Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hypothesis : most have intra oral Bad Breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KL123
Sheriff
Re: Hypothesis : most have intra oral Bad Breath.

Post by KL123 »

quxville1993 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7610269/

Explanation below keep reading.

I find it very difficult to understand where my breath is coming from, but I have coated tongue, which coats within hours after eating, and post nasal drip (weird enlarged lymph nose on right side of neck).

When we have cultures done for bacteria in our mouth some bacteria are simply not culturable (above link). This is why we get results back saying there is nothing wrong from cultures.

Solobacterium Moorei has been associated with halitosis in many studies, one study found that the bacteria was present in all the participant halitosis patients. In the above example it is made very clear that Solobacterium Moorei, is very difficult to be cultured.

I've had PCR testing done previously which has identified Solobacterium Moorei in my mouth. Whereas a normal culture yielded nothing.

Now here's where it gets interesting Solobacterium Moorei, with other species such as Fusobacterium Nucleatum and Tannerella Forsythia, is a strong producer of Hydrogen Sulphide (if anyone wants to the study I'll link). Ive had test via Oral Chromatography and this has revealed my Hydrogen Sulphide breath sample as 300pbb...whrre the odor threshold is 80pbb..

Now its likely there are numerous bacterial species involved in this but I find the link very plausible. I'm not saying Solobacterium Moorei is definitely the culprit but this in connection with numerous other species would not surprise me (rmemeber there are billions of bacteria in the mouth and I believe 400+species in the mouth so its beyond complex).

A lot of people experience relief with antibiotics which is a pretty clear suggestion that the cause is of bacterial origin. And those for whom antibiotics do not work suggest the implicated bacteria are resistant.

I also read in a blood borne halitosis study that Hydrogen Sulphide and a methyl mercaptan are not stable in the blood, so my readings potentially rule out this origin (although I stress "potentially")

Also I don't ever remember before I had this bullshit problem that I had to brush my tongue to remove the coating or the post nasal drip. However regardless, in the article it explicitly mentions that you can have bad breath without a tongue coating. All the fingers point to an Oral or Tonsillar/Pharyngeal origin.

It coul
For the bold underline part above, I am sure you have read about this study,
https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/

And from here, perhaps you should get a test to measure "Methanethiol and dimethyl sulphide" in your blood?

Not sure if such a test is even available?
Widely distributed defect in metabolism.

Wevers and Op den Camp investigated the breath, blood and urine of these patients, and found an increased amount of methanethiol and dimethyl sulphide. Wevers: “That was a direct clue that in these patients’ metabolism an error occurs, leading to the accumulation of four sulphur compounds, including methanethiol, in their blood. Methanethiol and dimethyl sulphide are extremely volatile and are thus easily exhaled via the lungs. Because we had now identified the human protein converting methanethiol, SELENBP1, we looked at these patients’ DNA. We found they all had mutations in the gene SELENBP1.”

Gelonaxy

Post by Gelonaxy »

That's interesting!
I have got a swollen lymph node too. On the left side + post nasal drip.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

KL did u get DNA tested as you intended to?
bb free)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic