Your Email Address:

First Name:

UPDATE AFTER NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
uxman
UPDATE AFTER NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION

Post by uxman »

I had a nissen fundoplication surgery for my bad breath which seems to come from the nose only. My mouth doesn't smell when I talk. Prior to the surgery, I had some abdominal aches, and after a third endoscopy with a different doctor, the doctor diagnoses me of GERD and a Haitus Hernia. Knowing how bad the foul smell from my nose is, I went with the option of having nissen fundoplication surgery. The surgery was a success. Although it took away some little abdominal symptoms, my breath is still the same. My doctors think the smell is not abdominal because after all the drugs and treatment, nothing has reduced it. They said if it is a stomach problem, my mouth should smell too. They sent me for a ct of the chest yesterday, and the results are good. I have a nasal endoscopy tomorrow and if it is also good, they will send me to neurology. They said bad breath can also be caused by neurological conditions.
I have a family friend who developed a bad breath from the mouth after he was involved in an accident. The doctor's treated him with some antidepressants, and that cured him.
I have tried so many drugs and no improvement. I hope to go with the flow of the doctor's and see where it leads me.
I will keep you all posted on my situation. Have a great day.

winter
Sheriff

Re: UPDATE AFTER NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION

Post by winter »

Did the family friend really have bad breath and was cured by the anti depressant? Did he have depression too?

Where are you from? Your doctor seems willing to issue tests to look for the cause.
uxman

Post by uxman »

The friend really had a smelly mouth. After all the tests, the doctor didn't find anything wrong with him and gave him the antidepressants. He didn't have depression but the doctor explained that it could be the fear that caused it.
I'm based in cyprus. My doctor may be willing, but it doesn't come cheap.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

uxman wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:30 pm
I have a family friend who developed a bad breath from the mouth after he was involved in an accident. The doctor's treated him with some antidepressants, and that cured him.
sure thing.
bb free)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic