Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad breath caused by anxiety?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
telpar
Junior
Bad breath caused by anxiety?

Post by telpar »

Hi guys,
like many of you, I suppose, I have often read stories of people claiming to be cured of halitosis after experiencing something that is absolutely not believable to us.

The same can be said for someone who reports being healed after a surgical procedure. There are very few, and it is never clear if the result is long-term (because they do not update on the effectiveness of long-term care) or maybe it is only the temporary effect of the antibiotics prescribed after the operation.

These are all stories that we can define as anecdotal. Among these, in particular, there are some that have always intrigued me and of which I would like your opinion.

Some claim to be cured of halitosis after treating their anxiety disorder (which I believe we all have).

I wonder if there may actually be a correlation between anxiety / stress and bad breath.

The only pattern I can spot is dry mouth which is caused by stress and anxiety. But this should be type 1 halitosis, which can be masked with zinc chloride-based mouthwashes.

And what if there were instead a deeper mechanism, of an endocrinological or metabolic type, or what do I know, not yet fully investigated, that links anxiety to halitosis?

I have this doubt. It all starts as type 1 halitosis, which is not initially treated. Over time it turns into anxiety disorder, and causes stress. Then, when type 1 halitosis is treated or otherwise managed, there remains the anxiety that causes something in our body to go haywire (perhaps related to sleep, breathing, hormonal balance, etc.).

What do you think? Could it be, even for a small percentage of us, a key to understanding?

Anomi

Re: Bad breath caused by anxiety?

Post by Anomi »

I don't think so :(
When I used SSRI and felt less anxious, still the BB was strong. Mine is also from the nose.
I believe than in my case the origin is the stomach acid... but I don't know how to control it.
Anomi
Tee

Post by Tee »

Anomi have you tried Betaine HCl?
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

Yes.. didn't help😔
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic