Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maybe Cured, but early days yet

Tell us your story with bad breath
Newdays
Total Newbie
Maybe Cured, but early days yet

Post by Newdays »

I have had bad breath on and off for many years, but around 6 months ago after running out of toothpaste I decided to brush my teeth with liquid soap, apart from the gross soap taste my teeth felt really nice and clean, but there was a strange taste that never seemed to ho away, and there was the start of my chronic bb, nothing that i did would make it better, lots of brushing, flossing, mouthwash, and medical mouthwash would only mask it for a short while, and then it returned almost right away. The mouthwash definitely made it worse, like the bacteria that was causing the problems was resistant and the good bacteria was expelled forever.

My wife always complained of my bb and it made me incredibly paranoid about it, probably with good reason. I tried everything, and was over brushing way too many times a day, and I am sure this has worn my teeth enamel terribly.

I tried everything, changing my diet, drinking herb tea and every other food that might have helped get the bacterial balance in my mouth back on track, i even cut out sugar completely (as much as its possible with everything being at least low in sugar) nothing worked. I started coming across some of these forum posts while searching for solutions and came across the diluted bleach thread. I thought that I would give it a try.

Fist mouth rince at 30-1 ratio, absolutely horrible, it felt way too strong and couldn't get the taste out of my mouth after even when rinsing out with water after. That was kind of nerve racking, I opted for chewing gum to try and get rid of the taste, kinda worked. But after I felt that my mouth was different, like that stubborn bacteria had been killed off, and apart from a bit of bleach smell the bb had completely gone. (I had been suffering from gas sulphur smell more than anything).

In subsequent days I have reduced the concentration to around 1-60 do half the concentration of the original rinse, and its much easier to put up with.

Now I have no bleeding of the gums at all while brushing which was fairly common for me before, and no sensitivity while brushing which is comforting. I have found out that it only works well if you have good oral hygiene in general, being well flossed and no food residue trapped between teeth at all. I am aiming for a bleach concentration in the future just slightly above swimming pool type concentration to minimize any teeth or health risks.

So far its working great, but I am experimenting to find the lowest concentration that I can get away with. I am aware that I need to be on the lookout for problems, and I hope in the future to cut it down to a very low concentration and only once or twice a week, also trying to re-introduce good bacteria again for a permanent solution I am planning to look into.

Its been around a week now doing this method, and so far so good, im going to drop it down to once every 2 days from now yo see how I get on.

optimismishere
Junior
Re: Maybe Cured, but early days yet

Post by optimismishere »

Any update on this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic