Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath & lump in my throat. Tonsil stones or acid reflux?

Tell us your story with bad breath
ImTrying88
Total Newbie

Bad Breath & lump in my throat. Tonsil stones or acid reflux?

Post by ImTrying88 »

I realised I was suffering from bad breath January 2018, at the time I was studying abroad and couldn’t get the help I needed, so I fell into depression. May 2018, I went to the doctor, they found I was positive with h-pylori and whilst on the antibiotic treatment my bad breath completely disappeared. But then it came back. After that I tried different kinds of nasal sprays, oil pulling, gargling apple cider vinegar, gargling with salt water and any kinda “bad odour” mouthwash. Through research I also found that I have tonsil stones, when I started removing them they created bigger holes on my tonsils.

Im stuck, my symptoms are a feeling of a lump in my throat and bad breath. Sometimes I don’t think my breath is that bad because I don’t see a reaction on people’s face but for the most part I get a reaction and it’s utterly humiliating. Especially when I’m drinking alcohol, my breath is so bad after two sips.

When I go to ent, they tell me everything’s fine, when I am put on anti acid/ppi (which I am on now) I don’t see any difference. I’m stuck and I don’t know what to try next. If anyone has the same experience I would love to know what you’re doing.

KL123
Sheriff
Re: Bad Breath & lump in my throat. Tonsil stones or acid reflux?

Post by KL123 »

So there is no tonsil stones?
ImTrying88
Total Newbie

Re: Bad Breath & lump in my throat. Tonsil stones or acid reflux?

Post by ImTrying88 »

I still get them but I don’t try to take them out anymore for I just gargle and hope that helps
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic