Your Email Address:

First Name:

My strugle and solution to tolerable breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bobi
Total Newbie

My strugle and solution to tolerable breath

Post by bobi »

I'm going to share my experience with u it might help to some, it might not.

I have had halitosis for about 25 years. Since primary school to adult life. School, colleage, bus rides, social interactions work all those things were really hard. Had to listen to all sort of comments from coworkers at work about my bb, classmates, girlfriends, friends, passangers on bus, train etch... but what does not kill u, can only make u stronger.
I will not go into details, because I had a different point to make.

What I found it worked for me was. I used a toothpaste and mouth wash (Air lift). It didnt do miracle, but I liked the result best compared to other products. They do not sell it anymore. So had to find a replacement.

and when I say worked I mean it made my bb tolerable along with all the other adjustements I had to make in my life.
I didnt completly fix the problem.

I have till this day halitosis stones in my throat which I clean on daily basis. Every morning, and if I go on a "date" or something.
the amount of stones is the bigest in the morning or if I eat dairy (milk).

So what were the other adjustements?:
-cut out MILK and minimise dairy products. (not all have the same effect). But milk has the biggest.
-cut out Coffe (this one is the hardest, I would LLLLLLOOOOVEEE to be able to drink coffe and not worry about my BB. If I drink coffe today I will have BB for about a week.And after that if slowly starts to reduce it.
-cut out fish. (which is also hard, because I love fish.) Protein increases BB. I eat it on "special occasion".
-cut out Wine, beer. Disaster for BB.
-cut out garlic. (2 weeks BB).
-no smoking or anythinng that dries your mouth.

+drink plenty of watter, do sports.
I do use TheraBreath since my previous toothpaste and mouth wash was discontinued. It reduced tonsil stones, reduced bb. Still not perfect but better than any other product.

I belive our problem is not in the mouth, but in the way our gut breaks down protein and similar stuff. I am no chemist, but thats the best explanation I have for my self. by cleaning mouth we are just cleaning the result nad not the reason for BB.
I am looking at it as if I had allergy reaction to certain foods/drinks so I completly avoid them. THe results are satisfactory.

I belive I am fortunate to reduce it to tle level I am at now. The main reason is cutting out the things I KNOW for 100% are making my BB worse. I hope they find a more durale and long lasting cure for us in our life time.

I am getting white stains on my teeth I am worried why but other than that it is OK. I wish I had this knowledge when I was in my primaryschool and highschool.

Good luck to all :)

Ghana3

Re: My strugle and solution to tolerable breath

Post by Ghana3 »

Hey, have you ever considered a Tonsillectomy To get ride of your stones ?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: My strugle and solution to tolerable breath

Post by StillHoping »

@bobi - glad to hear you have been able to manage your bb! I wouldn't have suspected protein increases bb! can you please give a rundown of your diet? e.g. what foods you eat in a typical day?

Interestingly, I had come across this article stating that people with impaired kidney or liver should follow a low protein diet https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/lo ... h-benefits
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic