Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finally BB Free!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HopefulOne
Advanced

Re: Finally BB Free!!!

Post by HopefulOne »

Emanuela hoxha wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 pm Hello first of all i am so happy for you ,you mentioned thera breath , i had tried it and it made my bb worst like really bad , i dont know if its for the fact that the product contains zinc because i have tried zinc before in supplements and gave me nausea and very bb , i dont know if anyone else has problems with thera breath or zinc ?
I use the a Therabreath in the green bottle with orange top....no zinc in the ingredients.

Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

Yes that is what i have used and i dont know why that mad emy bb even worse i thought it had zinc , i dont know if anyone else has that bad experience with thera breath , but i am thinking id i only use these two peroxide with colgate zero can i have the mase result ?
Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

Same *
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi HopefulOne, thank you for sharing your story! I’m very happy for you to finally find your cure :)

For how long have you stopped eating carbs prior to adding hydrogen peroxide to your oral hygiene routine? Did you start those two things at the same time? Are you eating any complex carbs? If no, how do you deal with hunger and ketosis (body using fat for energy, instead of carbs)? I can’t see how this is possible in the long run or even for a few months :( I get extreme hunger cravings & binge on carbs after few days of low carb/no sugar diet, how did you manage hunger/cravings? Anyway, I respect your willpower of adhering to it! I can see how low carb diet helped you to solve bb, even if yours had only intra-oral origin - by reducing the constant feeding ground for the bacteria. You mentioned you were able to start introducing carbs after all, so how are you doing now? Can you eat carbs and sugar now staying bb free?

Also, since you’re killing all bacteria in your mouth (both good & bad), have you thought about giving a try to oral probiotics? They are researched to skew mouth flora towards the prevalence of bacteria found in bb-free individuals (by reducing bacteria producing VOCs in the mouth). The harsh eradication of all mouth flora is good as a starting point for treatment of bb, but when there’re no longer VOCs-producing bacteria present, it’s important to introduce new beneficial strains to repopulate the mouth & hence, reduce the likelihood of bb-bacteria occupying the emptied space once again in future.
HopefulOne wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 am I basically cried and told God I couldn’t take it anymore! If he wanted my condition to stay like this, then please give me the power to accept my fate. I told him I know he made me to be happy and I just couldn’t live like this anymore. I cried and prayed, cried and prayed. I was truly at my wits end!! Slowly as I would brush my teeth I started receiving inspirations. A small voice said “rubbed the peroxide on your tongue”, a few days later, I was told to use something else. I was told to leave sugar and carbs alone. I listened and now I’m healed. Thank you Father!!!!!
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Hi Simple,

I basically do a low FODMAP diet and it seems to be working for me. I am able to eat rice and white potato with no problem. Also corn tortillas seem to have no affect on the bad bacteria in my mouth. I also added back hard cheese and butter. Sugar, Xylitol, high fructose corn syrup, milk, onions, garlic are definite no no’s for me. Dry red wine and dark chocolate (90% cacao and above) seem to inhibit the growth of the bacteria in my mouth.

I’ve tried oral probiotics in the past and they never worked for me, probably since most of them contain sugar (isomalt, xylitol, etc. I probably should buy the regular capsules and empty on my tongue. I also gave up Colgate zero because of the sugar content. Right now I’m just using Closys and Therabreath since they are both sugar free. My toothpaste is also sugar free.

But you’re right, my ultimate goal is to rid myself of the bad bacteria and repopulate the good bacteria. But right now what I’m doing is working and giving me a better quality of life.
Kaybay
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kaybay »

HopefulOne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:49 pm Hi Simple,

I basically do a low FODMAP diet and it seems to be working for me. I am able to eat rice and white potato with no problem. Also corn tortillas seem to have no affect on the bad bacteria in my mouth. I also added back hard cheese and butter. Sugar, Xylitol, high fructose corn syrup, milk, onions, garlic are definite no no’s for me. Dry red wine and dark chocolate (90% cacao and above) seem to inhibit the growth of the bacteria in my mouth.

I’ve tried oral probiotics in the past and they never worked for me, probably since most of them contain sugar (isomalt, xylitol, etc. I probably should buy the regular capsules and empty on my tongue. I also gave up Colgate zero because of the sugar content. Right now I’m just using Closys and Therabreath since they are both sugar free. My toothpaste is also sugar free.

But you’re right, my ultimate goal is to rid myself of the bad bacteria and repopulate the good bacteria. But right now what I’m doing is working and giving me a better quality of life.
HI stillhoping how many carbs do you take now? And how long did you last without eating any carbs before
ineedcure
Junior

Post by ineedcure »

This is my cure, a bit different. 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water, then gargle Colgate Sovacol. Twice daily. Floss every night. Saline nasal spray solution twice daily. Thanks God! Bad breath free for three months now. I don't eat rice but 2-3 slices of bread in the evening. My diet consist of 70% fruits, then meat, bread and nuts. Coffee once a week!
worriedmom
Total Newbie

Post by worriedmom »

I was actually about to make a post similar to this. What I have concluded is that my halitosis is caused by excessive bad bacteria. And yes it is hereditary. For whatever reason, my body doesn't have the tools needed to get rid of these bacterias the way it does it others who don't have halitosis. It is up to me to get rid of the bacterias and that does require more care, time and money. I have noticed a significant improvement in my breath doing a routine that is similar to yours. I only rinse in the morning (skip brushing). I do not eat breakfast so I wait until after lunch to floss, brush and rinse. I do not rinse with water for at least 30 minutes...giving the mouthwash time to work. I have incorporated drinking more water throughout the day and this further helps with maintaining the fresh breath. I only eat a small (fist size) meal in the evening. I repeat the steps I do at lunch (floss, brush and rinse) but I add in the waterpik. I make sure I drink at least a half a bottle of water before bed and I have noticed my halitosis breath has been reduced about 65-70%. I truly believe after doing this routine for several weeks or months, I will have eradicated most of the bad baceterias and my halitosis will be mostly gone. But I also understand that my body is still deficient in whatever keeps other folks breath normal so my routine cannot be stopped. The halitosis will return if I stop the routine. It isn't really a cure, just a way to manage it.
Kaybay
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kaybay »

ineedcure wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 am This is my cure, a bit different. 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water, then gargle Colgate Sovacol. Twice daily. Floss every night. Saline nasal spray solution twice daily. Thanks God! Bad breath free for three months now. I don't eat rice but 2-3 slices of bread in the evening. My diet consist of 70% fruits, then meat, bread and nuts. Coffee once a week!
That's so good to hear you found a cure:) Gonna start my diet tomarrow!! How bad was your breath before far reaching or only when someone was close?
ineedcure
Junior

Post by ineedcure »

Kaybay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 am
ineedcure wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 am This is my cure, a bit different. 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water, then gargle Colgate Sovacol. Twice daily. Floss every night. Saline nasal spray solution twice daily. Thanks God! Bad breath free for three months now. I don't eat rice but 2-3 slices of bread in the evening. My diet consist of 70% fruits, then meat, bread and nuts. Coffee once a week!
That's so good to hear you found a cure:) Gonna start my diet tomarrow!! How bad was your breath before far reaching or only when someone was close?
People always keep their distance when they talk to me and I can see their disgust through their eyes. People leave the room when I'm inside. Someone will say "who farted" or I need some fresh air. I heard my nine-year-old daughter before taking to her brother and said " daddy's breath is so bad". She thought I was already sleeping. My son replied" everyone smells bad, you smell bad too. It broke my heart at the same time felt happy. I am very happy now and very thankful to this site.
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

I’m going to try this as soon as I can. Thank you for sharing! I never thought to brush the mouthwash on my tongue or use more than one mouthwash.
Your username reminds me of mine so maybe that’s a sign 😃
An ENT told me my nasal passages hold smelly bacteria that gets carried onto my tongue, causing a white tongue. I have had nasal surgery and use Nasonex spray daily. I'm currently focused on removing the white tongue coating.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Has anyone else tried this? It worked for me for about 2 weeks then slowly started losing effectiveness. I read perhaps I need to eliminate carbs and sugar just like the author of this post. Please report back! :)
Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

Guys brush your tounge with a toothpaste , you can use a good brand that is very good antibacterial and also alcohol free, believe me i have washed my toung only with sea salt and warm ater before and with the tounge scraper i have washed as good as i can and many times and now that i do wash it with an organic toothpaste very good one i see so much difference its very important belive me
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

Beenhereforeva wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:44 pm Has anyone else tried this? It worked for me for about 2 weeks then slowly started losing effectiveness. I read perhaps I need to eliminate carbs and sugar just like the author of this post. Please report back! :)
I wanted to give an update and say almost the same thing. It only worked about a week for me. I'm currently starting a raw diet to see if that helps. If I need to eliminate sugar too I guess I will have to figure that out as well because so much raw food has natural sugars.

In 2020 I had sinus surgery which also only helped my BB for a few weeks. As part of the aftercare the doctor would suction the extra blood buildup (from the surgery) from my nasal passages. I think that was what was actually helping the smell go away. He did it 4 times as required for aftercare. And now I'm trying to build up the courage to call him and ask him if he can do it again just to see if it helps even though the surgery was over a year ago. I think I still have blood building up in my nasal passages, and obviously blood stinks.
An ENT told me my nasal passages hold smelly bacteria that gets carried onto my tongue, causing a white tongue. I have had nasal surgery and use Nasonex spray daily. I'm currently focused on removing the white tongue coating.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

you will not feel good on raw diet....it is not manageable....only few people can do it in the world.....you are hungry all the time then after few months you will be back on cooked.....better not start doing it....and choose low fat starch diet with 50 % fruit....that is a good diet..
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic