats trunks and archimonde. I'm definitely gonna give this a try!! Yes please can you provide more details
winter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm Wouldn't you be very weak after a few days? What do you consider "safe" food?
Resources

Here is an article that gave me the motivation to fast (my experience was similar to hers in some ways): https://itsyourturnblog.com/i-was-witho ... 60e8625dbf

Here is another good article: https://medium.com/@realkniels/how-a-22 ... b48287144e

There is an excellent documentary about fasting on Amazon called the science of fasting. It's available to watch for free for those who are Amazon Prime members..

Not directly related to extended water fasting, but if you want to understand how the body works and if you haven't heard of Dr Berg on YouTube, go watch his videos (very informative)

My background

As I said in my previous post, I made a lot of research before starting my fast. It's super important, so please do the same.
I also water fasted 2, 3, and (x2) 5 days prior to my 14 day-fast. The more you do it, the easier it gets... but go slowly like I did and see how your body responds to it.

My experience

Now my experience.. As I said, first shorter fasts were very difficult, but the more I did it, the easier it got (I would still consider it difficult though even after doing it many times) I allowed myself to drink water and herbal teas.. and that's it.

A lot of articles/posts online mention the first few days as being the most difficult and that it gets worst at day 5 through 10, before getting better. I think your experience will depend on your body, the health issues you are dealing with etc.. As far as I'm concerned, first day was mentally difficult but other than that, I was okay. Second and third days were not too difficult -- though i was weak, I was not hungry at all. After that, i really got weak and tired, and what kept me going was thinking about the number of times I felt embarrassed because of my health problems. During most of my fast, I felt very weak but I did not feel hungry at all. I didn't go to work during my fast, I just took it easy and rested. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I had to go to work everyday.

Now the refeeding part. It's the most important part of the fast, because according to research , this is when the body gets draws most of the benefits from the fast (depending on how you refeed of course). Golden rule is go slow: gradually refeed over a period equal to half of your fast at least. It's the most difficult part of the fast as far as I'm concerned -- very hard to discipline yourself.

Benefits

Benefits are huge: Mental clarity, improved vision, more energy, less sleep needed, no bad breath, fresh mouth in the morning, feeling of happiness and contempt, feeling good in your body, feeling inspired, creative... and much more.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Be careful. Someone has brain damage from fasting recently.
https://amp.livescience.com/65141-juice ... remia.html
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

winter wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:09 pm Be careful. Someone has brain damage from fasting recently.
https://amp.livescience.com/65141-juice ... remia.html
Thanks for sharing this. Scary.

It is a dangerous process and should ideally be supervised. It's also not for everyone.

You can go to a fasting center to do your fast: There are two that I know of in California, one in Costa Rica, a couple in Europe (Germany and Spain I think), and there is also one in Russia.
Tired12
Total Newbie

Post by Tired12 »

Archimonde wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:15 pm tl;dr: I'm 100% cured since mid 2017 and I'm pretty sure water fasting is what cured me.

longer version: I haven't posted on this forum for 2 years but I used to be a regular member for several years. I'm now 42 years old. BB started when I was 11 and had BB until I was 41. A few years ago, I started doing water fast - 2 or 3 a year, - and after several fast over the years, BB finally disappeared in summer of 2017. I'm 100% sure of this because I had a gf from August 2017 to September of 2018 and she'd tell me when I had occasional BB that every one gets sometimes (from being dehydrated or in a fasting state), she was blunt about it - that happened about 4 times over 13 months but other than that, I was 100% bad breath free. My now ex-gf was insane and her mouth had no filter so that's why I'm 100% sure I was cured. I asked her dozens of times if my breath was fresh and she said yes, she wouldn't put up with BB the few times I had it (she was a very rude person).

I didn't make a post about this sooner because I can't be 100% sure fasting is what cured me but that's the only 'protocol' I tried in last couple of years so I'm fairly confident fasting did the trick but again, it could be a coincidence. And frankly, water fasting is insanely hard and I'm not sure that's something I'd wanna promote. But since someone made a thread about having good results with fasting, I had to share my story. I'm still BB free because I still occasionally fast (~1 week every 2 months). it is hard and I hate it but I have no choice.

Interestingly enough, it seems in the last year fasting is becoming more mainstream, BBC did a documentary about it, many youtubers are promoting it. The 'intermittent fasting' sub reddit has 250k users. So don't think of fasting as something extreme that only religious people do, many people fast for health reasons only. Alright, long enough post.
Congrats on finding your cure. Can I ask, after your initial fast did you change your diet or did you continue to eat like you did before? I've fasted here and there often but never for this long, I did a little research and you're right these types of fast are becoming pretty popular.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Did you guys red this post about water fast? Who is gonna try it? :D
space
Advanced

Post by space »

The most I can go with water fast is 48 hours, you get weak and may palpitate by third day. I did reach up to 72 hours only once, I almost pass out. I wont try more than 3 days at this point since my bb seems connected with family genes, meaning no matter how long I fast I wont be cured with it. Sounds a bit negative, but I'm still doing it for detox benefits. Others may try intermittent fasting as baby steps. Keep going!
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Read this post about water fasting and it speaks about bad breath and when your breath will turn sweet.

https://wanderlustrevolution.org/2018/0 ... did-to-me/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic