Your Email Address:

First Name:

Age 11.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gotshot26
Master
Age 11.

Post by gotshot26 »

I've been on this forum for 15 years, and the one constant thing i've read is that most people developed bad breath around this age. Say age 10, 11, 12.

What is so special about this age that we all get bad breath around this time in our life. Does that mean it is not brought about by antibiotics and is hereditary? My dad has it too. I'm afraid my kids will also.

For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
JennyMiller
Total Newbie
Re: Age 11.

Post by JennyMiller »

I notice my bad breath when i was 2nd year in high school my classmates tell i have halitosis, but i dont know the date when my bad breath starts. Hmm i think highschool is when we are more concious so we notice in that age? Sorry for my bad english.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

gotshot26 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:43 pm I've been on this forum for 15 years, and the one constant thing i've read is that most people developed bad breath around this age. Say age 10, 11, 12.

What is so special about this age that we all get bad breath around this time in our life. Does that mean it is not brought about by antibiotics and is hereditary? My dad has it too. I'm afraid my kids will also.
Probably some sort of hormonal changes that usually start to happen in this age group, and I guess that's when the genetic mutation in human gene SELENBP1 surfaces it's ugly head.

https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/

It runs in my family too and I gave it to my kids.
If I knew this before, I would NEVER, EVER had kids. NEVER!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so your kids have bb too? In my family I am the only one who has bb, but I have no kids
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
jayline502
Total Newbie

Post by jayline502 »

Same I’m the only in my family in the only one that has bb sadly
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

I am one of four kids. I am the only one that has it.

I have no kids but not sure I want them if they get this curse.

As for SELENBP1: I've researched that before but ruled it out.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Jimi Stein wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm so your kids have bb too? In my family I am the only one who has bb, but I have no kids
Yeah dude, this is the BIGGEST and most MISERABLE dilemma of my fukking life.
I passed it on to my kids. GOD, only If I knew it before!

They get bullied in school.They get humiliating remarks and mean comments from other kids, with no fault of their own.

Their innocent minds are tortured and shocked. They brush the fukking blood out of their teeth every morning and every night. They are confused and don't understand how to fix this shit?

Everything is a temporary relief, so they do all the tongue scrapping, and mouth washing and flossing and keeping the chewing gum handy, and whatever the fukking shit that's out there to achieve that excellent so called "dental hygiene". They don't know why are they different from other kids? And the other kids in school these days are mean and brutal. Fukking bastards.

And then it's awful to directly talk about bb with my kids; however, I do give them hints and tips as to how to counter it.

This is just all so FUKKED UP!
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

That is around puberty age.

I had a bad diet and I didn't drink water back then. I don't think I had BB. I think mine only started around late teens, and became persistent and unbearable in my mid twenties.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

KL123 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Jimi Stein wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm so your kids have bb too? In my family I am the only one who has bb, but I have no kids

They get bullied in school.They get humiliating remarks and mean comments from other kids, with no fault of their own.

Their innocent minds are tortured and shocked. They brush the fukking blood out of their teeth every morning and every night. They are confused and don't understand how to fix this shit?

Everything is a temporary relief, so they do all the tongue scrapping, and mouth washing and flossing and keeping the chewing gum handy, and whatever the fukking shit that's out there to achieve that excellent so called "dental hygiene". They don't know why are they different from other kids? And the other kids in school these days are mean and brutal. Fukking bastards.

And then it's awful to directly talk about bb with my kids; however, I do give them hints and tips as to how to counter it.

I am really sorry, that is why I dont want kids, it is a miserable life....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Could you please tell me what age you noticed they first had bad breath? This would be useful to me.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

gotshot26 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:20 am

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Could you please tell me what age you noticed they first had bad breath? This would be useful to me.
Around 9 or 10 years old.
Gelonaxy

Post by Gelonaxy »

Around 16-17.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

and yet you couldn't get yourself tested for SELEN because?
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:02 am

and yet you couldn't get yourself tested for SELEN because?
The only testing facility is located in Netherlands where this research is being carried out.

The process is to get an appointment with a local Dr. that they recommend. I think it's a dental office located somewhere in Nejiemgen, Netherlands. They will do their shit to find out the cause of BB, and if they feel you are a good candidate of SELEN testing, they will recommend you to the research program at the Radboud University.

The Selen testing costs 760 euros which is not a problem. Taking time off from work, and travelling to Netherlands and getting all that done is a challenge, especially in these corona times.
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

Hi KL

Thanks for sharing. I somehow got lucky and found my wife that doesn’t get bother by my issue so much even though she reacts. I am in the process of making a baby and have really been deep thinking weather it’s a good idea having a child that could potentially have bb. It would be a brutal life for them and i would be helpless. I was trying to research dominant/recessive genetic traits and pray the children would not get affected as my
Wife does not suffer. What are your thoughts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic