Your Email Address:

First Name:

An update on my life: 6 years since tonsillectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
coconuthead
Advanced

An update on my life: 6 years since tonsillectomy

Post by coconuthead »

I decided to reach out and give you all an update on my life, but first a short backstory for those who may not know me:

I suffered from BB for at least 11 years. I became aware that I had BB at the age of 10, but it’s very possible I could have begun suffering from it a few years earlier in life. However, it did not begin to impact my life until I was around the age of 14 and a freshman in high school. It was during that time that I first encountered teasing and taunting because of my chronic BB. I joined this forum back in 2011 in a desperate attempt to find a cure and also to connect with others who also suffered from chronic BB. Back in 2014, the summer before my final year of college, I had a tonsillectomy. Although recovery was very painful, it was the cure to my BB.

Unfortunately, as a result of my BB, I developed social anxiety disorder, depression, and had even attempted to take my life when I was 19 years old.

I am now 27 years old and married. I have moved 600 miles away to a new city since my last post almost 4 years ago, and I will be moving to a new city again next year. I have not yet started a family of my own. I am still undecided about that right now, but I am young and I feel that I have at least 10-13 years to decide so there is no rush. Right now, my focus is enjoying life, being thankful for my life, and spending time with my husband and family. I try not to take anything for granted anymore.

I still suffer from mild social anxiety disorder, but it does not interfere with my work or life. It has gotten much better over the years, but again my life was so impacted as a result of BB that I don’t think my social skills will ever be the same. Of course, there are many of you out there who have suffered from BB much longer than I did, and I can’t even begin to imagine what you have experienced or even attempt to place myself in your shoes. I empathize with you all because I understand what it is like and I hope you all find a cure like I did. Sending nothing but the best wishes to you. We all will be cured from this disease!

Freshhope
Junior

Re: An update on my life: 6 years since tonsillectomy

Post by Freshhope »

Thanks for the update. Your so lucky. Was there any clues it was the tonsils?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Congratulations!

A word of caution though, you might not want to wait that long before making your decision on kids. Fertility declines and risk of complications increases drastically after 35.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

winter wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:37 am Congratulations!

A word of caution though, you might not want to wait that long before making your decision on kids. Fertility declines and risk of complications increases drastically after 35.
Thanks for the insight. If I do decide to have a child and fertility does become an issue, adoption will definitely be an option. I'm just in no rush to have a child and would rather wait until my late 30's/early 40's.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

Freshhope wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:37 pm Thanks for the update. Your so lucky. Was there any clues it was the tonsils?
I believe my only clues were tonsil stones and occasional sinus issues. When I finally went to an ENT, I was told that my tonsils were infected.
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

Hey there.. I'm planning to get a tonsillectomy myself.

Were your tonsils swollen or did they have stones? Did you get ear pain often?
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

optimismishere wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm Hey there.. I'm planning to get a tonsillectomy myself.

Were your tonsils swollen or did they have stones? Did you get ear pain often?
My tonsils were only slightly swollen, but it was never to the point where it was a cause of concern. I did, however, have tonsil stones. I was constantly coughing them up or picking them out. I suffered from ear pain only when I had sinus infections, so not very often.
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

I had a problem with my tonsils, I also produced those tonsil stones, and I removed them, I thought that with that I was already leaving that nightmare behind, time showed me that I was wrong. It was only one less cause, but it was not something definitive.
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

Do you think you could be cured by your breathing method if you had not undergone a tonsillectomy?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Congrats coconuthead! I remember seeing you when I checked in on the forum in the past. I'm so happy for you.

Please indulge in social situations and love the life you now have!
ginger505
Total Newbie

Post by ginger505 »

Congratulations on the cure! How is your self-esteem after 6 years of no BB? Do you think it can fully recover?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic