Your Email Address:

First Name:

TMAU Halitosis???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
worriedmom
Total Newbie

TMAU Halitosis???

Post by worriedmom »

I am sure this has been asked or talked about before but does anyone have any insight on whether some forms of halitosis is a variation of TMAU that affects the breath only? In my case, the rest of my body hygiene is normal. I don't produce any pungent odors any where else other than my mouth. Just wondering if TMAU could be the culprit. Honestly my bad breath is so hard to figure out. It has a genetic component for sure because my mother, grandfather and 2 of my kids have it. Interestingly, my youngest son's halitosis completely vanishes periodically and when he exhales there is a really fresh neutral scent. I also noticed that my breath that comes from deep in the lungs is also neutral, so I don't think there is a gut or lung problem. The smell seems to originate from the throat area. I don't know. I honestly just feel so angry to be afflicted with this. I started rinsing with bleach today so hopefully I will have some good results. My mouth definitely feels cleaner and doesn't taste as nasty like it normally does.

worriedmom
Total Newbie

Re: TMAU Halitosis???

Post by worriedmom »

Well guys today was my first day trying the diluted bleach rinse and I must say I'm impressed. I feel like my breath is about 75% more neutral/fresh. If today is any indication of what this rinse will do for my breath long term, than I feel like a happy camper. I will continue using the rinse daily and report back how it's going. With my breath being so much better after this rinse, now I'm starting to go back to my original theory...bad bacteria and not enough of the good stuff. And perhaps that can be or is hereditary in my case. Maybe my body (and my relatives who suffer) are deficient in the bacterias that neutralizes the stinky stuff. And this makes sense because I noticed whenever I am romantically involved and regularly tongue kiss, my breath isnt as bad...meaning the tongue kissing is passing on their good bacteria to me.
All these theories and thinking and wondering. Just wish it could be figured out and cured already.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic