Your Email Address:

First Name:

Going back to basics...? what do you think?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
onedaysoon123
Total Newbie

Going back to basics...? what do you think?

Post by onedaysoon123 »

Hi all.. I would love to know what you think based on your knowledge..

Summary/symptoms:
[*]28 years old
[*]Suffered since 13 (I think)
[*]Not sure of smell, when younger had some comments of fart/shit but don't get comments anymore, just strong reactions.
[*]bad taste in mouth always
[*]a lot of clear mucus when brushing
[*]found tonsil stones twice, once tucked in back and I got it out and once just a few weeks ago I spat out a huge clump - never any others? are they hiding??
[*]Extreme dry scalp.. is it related??
[*]Family history of stomach issues - Crohn's and IBS, nothing for me really.

Asked dentists etc. when younger but not in the last probably 10 years at least.. now I just assume nothing is wrong dentally because I get checkups and recently had wisdom teeth out but nothing ever mentioned by dentist so I assume that means everything is good. So I have started to think.. SHOULD I CHECK AGAIN?? could something so simple have been missed?? do I have gum disease???

I had bad oral health as a child and still am lazy with flossing. I have started flossing daily and notice one tooth always bleeds and smells bad??? a few others have a bad smell too but not as much. Front teeth more, not back.

I have never fully remained consistent with finding a cure and have tried lot's of different things...
-Breath doctor in San Francisco, gave me oral irrigation and all the mouthwashes etc. Felt it was a mild case that could have multiple causes.
-Naturopath multiple times... they give me treatment for stomach related things but never really know, just guess.
-ENT.. found nothing.. told me stop having dairy incase it's mucus.
-Hyplori negative
-Candida in stomach negative through stool test with naturopath
-same stool test did find high levels of a type of bacteria in stomach.. can provide more info if anyone thinks it is relevant???
-Allergy tested positive for horses/dust mites/mould etc. and received a year of desensitization.
-Have tried normal probiotics and oral probiotics.. maybe never long enough.. ?
-Dry mouth/sjogren's disease test negative

No family history of BB.

Other random things, such as diet changes etc. But I still wonder if I ever have really tried one method 100% and for long enough. I get discouraged easily.

I get horrible reactions from friends and colleagues and the odd sarcastic comment because I honestly think, that they think I don't know!!! It brings me down to the point where I can't even bare to try and find a cure by going to doctors, researching and spending money. I just curl up. Or try to get on with life and not let it bother me, but it does.

I just wanted to give my symptoms etc. and see if it sparked anything for anyone, whether they know what my cause may be or something they think I should try or whether they feel their symptoms are the same

I welcome any comments.

I really hope one day we can all be cured of this :(

xx

Hopelesss
Re: Going back to basics...? what do you think?

Post by Hopelesss »

I feel very depressed when I read story of you having bad breath from a lot of years.. I feel like there is no solution for me, that is in my DNA. And I want to die if I think about this.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Maybe you can stop completely with Gluten to see if you also are allergic to it.

And you can change your toothpaste for a mild one that's sugar free. I found one it's from Oral B junior 6+. It's wonderful for me. Yes, I am using a junior toothpaste instead of adult one. 😁 This is the best one I ever found after I tried more that 70 toothpaste.

I am no completely heal yet, but my breath is very mild. It's not offensive like it was after brushing. People use to say to me wrong toothpaste. I can't use anything with strong odor. It will smell distance.

I also change my diet complety and I'll not eat any junk food or sugar for 6 mounth straight to see what will happen. I hope that I will have a good review after 3 mouth.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Hello onedaysoon123,

(my reply was gone, maybe I didn't press the submit button, my mistake) by the way, we're of the same age and almost the same time when bb started, please update here if you have something new to add. Let's keep going.

Hi Gluten-free,

I'm interested about the toothpaste. What's the exact variant of it (flavors like fruits?) Is there no "aftersmell" with that toothpaste? I mean the smell few minutes or hours after you brush. Apparently, baby toothpaste/tooth gels don't give that "aftersmell" (particularly with mine, not aggravating the gum disease smell).
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

This toothpaste of Oral B junior 6+ has a very very mild minty taste and it's sugar free. My breath will be fresh for 2 hours at least. I think it's because it's sugar free but with normal toothpaste ingredients that kills bacteria makes it good for me.

I notice that normal toothpaste makes my breath worse. Mind you I tried more than 70 types of toothpaste and even made my own. But I couldn't have a good result. And with this mild toothpaste I can brush my mouth often to mask my problem. Of course I am eating healthier than ever. I will start this week with jogging/running. I am waiting for my running shoes to arrive, to start. I hope this will also help to turn things around.

I am changing my whole life style to see if I can be free of this thing.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

I must try that toothpaste. Thank you for your reply. You're doing what you can. I also think that lifestyle change including changing habits and mindset about how you view your bb, the food you nourish your body, and the basics (not overdoing brushing and mouthwashing,
the mouth needs balance bacteria not zero bacteria, regular bowel movement, hydration, sleeping 3-4 hours after eating if you have reflux, limiting alcohol and smoking or stop if you can, not abusing your body also related with stress) wil help in the long run. It's holistic and you need enough will to sustain such change particularly about food that's why I think new set of thoughts and change minset is needed. It will be hard, but I will try my best too. Lets just call it THE LIFESTYLE APPROACH, focusing on the very basic, our whole health. Maybe this will not cure it, but I know will help at least. And it's not just for the bb, its for the whole body. Don't expect any motivation, it will not come. What you and I will expect is resistance, your mind will resist every damn change making you not want to do it. YOUR/MY MIND WILL RESIST, remember that everytime you don't want to do something. And don't beat yourself up if you're not doing "perfect" with your meal plan, you don't need to be perfect, you need to have more "Today I will make it better." You will not be pressured as much. Since we already have this condition, be even more gentle with yourself. Your body hears whatever you tell it.
harvestor

Post by harvestor »

It's useless. I have asked 4 dentists for the last 3 months and nothing happened
At this point, it's best that you keep hope but not expectations. It's like the whole meaning of your life is to fight the symptoms of bb
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Dentists can help only if the source of your bb is oral, if its from other parts (nasal, throat, digestion, metabolic) it's harder to find solution for that. But at the end of the day, it's always a better choice to be healthier than do nothing about it all.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi, Gluten-free, did you try the sugar-free diet? What was your experience with it? Also, do you have both mouth & breathing odour or only mouth?
Gluten-free wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm Maybe you can stop completely with Gluten to see if you also are allergic to it.

And you can change your toothpaste for a mild one that's sugar free. I found one it's from Oral B junior 6+. It's wonderful for me. Yes, I am using a junior toothpaste instead of adult one. 😁 This is the best one I ever found after I tried more that 70 toothpaste.

I am no completely heal yet, but my breath is very mild. It's not offensive like it was after brushing. People use to say to me wrong toothpaste. I can't use anything with strong odor. It will smell distance.

I also change my diet complety and I'll not eat any junk food or sugar for 6 mounth straight to see what will happen. I hope that I will have a good review after 3 mouth.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic