Your Email Address:

First Name:

lost for ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
petalpetal

Re: lost for ideas

Post by petalpetal »

thank you. yes, i am not sure what it will do as i dont have *obvious* acid reflux symptons....apart from bb

gcnc88
Total Newbie

Post by gcnc88 »

Freshhope wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm My sibo test was negative but I registered a peak in lactulose h2 of 130 ppm I haven’t seen any results online that high I dunno if it’s linked to bb
I had the SIBO test done a few months ago and while my hydrogen reading was low/normal, the methane reading was very high at 98 ppm. Person doing the test said they'd only seen one other methane reading that high. This surely must be linked to my chronic bad breath?
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

gcnc88 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:13 pm
Freshhope wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm My sibo test was negative but I registered a peak in lactulose h2 of 130 ppm I haven’t seen any results online that high I dunno if it’s linked to bb
I had the SIBO test done a few months ago and while my hydrogen reading was low/normal, the methane reading was very high at 98 ppm. Person doing the test said they'd only seen one other methane reading that high. This surely must be linked to my chronic bad breath?
That’s so weird cause my methane levels only went to 12... from my reading I figure you have dominate methonogens
bacteria producing the ch4 (Methane) which is odourless ... maybe you have more of an oral issue rather than a gut issue. I’m just guessing though someone correct me if I’m
Wrong, thanks for sharing your results it gives me some
Perspective , I think like anything these results can be interpreted any which way ...
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

Just wanted to add this exert from a study I was reading... a lot of people are curious on here why we develop halitosis and certain ages around puberty time. I don’t think ch4 is the cause but it’s interesting how we develop different levels of gas production in our gut at various ages... food for though

CH4 is never detected in children until 3 years of age. As age increases, so does CH4 production until age 10 when the adult distribution is reached [17]. In a study of pediatric CH4 production, breath CH4 was analyzed in 393 healthy subjects in the Tel-Aviv area from infancy to 59 years old [19]. Similar to findings of the previous study, CH4 pro- duction started at 3 years old and averaged 6.4% of 3 and 4 year olds. However, it increased considerably between ages 4 and 8 and then remained stable around 18% until age 14. From age 14 on, the incidence of CH4 production increased sharply to reach that of the adult population (49.4%). Also notable in this study is that in the adolescent and adult groups, significantly more females than males produced CH4
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

My doctor at hospital had prescribed me omeprazole for acid suppression as he suspected silent acid reflux- I never get acid reflux symptoms except the constant bad taste in mouth

I’ve been on the medication two days and it gives me strong burning sensation, worse bb (sucrose in tablets?) and foggy feeling- this is giving me the symptoms it’s supposed to releieve...

I guess that means it is not silent reflux in my
case?
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

is it the sucrose in the omeprazole that is making my breath worse? i have had sibo before and did not fully resolve, and my doctor said to look at that after, but i imagine the sucrose in the tablets is aggresvating sibo symptons? feel so drozy and bb is worse on these tablets
Whynot
Total Newbie

Post by Whynot »

petalpetal wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm is it the sucrose in the omeprazole that is making my breath worse? i have had sibo before and did not fully resolve, and my doctor said to look at that after, but i imagine the sucrose in the tablets is aggresvating sibo symptons? feel so drozy and bb is worse on these tablets
Do you have low or high stomach acid?
In my case,omeprazole only made it worse because I have low stomach acid.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

i said to my doctor maybe low stomach acid, he dismissed it and said that is not really a 'thing' and has just become popular online and circulates in blogs so people think its a thing.

i dont think he really listened to that, and seemed to ignore it too quickly... surely its a thing...
Whynot
Total Newbie

Post by Whynot »

petalpetal wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:01 pm i said to my doctor maybe low stomach acid, he dismissed it and said that is not really a 'thing' and has just become popular online and circulates in blogs so people think its a thing.

i dont think he really listened to that, and seemed to ignore it too quickly... surely its a thing...

Its better to do the gastroscopy where they could see if you have low or high stomach acid or the ph esophageal test.If you can't have it-check it yourself by using Betaine HCL.
Your SIBO can be caused by low stomach acid,you should definitely read some info about it.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

thank you- i feel i am at the mercy of my doctor and having to go through process of elimination with him.
i had originally thought low stomach acid, because always getting sick/weak immune system + other low symptoms, not high stomach acid. is difficult to convince a professional otherwise. i can only tell him i am not responding well to his direction/ medication.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

so my doctor has prescribed me medication for sibo, followed by probiotics and low fodmap diet

i am very nervous to start this witohut knowing underlying causes

i feel its low stomach acid- as that feels like one of the few things left i have not looked at. i have tried the baking soda test 3 times and havent burped....i know this is probably unreliable but feel its the only thing i go on

am nervous to take a load of meds and then relapse with sibo still recurring. i have heard form ppl low fodmap can be more harmful ...
roam1

Post by roam1 »

i lost access to my petalpetal account as i deleted that email. i have posted another topic, if anyone has any experience using hcl/ enzymes would be really keen to know, as internet is like a bog. my sibo is still uncured as doctor cannot accesss the meds yet. that doctor was adament that that would cure it, not addressing or believing any underlying cause. so i feel i have to do moreinvestigations myself. his assistant said just use probioics without the meds- this is very different ot what he said.
getting veyr confused/frustrated- also no money, so angry that are giving conflicting advice, all of which has finaicial implications.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.
Hello gotshot26, could you please tell me more about the antibiotics course, dosage, length etc thanks. Also, years ago you planned doing an FMT, did you ever go through with it?
roam1

Post by roam1 »

it seems theresa wave of celery juice obsessives, i guess i'll have to try that as no other response
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Dead wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm
gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.
Hello gotshot26, could you please tell me more about the antibiotics course, dosage, length etc thanks. Also, years ago you planned doing an FMT, did you ever go through with it?
Hi Dead,

Never went through with the FMT. After research I found this wasn't the correct route for me.

I am cured from bad breath.

After the anti-biotics I was able to adjust my diet where I reduced carbohydrates and I hardly ever have bad breath anymore.

I take Oral Probiotics from Chemist Warehouse (you can google the australian site) when I go out. These are different to the ones from Blis as Blis K12 only contain Streptoccocus while these contain Strep. plus a whole bunch of others and are half the price.

Life is so different for me now and I actually logged on to delete me account as I feel this is all behind me now. I suffered from 11 years old and cured it at 27. I see reactions so much less - 90% less on a bad day - but most days none at all.

The course was 2 weeks long. I through out the packets and that but if you google Rifaximin + Neomycin it is a very popular combination. I think 400mg Rifaxamin three times a day and Neomycin two times per day (can't remember the dosage). They cost me two or three hundred dollars. You have to go to a compound pharmacist.

I won't delete my account until I see you respond if you have more questions.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic