Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finally...a cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Magnamax

Finally...a cure

Post by Magnamax »

Hi guys,

Hopefully this will be my last thread on here and I just wanted to give you an update on my situation.

A little recap of my story:
- my bb journey started 6-7 years ago and at the time it was manageable since it was only from the mouth but then after 1-2 years, I had nasal bb and it literally destroyed my social life and it kept getting worse. The nasal bb smelled like poop and it would fill a room. I also had a very foul smelling stool no matter what I ate. It smelled like death.
- I saw a doctor and was prescribed some antibiotics and nasal spray which didn't help
- started googling stuff tried Jarrow Formulas probiotics and I had a relief for a week or so and thought I was cured but it came back after a while
- went to ENT doctor and was told that I had no issues, no sinus problems or any infection
-tried different kinds of probiotics: fish oil, oregano oil, mystic gum, now foods oralbiotic, pro dental oral pro biotic...and many more
- saw a doc again and was tested for celiac disease and the tests came back negative so I was told I had no gluten intolerance
- saw a gastroenterologist and had enoscopy, flouroscopy, CT scan of the sinuses and was diagnosed with h pylori infection and prescribed more antibiotics. The smell went away while I was on antibiotics and returned later
- I tried vegetarian diet for a week or 2 and no improvements
- researching more found an article that talks about SIBO as a possible cause of BB and tried multiple natural remedies to treat SIBO but nothing worked so got a prescription but again it didn't do anything.

Finally, I gave up and was just hopeless since I have literally tried everything suggested by the doctor or on this forum. Then, I read about how people could still have gluten intolerance even if they test negative for celiac disease so I decided to go on a gluten free diet and to my surprise it worked.
First few days I could still smell the bad breath but after day 5 or so it was completely gone and I did nasal irrigation to clear the mucus smell that was coming from my nose. The foul smell from the stool stopped and I also had skin issues and those started to clear up. Thank God, I felt like a normal person for the first time in years.

This might not be the cure for everyone but that was all I did. Right now I'm taking Nature's bounty probiotic which I started before going gluten free and it didn't help at all at the time but I just kept taking it after the cure. I'm not on a strict gluten-free diet in which I have my own silverware for cooking or trying to avoid any cross contamination but simply just not eating any food that has gluten.

That's all guys and I hope everyone finds a cure.

KL123
Sheriff
Re: Finally...a cure

Post by KL123 »

Good that something is providing relief to you.

Did you do a few saliva tests during different times of the day?
Magnamax

Post by Magnamax »

@KL123 if you meant licking my wrist and smelling it, yes I have done that and there is no smell unless I don't use a mouthwash in the morning.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Magnamax wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 pm @KL123 if you meant licking my wrist and smelling it, yes I have done that and there is no smell unless I don't use a mouthwash in the morning.
That's pretty good then.
Thanks for this info. I will keep it in my and will give it a shot.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Hello magnamax, did you have any other symptoms aside from the bb? Did you have constant clear mucus in throat too?
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

Hi.
Anyone from the Philippines?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic