Your Email Address:

First Name:

ASK PEOPLE TO SMELL YOUR BREATH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
blowinyouaway
ASK PEOPLE TO SMELL YOUR BREATH

Post by blowinyouaway »

Hello all.
It’s been a journey with bad breath going on 6 years. Ive been on the site ever since, and i’ve made a couple posts. Most recently where I shared that I had stopped using mouthwash because from what i could tell, my mouth was fresh and it’s true that it was. But it wasn’t true that my bb was gone. I’ve since learned a lot. If only I could delete that post except I don’t know how. I now know the real cause has been my throat and nasal passages. I now know it was never about what mouthwash i used, as the odor came from deep within my mouth. I’m glad I know now. My point though is that i never would’ve figured it out until I started asking people around me.

Since dealing with bb I didn’t want to ever talk about it or mention it cause of how embarrassed I was. I was afraid that mentioning it would make people only focus on that when
they spoke to me or thought of me. I wanted it to be something people ignored because I knew everyone was or at least I thought everyone was. Don’t get me wrong I would chew gum til my jaw hurt and cover my mouth. Do anything to conceal the smell that I couldn’t seem to get rid of. How offensive would it have been to just talk all in someone’s face knowing I dealt with that. The pandemic and mask mandate made it a little easier and Ive worn masks ever since even now as I’m vaccinated. I might’ve been cured for some time and didn’t know because of how bad my halitophobia is. It’s a constant battle of wondering whether my breath smells bad and wondering if someone rubbed their nose because it itched or because they could smell me. I just couldn’t build the courage to ask anyone. I tried doing research on what was helping, trying different things except i never asked anyone and tried to smell my own breath and figure it out on my own. I was scared of what reactions might’ve been if I asked someone to smell it and my breath was bad But I got tired of that, truly. I’ve made some really good friends over the past year. Friends I can trust, friends that love me. I’ve grown confidence. So i decided to start asking them in a casual way if they could
smell my breath and tell me the brutally honest truth about it. And no one has made a face or thought strange of my request. They really had no problem smelling my mouth and telling me. Except I asked multiple people and they told me they smelled nothing. Even my most brutally honest of friends. Friends that would tell me if my hair was messy or if my eyelash was coming off. I asked one dear friend of mine, a friend i’ll have forever and she literally damn near stuck her nose in my mouth and had me blow and (haaaa haaa) right in her face and she smelled absolutely nothing. I asked her over and over like are you sure and she was like girl i would tell you if your breath stunk. But we’ve been friends for a while now so then i’m like.. have i been fine this whole time? has it been in my head?! all along? I know back in high school when my diet was poor and i didn’t take good care of myself my breath was bad bc mean people in school told me all the time and i got made fun of for it and i guess i just carried it with me all these years later assuming it was still the case. But turns it out it hasn’t been. It’s just years of deeprooted trauma affected me in the worst way. I feel like I can breathe now.

My point is that if you’re on your road to recovery and experimenting with different things to figure out what is gonna fix your bb, just ask your loved ones. If you don’t ask They might be afraid to tell you and don’t wanna hurt your feelings (which was the case with my friends when I suffered in high school) but if you beg them to be completely honest you will reach your goal sooner than you think. the lick test and blowing in your hand won’t help nearly as much as asking other people as those are the ones that truly perceive your body aroma and can smell your breath directly. Pls don’t be afraid it’s not so bad. People love you and want to help you. You aren’t alone.

Pleasehelp
Re: ASK PEOPLE TO SMELL YOUR BREATH

Post by Pleasehelp »

So how do you control your bad breath?
blowinyouaway
Re: ASK PEOPLE TO SMELL YOUR BREATH

Post by blowinyouaway »

Pleasehelp wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:53 am So how do you control your bad breath?
Pleasehelp wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:53 am So how do you control your bad breath?
I would love to make a post soon when I’m sure that I’m 100% good. But I can share with you the few things I’ve been doing so far

For one I started taking supplements. The big one was magnesium. I did some research on it after seeing a fellow poster said it helped her a ton and an imbalance of minerals plays a HUGE part in the bacteria in your mouth which makes sense because it’s similar with woman’s ph balance. I started taking it over a week ago and it wasn’t until I forgot to take it for two days that I noticed I woke up with a horrible taste in mouth and smell. The one I used to always wake up with. But when I started taking it again I noticed that it stopped. i also take iron, vitamin d, and k2 as well and I plan on adding a probiotic to it when it comes in the mail, i ordered all this from amazon.

A tongue brush is very very important, i use the tung one it’s the best thing i’ve found to clean your tongue and i’ve tried many different things. You can use whatever toothpaste or gel you want I just use the tung gel and it does the job. I set a separate timer everytime I brush my teeth and I brush my tongue, mainly at the back where the funk is for 1 minute.

I’m using smart mouth mouthwash rn and It does a pretty good job tbh. Thought for most of us, our problems aren’t really due to poor dental hygiene so I guess preference in mouthwash doesn’t really matter. I use it because food tends to linger in mouth after i eat and it gets rid of feeling and smell. I also have to go packs of it for after lunch in my car.

For my PND, another huge factor to my bb, I rinse my sinuses but only at night. Doing it in the morning did no favors for me and lowkey made it worse. But when I rinse I literally can smell the stench that was back there as it comes out of my mouth (gross I know). I use the neil med sinus kit, the bottle and the salt packets. I also add oil of oregano ( 1 drop only!! it’s super strong), grapefruit seed extract, and colloidal silver. Make sure to snort it so it can come out of your mouth!

For tonsil stones I use a dental syringe with water and hydrogen peroxide.

With just those few things I’ve noticed a difference in how my mouth feels and smells. I’ve asked several people several times on different days and after eating certain things. And no one has told me they smell anything nor have I gotten reactions. I’m not sure what your causes of bb are but I hope this helped!! Best of luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic