Your Email Address:

First Name:

teeth fillings

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
roam1

teeth fillings

Post by roam1 »

hi,
ive had bad breath for over 20 years since my early teens- has escalated to other symptoms = a lot of gastro issues, sinus/ pnd/ chronic fatigue etc.
i still cannot find a cure and have also thought its cause was solely stomach/gut issues. but recently i read something here about bb often being oral bacteria that starts in mouth and travels to gastro.

i have bene to dozens of dentists over the years, all who confirm excellent oral hygiene and say no reason for bb in my oral. however i do remember when i was in my early teens having 4 fillings on my teeth where i neglected my cleaning when i was young. i remember this because in those areas it is often slimy. i mentioned this to a dentist a couple of years ago to see if he could check those fillings out and he said there weren't any.

i know this isnt the case and they defintiely have bene performed as i remember my mum being so ashamed of me having ot have 4 fillings at such a young age. why could he not see them? i am not sure how to pursue investigating this, could it be an infection in those fillings? running out of ideas, feel like maybe i'm making it into something its not, but curious the slimy coating is always in those areas...

roam1

Re: teeth fillings

Post by roam1 »

any advice anyone, is it worth bringing this up with another dentist?
roam1

Post by roam1 »

any other help, other than trying to sell products
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi Roam1, improperly fit fillings can definitely cause bb if bacteria get under them. I remember reading about it numerous time while doing my research. I don’t know how bad bb from improper fillings can get - but it’s worth changing them in any case!

Regarding the slimy coating - Is it clear and seems just like thick saliva? I have noticed that my saliva got thicker and thus more “slimy feeling” after bb issue exacerbated.

More 20 years is so long, I feel bad for you :cry: Any idea is worth pursuing while trying to find a solution!
roam1 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:05 pm hi,
ive had bad breath for over 20 years since my early teens- has escalated to other symptoms = a lot of gastro issues, sinus/ pnd/ chronic fatigue etc.
i still cannot find a cure and have also thought its cause was solely stomach/gut issues. but recently i read something here about bb often being oral bacteria that starts in mouth and travels to gastro.

i have bene to dozens of dentists over the years, all who confirm excellent oral hygiene and say no reason for bb in my oral. however i do remember when i was in my early teens having 4 fillings on my teeth where i neglected my cleaning when i was young. i remember this because in those areas it is often slimy. i mentioned this to a dentist a couple of years ago to see if he could check those fillings out and he said there weren't any.

i know this isnt the case and they defintiely have bene performed as i remember my mum being so ashamed of me having ot have 4 fillings at such a young age. why could he not see them? i am not sure how to pursue investigating this, could it be an infection in those fillings? running out of ideas, feel like maybe i'm making it into something its not, but curious the slimy coating is always in those areas...
roam1

Post by roam1 »

my SIBO results came back negative. i had been on antibiotics prior to the test with my doctor and symptoms cleared whilst on them, them immediately reappeared when meds finished. with this new negative diagnostic, having always thought it was my gut, i feel i should look back at my mouth.

my fillings are perhaps the enxt step. i am confused why my last doctor said he couldnt seen any, when i know i had at least 4 when i was in my early teens- that feel slimy now- could it be they have leaked or have bacteria underneath. they are not, nor have ever been painful, but slimy- could that be causing bacteria leakge that has colonized gut somewhere.

feel like im going crazy, is it not my anxiety that is making it all 1000% times worse
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic