Your Email Address:

First Name:

Sticky saliva

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
buddi
Junior

Sticky saliva

Post by buddi »

Hi guys,

I find my saliva sticky at times
Also when the BB problem initially started, when i brush my teeth and spit the foam,its really very sticky like a glue
The doctor says i have a dry mouth.
Any one had a similar experience?
I never had any dry lips and difficulty in swallowing though..

PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
cyberzero
Total Newbie
Re: Sticky saliva

Post by cyberzero »

Yes, mine too. If you are dehydrated, the tongue gets dry and the saliva tends to be sticky. Sipping water in small parts help improve the situation. But tired of this routine as it affects all my other works. Give this a try.
Inart

Post by Inart »

Yes, mine too. It is because of dry mouth. I have mild nasal congestion and post nasal drip most of the time which affects breathing.
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
H pylori positive treated successfully
Vit b12 normal
Vit d3 low treatment ongoing
Thyroid normal
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

Mine too! Even though i tongue scrape and do salt water rinses, everytime i spit it comes out stringy white. Can clog the sink drain.

I drink a ton of water too to keep my mouth from getting dry. I cant remember either if ive always had this, or it popped up when the halitosis began.
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Guys i feel 80% better after i started oil pulling and gargling with oil(virgin coconut oil)
Basically i found out that my tongue became dry..its exactly not dry mouth..i produce enough saliva .
As i kept telling in other posts , i think the dry tongue is due to finger sucking in sleep till my teens.
I have no other health issues at all..
I always wondered why my tongue was so different and why its catching so much bacteria.. its basically become dry n hence catching more bacteriaa..and we excessively scraping it and making it more dry..
After oil pulling, my brushing time, tongue scraping time , tongue coat reduced aswell.
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Inart

Post by Inart »

Hi @buddi, good to know that you are feeling better. Same problem I have. Salivation normal but tongue feels very dry and rough. And I feel mine is caused by mouth breathing due to pnd.
How is ur pnd after surgery? How many times you do the oiling pulling in day? For how long? Have u tried saliva subs like biotene?
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
Vit b12 normal
Thyroid normal
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

I think that tongue scraper is doing more harm than good. All my family don't use tongue scraper and they don't have any bad breath and some of them drink and smoke. I am the only one using tongue scraping after 5 years of using it, I started to notice that my tongue will have very strong odor. I am using it for 10 years now. I think to stop with that.
Inart

Post by Inart »

Gluten-free wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 pm I think that tongue scraper is doing more harm than good. All my family don't use tongue scraper and they don't have any bad breath and some of them drink and smoke. I am the only one using tongue scraping after 5 years of using it, I started to notice that my tongue will have very strong odor. I am using it for 10 years now. I think to stop with that.
True, that is also one thing I used to do but i have already stopped doing that.
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
Vit b12 normal
Thyroid normal
geonautica
Total Newbie

Post by geonautica »

Saliva is clear. You have biofilm from PND.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic