Your Email Address:

First Name:

Discovered my right tonsil stinks after 1 year of no symptoms.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Rhino123
Discovered my right tonsil stinks after 1 year of no symptoms.

Post by Rhino123 »

Today is a massive day for me, i don't know what to think.

After about 1 year of not knowing whats causing my chronic bad breath, I discovered today that my right tonsil stinks badly.

Now when I first starting searching for the cause of my chronic bad breath I of course checked both my tonsils with my finger and smelt it and for about a year it has never smelt bad. I have never ever had tonsil stones and my tonsils have always looked normal and smelt normal (checked using my finger). Although, my right tonsil is not that visible (it looks shrunken) compared to my left tonsil which is very clear to see.

After eating dinner today, 5 minutes later my breath started smelling bad and out of frustration i locked myself in the bathroom and told myself I'm going to look at everything inside my mouth with my phone's torch. I have done this many times before and never spotted anything. So i shine it deep into my right tonsil and on the upper area i spot what looks like a tonsil stone about the size of a half a grain of rice, also the area looks pink but with a very slight grey/white/yellow hue to it. So i stick my finger in there and smell it, bingo! It stinks like rotting fish.

Having actively searching for the cause for around a year and having excellent oral hygiene, no known health problems and also its been almost a month since i took out my 2 upper impacted wisdom teeth in order to help my problem which by the way hasn't changed anything so far...I am definitely feeling a sense of relief at this discovery.

Next step is to go to my GP.

space
Advanced

Re: Discovered my right tonsil stinks after 1 year of no symptoms.

Post by space »

Thanks for the update Rhino, so the wisdom teeth surgery of yours did nothing much. I hope mine will have a difference, since my floss smell when flossing molar area, lower molar area smells fecal-y when I stick my tongue and then quickly release, can also smell what Cured describe as the stink/aerosol-like smell after someone sneezed. Checked my tonsils, and I also have this tiny white formation there, can you get your little stones out? I dont think I can squeeze mine, might try acv to dissolve it.
Rhino123

Post by Rhino123 »

space wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 am Thanks for the update Rhino, so the wisdom teeth surgery of yours did nothing much. I hope mine will have a difference, since my floss smell when flossing molar area, lower molar area smells fecal-y when I stick my tongue and then quickly release, can also smell what Cured describe as the stink/aerosol-like smell after someone sneezed. Checked my tonsils, and I also have this tiny white formation there, can you get your little stones out? I dont think I can squeeze mine, might try acv to dissolve it.
Hi space, yes I've felt like the wisdom teeth extraction did nothing for me, although atleast i don't have to worry about flossing that area anymore since it's gone.

From your descriptions it seems likely that your wisdom teeth is contributing towards your bad breath, either 100% causing it or definitely contributing towards it. So definitely go for all the wisdom teeth extraction, I told my dentist I'm getting pain at night from my wisdom teeth (which was a lie but said it to help my chances of getting the extraction), along with it being very difficult to clean and a constant bad taste in my mouth, which was true.

I couldnt remove the tonsil stone i saw last night because it was too deep but i checked it an hour later and it was gone however i did the finger test and it still smelt bad. I also saw more yellow lines deep inside.

I'm also following cured guideline but i think one should get their impacted wisdom teeth removed first, wait 1 to 3 months and if nothing changed, then go for a tonsilectony and ask the doc to check their adenoids too while they're down there.

Best of luck!!
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

just about to hit the 100,000 thread on tonsils. kudos
bb free)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic