Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jaim618

Re: Murat Aydin

Post by Jaim618 »

aydinmur wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:29 am You asked Type 4 halitosis but it is rare.
Recent years, I have often seen Type 1, Type 5, or Type 1+5 cases.
Reason of Type 1 cases usually soft brush or soft brushing, gingival bleeding, lack of tongue cleaning, short duration for brushing, tongue scraping,
Reason of type 5 neurogenic halitosis is usually chemosensor dysfumctions (especially with young people)
I dont know season of type 5 psychogenic halitosis that is usually appear as social phobia, obsession or delussion forms.
-Murat
I definitely have it. I brush 4 times a day and floss. It runs in my family. Several of us have it

KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

I definitely have it. I brush 4 times a day and floss. It runs in my family. Several of us have it
Same here. Keeping excellent dental hygiene but to no avail when it comes to chronic halitosis.
Mine gets worse with exercise, running, workout etc.

It's in the family. A few of us have it and we don't talk about it, but we all know we have it.
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

KL123 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 pm
Same here. Keeping excellent dental hygiene but to no avail when it comes to chronic halitosis.
Mine gets worse with exercise, running, workout etc.

It's in the family. A few of us have it and we don't talk about it, but we all know we have it.
Same here lol
Mine just sucks all day long no matter what activities I do.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Dear KL123, Type 4 halitosis usually decreases or disappears with physically exercise, running, workout etc. except hypercolesterolemia
-Murat
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

aydinmur wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:53 am Dear KL123, Type 4 halitosis usually decreases or disappears with physically exercise, running, workout etc. except hypercolesterolemia
-Murat
My breath is the same all day everyday, no matter what I do. I’ve tried bleach, prescription mouthwash, had a endoscopy, colonoscopy, been to and ENT, Allergist, many dentists whom all say my mouth from a dental standpoint is fine. I floss twice a day and brush 4 times a day, each time I brush my tongue as well. Everyone sends me to someone else. My problem has to be genetic. My father, uncle, son and niece have it. Just looking to alleviate it as best I can.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Jaim618 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:53 am
aydinmur wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:53 am Dear KL123, Type 4 halitosis usually decreases or disappears with physically exercise, running, workout etc. except hypercolesterolemia
-Murat
My breath is the same all day everyday, no matter what I do. I’ve tried bleach, prescription mouthwash, had a endoscopy, colonoscopy, been to and ENT, Allergist, many dentists whom all say my mouth from a dental standpoint is fine. I floss twice a day and brush 4 times a day, each time I brush my tongue as well. Everyone sends me to someone else. My problem has to be genetic. My father, uncle, son and niece have it. Just looking to alleviate it as best I can.
Yep, looks like a genetic disorder. We are in the same boat it seems.
As I posted the study link here. It was done patients who have family members with chronic halitosis

https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/
Celine

Post by Celine »

So there is no cure?
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

Hi Murar Aydin

Iam from Philippines. I think we have the same problem, i think its genetic. I also brush my teeth and tongue 4 times a day but the smell of my breath is the same all day. Other people smell even iam 3 meters away from them. I got so depressed with this problem and tried everything just to eliminate it. I already went to ENT, gastrointerologist, have endoscopy but its all useless. Nothing happened. I really don't know what to do now. I lose hope.
IrishSkippy
Total Newbie

Post by IrishSkippy »

Hi Murat,

It’s all been massively informative reading you post and I would appreciate some advice.

Have been suffering from as bad Breath for over 5 years started when was 23 and 28 now.

Had everything done, Deviated Septum surgery, Tonsil Surgery and wisdom teeth remover apart from one that was cut in half but is under the skin.

Recently had my second Endoscopy (first one was when symptoms first started) A hiatus hernia was apparent in the second one. I am taking Lansoprazole 40mg but feel it is making it worse particularly my nasal bb as it is even noticeable to me now.

Don’t really have extreme GERD symptoms but do feel food coming up my throat after eating sometimes.

Have smoked for year since I was 12 but quit over a year ago.

I am thinking I have a weak LES and I am considering a Laroscopic surgery.

Do you think this could solve my problems?
aydinmur
God

Gases resolve in the saliva

Post by aydinmur »

Oral malodorous gases are produced on mucosal surfaces. They are resolved in saliva. At this stage, saliva has bad odor but the mouth has not.
At this stage, Wrist licking test gives false positive results.

When saliva saturated, gases reach to oral air. So that, Type 1 halitosis begins. I have prepared an animastion for you. https://youtu.be/wvY09apjv-4
-Murat Aydın
KL123
Sheriff
Re: Gases resolve in the saliva

Post by KL123 »

aydinmur wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 pm Oral malodorous gases are produced on mucosal surfaces. They are resolved in saliva. At this stage, saliva has bad odor but the mouth has not.

When saliva saturated, gases reach to oral air. So that, Type 1 halitosis begins. I have prepared an animastion for you. https://youtu.be/wvY09apjv-4
-Murat Aydın
Thank you for this video.
Even though, the captions look like in the Turkish Language, we got the idea with the animation.

The question is, how do we reduce this over creation of this stinky bacteria so that it's quantity remains very low in production?

Also, what causes the over growth of this bad bacteria in some people, while it's not a problem for other people?
bozo
Junior
Re: Gases resolve in the saliva

Post by bozo »

aydinmur wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 pm Oral malodorous gases are produced on mucosal surfaces. They are resolved in saliva. At this stage, saliva has bad odor but the mouth has not.

-Murat Aydın
I belive it works like this.

1.For some the saliva flow is so good they flush the bacteria away before it reaches BB levels. They can have white tounge and tonsilstones and no BB.
2.For some the saliva gets trapped in the tonsils/tounge cavities or maybe epiglotis is shaped in a way that saliva flow can not flush the old saliva away, meaning high levels of bacteria and BB.

Is there no understanding of the underlying cause of the bacteria overgrowth? it should be the same causing tonsilstones.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

Hello Dr,
i have a question.. is there a correlation between bacteria in the mouth and bacteria in the gut?
so when you treat dysbiosis in gut, it automatically changes oral microbiome? is it possible?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

nolab wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pmis there a correlation between bacteria in the mouth and bacteria in the gut? so when you treat dysbiosis in gut, it automatically changes oral microbiome? is it possible?
Thank you for the question
Most oral species are same with intestinal bacteria or a member of similar familes. When gut microbiota changed, oral microbiota is not affected from this or minimally affected.
- Murat Aydın
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

aydinmur wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm
nolab wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pmis there a correlation between bacteria in the mouth and bacteria in the gut? so when you treat dysbiosis in gut, it automatically changes oral microbiome? is it possible?
Thank you for the question
Most oral species are same with intestinal bacteria or a member of similar familes. When gut microbiota changed, oral microbiota is not affected from this or minimally affected.
- Murat Aydın
thank you very much or answering. if u don't mind I got a second question..
which type of halitosis increase with physical exercise or anxiety? does stomach/sibo related halitosis increase with physical activity?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic