Your Email Address:

First Name:

36 years and finally some relief.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
j0123
Total Newbie
36 years and finally some relief.

Post by j0123 »

I will try to keep this short,
I have suffered from this bullshit for my entire life until approximately 6 weeks ago. Hallitosis is sad and debilitating. The depression was real and the doctors appointments were constant. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I will list some of what I've done to no avail and then I will tell you what has absolutely worked for me.
1.Palentine tonsils and adenoids removed. still have lingual tonsils.
2.Gallbladder removed
3.5 endoscopys, ulcers found and biopsy negative for hpylori ( I'm glad I didn't believe the negative test results)
4.Acid reflux prescription medication
5. Post nasal drip, prescription nasal sprays
6.3 dental cleanings a year
7.Celiac testing
AND a million other tests and things I've tried that just did not work etc,etc....

I was so ****ing fed up with all the lies from the Physicians. For example; "it's in your head I dont smell anything." Then you walk out of the Doctors office and the nurse that signs you out starts wiping her nose as you are answering her questions. Then you drive to the gas station with your friend in the car and you get the ole, "Did you fart?" This was my life for many years. It's almost laughable.

I did hours upon hours of research over the past 20 years and came to my own conclusion. I will tell you exactly what I did that reduced my hallitosis by 80%. We all have good and bad days that's why I'm only going with 80%.

First I found a Dr who would treat me for hpylori.
I was prescribed the medications I asked for and did my own dosages and times, based on some published studies from a few Japanese Physicians.

Now this regiment will not only knock out Hpylori it will also kill the bacteria that causes periodontitis and much more.

I am not a physician and I do not recommend anyone do what I did, I'm just relaying my story.

I followed the antibiotic therapy to the t and finished every damn pill. I had to do it exactly right or I would've failed.

Metronidazole 500mg 3 x daily for 14 days
Amoxicillin 250mg 4 x daily for 14 days
Protonix 40mg 2x daily for 14 days
Bismuth extra streangth 2 to 3 x daily for 14 days

Maintenance program:
I Eat Breakfast first thing in the morning and it's something healthy.
Use water pick 2xdailey
Sonicare Toothbrush Deep clean setting 2xdailey
Arm and hammer Toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide
Use toung scraper
Use Tung brush with hydrogen peroxide
Zyrtec 1xday
Prilosec 20mg 1xday
Drink 2 to 3 litres of water Daily

Diet:
No alcohol,No dairy,No Gluten,No Corn,No Soy,No legumes no processed sugar and very little red meat and pork. Alot of Fish, Chicken,Shrimp/Seafood, green vegatables blueberries and bananas. I Calmed down on the onions, garlic and coffee. I drink only cold brew coffee now; it's much less acidic.

Exercise:
Run at least 2 miles a day 6 days a week, weight train 40 mins a day 4 days a week. The goal is to sweat for at least an hour during a workout.

I dont know if it was the antibiotics or my change in diet and exercise but, I've been having great luck.
I've been off the antibiotics for six weeks and the bad shit taste in my mouth is still gone and I definitely see a huge reduction in the reactions from people when I'm speaking to them.

Thanks for reading I feel for all of you. Chronic hallitosis is a horrible curse! You will find what works for you. Don't ever give up.

winter
Sheriff

Re: 36 years and finally some relief.

Post by winter »

Have you tried Bismuth alone? Some people here have reported good results with that.
j0123
Total Newbie

Post by j0123 »

I haven't use the bismuth in 6 weeks and I am still experiencing relief from the Hallitosis.
j0123
Total Newbie

Post by j0123 »

I haven't use the bismuth in 6 weeks and I am still experiencing relief from the Hallitosis.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

j0123 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:36 am I will try to keep this short,
I have suffered from this bullshit for my entire life until approximately 6 weeks ago. Hallitosis is sad and debilitating. The depression was real and the doctors appointments were constant. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I will list some of what I've done to no avail and then I will tell you what has absolutely worked for me.
1.Palentine tonsils and adenoids removed. still have lingual tonsils.
2.Gallbladder removed
3.5 endoscopys, ulcers found and biopsy negative for hpylori ( I'm glad I didn't believe the negative test results)
4.Acid reflux prescription medication
5. Post nasal drip, prescription nasal sprays
6.3 dental cleanings a year
7.Celiac testing
AND a million other tests and things I've tried that just did not work etc,etc....

I was so ****ing fed up with all the lies from the Physicians. For example; "it's in your head I dont smell anything." Then you walk out of the Doctors office and the nurse that signs you out starts wiping her nose as you are answering her questions. Then you drive to the gas station with your friend in the car and you get the ole, "Did you fart?" This was my life for many years. It's almost laughable.

I did hours upon hours of research over the past 20 years and came to my own conclusion. I will tell you exactly what I did that reduced my hallitosis by 80%. We all have good and bad days that's why I'm only going with 80%.

First I found a Dr who would treat me for hpylori.
I was prescribed the medications I asked for and did my own dosages and times, based on some published studies from a few Japanese Physicians.

Now this regiment will not only knock out Hpylori it will also kill the bacteria that causes periodontitis and much more.

I am not a physician and I do not recommend anyone do what I did, I'm just relaying my story.

I followed the antibiotic therapy to the t and finished every damn pill. I had to do it exactly right or I would've failed.

Metronidazole 500mg 3 x daily for 14 days
Amoxicillin 250mg 4 x daily for 14 days
Protonix 40mg 2x daily for 14 days
Bismuth extra streangth 2 to 3 x daily for 14 days

Maintenance program:
I Eat Breakfast first thing in the morning and it's something healthy.
Use water pick 2xdailey
Sonicare Toothbrush Deep clean setting 2xdailey
Arm and hammer Toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide
Use toung scraper
Use Tung brush with hydrogen peroxide
Zyrtec 1xday
Prilosec 20mg 1xday
Drink 2 to 3 litres of water Daily

Diet:
No alcohol,No dairy,No Gluten,No Corn,No Soy,No legumes no processed sugar and very little red meat and pork. Alot of Fish, Chicken,Shrimp/Seafood, green vegatables blueberries and bananas. I Calmed down on the onions, garlic and coffee. I drink only cold brew coffee now; it's much less acidic.

Exercise:
Run at least 2 miles a day 6 days a week, weight train 40 mins a day 4 days a week. The goal is to sweat for at least an hour during a workout.

I dont know if it was the antibiotics or my change in diet and exercise but, I've been having great luck.
I've been off the antibiotics for six weeks and the bad shit taste in my mouth is still gone and I definitely see a huge reduction in the reactions from people when I'm speaking to them.

Thanks for reading I feel for all of you. Chronic hallitosis is a horrible curse! You will find what works for you. Don't ever give up.
Thanks for your post. I'am glad you have a relief from bb.

You are right about the physicians that lies to you and the nurse will robe their nose like crazy. It happened with me also, the same way. That is people. We can't do anything about it.

Your diet and life style is perfect like I am trying to do. But the bananas have a lot of sugar. When I eat bananas my breath smell awful.

You need to detox also, by doing water fast to detox the smell. Regular extended water fast will heal and detox your body. Read the book of Paul Bragg the Miracle of water fasting. I have a post on this site about it.

I am definitely convince that candida diet/keto diet with veggie and regular extended water fast, will heal us.
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

I’m so happy for you!!! Did ppl smell your BB through your nose? Also was this the first time you’ve been treated for h.pylori?
j0123
Total Newbie

Post by j0123 »

Yes, this was the first time I was treated for Hpylori. I never really asked if someone could smell my breath through my nose. I assume there was a smell, I would get reactions without speaking.
j0123
Total Newbie

Post by j0123 »

I will definitely try the water fasting. I've noticed my breath smells better in the morning after i eat gluten free oatmeal and fresh blueberries. Then i brush my teeth waterpik etc...
anxioushopeless
Total Newbie

Post by anxioushopeless »

j0123 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:09 pm I haven't use the bismuth in 6 weeks and I am still experiencing relief from the Hallitosis.

How do you use bismuth? And do you just buy pepto?
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

Hi j0, just one question - how long after your first dose did you start to feel relief? Specifically of the metronidazole and amoxicillin? I just got my hands on a huge supply of each and am going to try this out. Hoping to start sometime this week. I have an important social function to attend this week, and would like to time it correctly. Thank you.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

Stupid question: why is a maintenance program necessary if ultimately it was that bacteria that got killed by the antibiotic therapy that were causing bb?
bb free)
kim scott
Total Newbie

Post by kim scott »

Hi jo, i have a question about your bb used to.
Did the smell of your bb getting strength when u feel hot or the weather is hot or when u eat a hot or spicy food ?
Please reply
I have this bb for ten years, n i have the condition like what i said above
JOHN DOE
Total Newbie

Post by JOHN DOE »

terranpatriot wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:35 pm Hi j0, just one question - how long after your first dose did you start to feel relief? Specifically of the metronidazole and amoxicillin? I just got my hands on a huge supply of each and am going to try this out. Hoping to start sometime this week. I have an important social function to attend this week, and would like to time it correctly. Thank you.

Hi, Please how did you manage to get the medication cos i would like to get them myself. did you get them online? thank you
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

JOHN DOE wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:43 pm
terranpatriot wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:35 pm Hi j0, just one question - how long after your first dose did you start to feel relief? Specifically of the metronidazole and amoxicillin? I just got my hands on a huge supply of each and am going to try this out. Hoping to start sometime this week. I have an important social function to attend this week, and would like to time it correctly. Thank you.

Hi, Please how did you manage to get the medication cos i would like to get them myself. did you get them online? thank you
I got them from another country when I was on travel. I was visiting Italy and able to buy them there without a prescription at the Pharmacia, and bring them back with me to my home country.

Just an update - the metronidazole didn't seem to do anything on my end. The amoxicillin did provide a lot of relief for several hours, but did not get rid of the bad breath entirely...just reduced it temporarily by 80-90% when I was on it. When it wore off, it came back 100%. I still suffered from dry mouth while I was on the antibiotics, so I think that allowed the bacteria to remain and also grow back fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic