Your Email Address:

First Name:

lost for ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jaim618

Re: lost for ideas

Post by Jaim618 »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 am
Dead wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm
gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.
Hello gotshot26, could you please tell me more about the antibiotics course, dosage, length etc thanks. Also, years ago you planned doing an FMT, did you ever go through with it?
Hi Dead,

Never went through with the FMT. After research I found this wasn't the correct route for me.

I am cured from bad breath.

After the anti-biotics I was able to adjust my diet where I reduced carbohydrates and I hardly ever have bad breath anymore.

I take Oral Probiotics from Chemist Warehouse (you can google the australian site) when I go out. These are different to the ones from Blis as Blis K12 only contain Streptoccocus while these contain Strep. plus a whole bunch of others and are half the price.

Life is so different for me now and I actually logged on to delete me account as I feel this is all behind me now. I suffered from 11 years old and cured it at 27. I see reactions so much less - 90% less on a bad day - but most days none at all.

The course was 2 weeks long. I through out the packets and that but if you google Rifaximin + Neomycin it is a very popular combination. I think 400mg Rifaxamin three times a day and Neomycin two times per day (can't remember the dosage). They cost me two or three hundred dollars. You have to go to a compound pharmacist.

I won't delete my account until I see you respond if you have more questions.
Which probiotic do you take?

Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.
Hello gotshot26, could you please tell me more about the antibiotics course, dosage, length etc thanks. Also, years ago you planned doing an FMT, did you ever go through with it?
Hi Dead,

Never went through with the FMT. After research I found this wasn't the correct route for me.

After the anti-biotics I was able to adjust my diet where I reduced carbohydrates and I hardly ever have bad breath anymore.

I take Oral Probiotics from Chemist Warehouse (you can google the australian site) when I go out. These are different to the ones from Blis as Blis K12 only contain Streptoccocus while these contain Strep. plus a whole bunch of others and are half the price.

Life is so different for me now and I actually logged on to delete me account as I feel this is all behind me now. I suffered from 11 years old and cured it at 27. I see reactions so much less - 90% less on a bad day - but most days none at all.

The course was 2 weeks long. I through out the packets and that but if you google Rifaximin + Neomycin it is a very popular combination. I think 400mg Rifaxamin three times a day and Neomycin two times per day (can't remember the dosage). They cost me two or three hundred dollars. You have to go to a compound pharmacist.

I am very happy for you. I hope you have a great life now. Thanks, I'll definitely try the medication and the probiotics! Take care.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Hi Dead,

BTW i wanted to ask you, your bb definitely came from your tongue right? And these antibiotics killed off bacteria in your small intestine? So do you think the bacteria on your tongue kept coming up from the gut?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 am Hi Dead,

Final question. Before the treatment did you have a sour/bitter/bad taste in your mouth most of, or all the time? And did the antibiotics manage to get rid of it, or permanently reduce it? Or does your mouth taste the same now as before?
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Petalpetal, what exactly those medicines were targeting? If you understand their mechanism of action, it will help determine a cause of your bb. In terms of SIBO - it could actually be the cause or a significant contributing factor. At least, it is best to try to eliminate it anyway and you can find info on treatment online and on this forum (eg, look at the posts by searching_for_acure2). Here’s the website that I found illuminating on Sibo: https://bellalindemann.com/blog/sibo-se ... -treatment
Also, from my personal experience, I have same symptoms that you described in terms of carbs, dandruff (mine is awfully smelly), smelly skin. If SIBO is the culprit for your bb, then carbs worsening it are a logical conclusion. However, it’s impossible to completely eliminate carbs (sadly). What kind of diet did you go on? I would like to look into that in case your causes might be similar.
Also, note that SIBO always has a cause - such as bile problems or intestinal adhesions, and etc - the website I posted above offers info on the causes as well.
Also, you haven’t mentioned: do you have bb from breathing (extraoral), mouth (intraoral) or both?
For me it’s both, which means the bb is blood-borne.
petalpetal wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 am yes food intokelrances, anything with sugar, wheat, carbs etc. most things actually agravate my bb.

the treamtnet was some chinese medicine and strict diet for 2 months alongside accupuncture and cupping.

i did a sibo test myself at home a few years ago and tested positive, but i dont know how reliable that is. also its not really recognised here in uk so much as a thing, o didnt know how to take treatment gonig forward.

feel so conflicted, is hard to 'convince' a doctor here
Bobda
Total Newbie

Post by Bobda »

Sttuggled with the same thing for 7 years. I used every mouthwash and I was prescribed rinses like chlorhexidine which failed to work.

BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION

Now I use a mouth rinse with ** 1% POVIDINE IODINE**.

It is sold over the counter and its worked like a charm. Its an antiseptic and will even work for candida in some cases. Its also helped with my tonsils breath and stones.

My tools are: Electric brush, Floss, Toothpaste, PI rinse, tongue scraper.

My routine is this:

-FLOSS!

-Put A LITTLE of the iodine rinse in a cap

-Put toothpaste MADE WITH BAKING SODA on your toothbrush

-Dip your brush in the small cap numerous times while you clean your mouth.

-Brush your tongue and the back

-Then BRUSH your tonsil and roof of your mouth. (Its electric so just let it roll over your tonsil like a carpet cleaner would!)

-Rinse your mouth with water.

-Now you must rinse and gargle with the povidine iodine rinse. ( IT must touch everywhere so relax your tongue a few times so the back of your tongue isn't raised while you gargle. this will solve your THROAT BREATH and clean the bottom of your tonsils.

Do this twice daily! don't get so comfortable with the cure that you become LAZY!

If you like, add a mouthwash like "smart-mouth" to your routine too as a supplement. You will get even better results.
Bobda
Total Newbie

Post by Bobda »

Betadine is brand name for povidine iodine
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Freshhope, thank you for the info! :) Yes, it seems very curious why in almost all “personal stories” people say it started from early/mid adolescence! although CH4 itself is odourless, I guess it can be converted into other VOCs.

I think it’s this study you’re referring to, right?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/4032171/
Freshhope wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:14 pm Just wanted to add this exert from a study I was reading... a lot of people are curious on here why we develop halitosis and certain ages around puberty time. I don’t think ch4 is the cause but it’s interesting how we develop different levels of gas production in our gut at various ages... food for though

CH4 is never detected in children until 3 years of age. As age increases, so does CH4 production until age 10 when the adult distribution is reached [17]. In a study of pediatric CH4 production, breath CH4 was analyzed in 393 healthy subjects in the Tel-Aviv area from infancy to 59 years old [19]. Similar to findings of the previous study, CH4 pro- duction started at 3 years old and averaged 6.4% of 3 and 4 year olds. However, it increased considerably between ages 4 and 8 and then remained stable around 18% until age 14. From age 14 on, the incidence of CH4 production increased sharply to reach that of the adult population (49.4%). Also notable in this study is that in the adolescent and adult groups, significantly more females than males produced CH4
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Dead wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm
gotshot26 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 am Hi Dead,

Final question. Before the treatment did you have a sour/bitter/bad taste in your mouth most of, or all the time? And did the antibiotics manage to get rid of it, or permanently reduce it? Or does your mouth taste the same now as before?
Hi Dead,

Came back to delete my account - well - i've asked Jimi to do so.

The antibiotics proved a success. My bad breath is still very much reduced permanently and it feels amazing (yes mouth feels different).

I still take oral probiotics now and then which are available on the shelf here in Australia as I still get bad breath if I eat sugar or alot of carbs in one go but it's been a different life for me for a while now.

I can't remember having a sour or bitter taste maybe a bad taste in my mouth but it just feels better I guess? It's been how long since I did the antibiotics? 18 months? 2 years? I am very happy with the result.

I've also changed my diet as I've moved out of home so I eat lower carbs and more vegetables and fats. I rarely see reactions still.

Good bye.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Kaybay
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kaybay »

Hi Dead,

Wait one more question before you go!! Can you give us an example of what you eat?? How many carbs a day exactly do you eat?? And what food do you get your carbs from please
roam1

Post by roam1 »

UK, has been radio silence since negative sibo and fodmap diet. which is useless. no idea what to do now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic