Your Email Address:

First Name:

how many got cured by vit c?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

jess wrote:
Mico wrote:ive tried vit c more than a decade ago, didnt feel a thing.

Was it the chewable type that you tried or were they the tabs that you have to swallow?I believe the trick is to use the "chewable" vitamin C.

By the way one on the reasons why I know that the chewable vitamin C is working for me is because on many occasions I've run out ot it and didn't use it for two or three days and the fecal breath returned after like two days of not using it.

As I said before, I still suffer from chronic bad breath but it's just not the fecal type as long as I keep on using the vitamin C. And my breath is now much more bearable.
No, not chewable. Hmm., hell, why not. Ill write that on my list as the next experiment!

zigzag
Total Newbie

Post by zigzag »

I have also seen good results with Vitamin C chewable tablets. But had to stop using it since it made my teeth very sensitive :cry:. Has anyone else seen this happen ? Is there a type of vitamin c that does not cause sensitivity ?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I had also experienced sensitivity of teeth when I was trying out vit C & it was only 500mg. a day so I don`t know if my enamel can handle it now. I don`t know if calcium supplements could lessen that side effect. Another side effect I had back then is that I had a strange body odor that doesn`t smell acidic. Nevertheless, I`ll be trying it out next once my present regimen doesn`t work.
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

Jess, i was wondering how you know your feacal breath returns, do you have somebody you ask? I can never smell my own breath im basing things purely on other peoples reactions.

Ive been taking vit c for a couple of weeks now, not as big doses as suggested, but chewable sugar free throughout the day. my ENT appointment was during the time i started taking the Vit C and he told me my breath doesnt smell. so for my next appointment im going to stop taking it for a week before to see if it makes any difference.

Belle
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Why don't you base it on the reaction of the ent too? I've had like 2 ENT's lie to me about me not having bb. It's the easiest way for them to get rid of you. The one I'm currently visiting is the only one who says I do have it.
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

Well i guess just find it hard to believe that it doesnt smell, and if it doesnt then it must be the vit c. He was a really good ENT and he actually said to me "this is a no bullshit conversation we are having and your breath smells fine to me." (he couldnt have used a worse term, haha) I think i need to confide in somebody else and ask them if it smells. I think my son is even lying to me now, he actually knows (at 5 years old) that im obsessed with it, he used to say "whats that smell" now when i ask him he says "smells like vitamins" haha! Obviously because he sees me taking the vit c. Im going back to the ENT in a couple of weeks so ill see how i goes then, should make a morning appointment, that should do the trick!!
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

[quote="Belle"]

Ive been taking vit c for a couple of weeks now, not as big doses as suggested, but chewable sugar free throughout the day. my ENT appointment was during the time i started taking the Vit C and he told me my breath doesnt smell. so for my next appointment im going to stop taking it for a week before to see if it makes any difference.

If low dosage of vit C is working for you then that`s amazing. I hope it continues that way.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Belle wrote:Well i guess just find it hard to believe that it doesnt smell, and if it doesnt then it must be the vit c. He was a really good ENT and he actually said to me "this is a no bullshit conversation we are having and your breath smells fine to me." (he couldnt have used a worse term, haha) I think i need to confide in somebody else and ask them if it smells. I think my son is even lying to me now, he actually knows (at 5 years old) that im obsessed with it, he used to say "whats that smell" now when i ask him he says "smells like vitamins" haha! Obviously because he sees me taking the vit c. Im going back to the ENT in a couple of weeks so ill see how i goes then, should make a morning appointment, that should do the trick!!
generally, a 5 year old child is the most honest person you will meet.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

Heya. Few months ago when the vit c cure was posted, I took it for few weeks, and though my condition slightly improved, it didn't really help.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

haven't seen you in awhile succ. How are you?
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Belle wrote:Jess, i was wondering how you know your feacal breath returns, do you have somebody you ask? I can never smell my own breath im basing things purely on other peoples reactions.
Belle

Unfortunately I don't have anybody to check on my breath on a regular basis, but when my breath is fecal I know it. I can smell and taste it in the back of my throat. So that's how I know.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

jess wrote: Unfortunately I don't have anybody to check on my breath on a regular basis, but when my breath is fecal I know it. I can smell and taste it in the back of my throat. So that's how I know.
i remember one night i had eaten a sandwich before going to brush and sleep. i was using smartmouth at the time and i told my best friend that i think it's just not working. he smelled my breath and said what are you talking about it smells like sandwich. to me it smelled and tasted bad. i was surprised.

it goes both ways tho. you can taste clean mouthed and still have halitosis. it's a tricky thing.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

of course, taste necessarily smell aren't always related, that has been proven many times.

welcome back succ!
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

Positive side effects - yes for me! i lost a few kilos!!! with reference to BB I think its losing its effectiveness. When I rely solely on tablets the BB seems to disappear but within 15 mins it's back. I still take them though along with my other armour...all in all it's only treating symptoms though and not the causes :(
Bluerain

Post by Bluerain »

jc and zigzag and for anyone who has experienced teeth sensitivity due to the Vit C...

try Ester-C chewables...I take the ones from the Jamieson compnay. It's in a cute bottle with Arthur, the cartoon rabbit on it. It's sugar free too! You can get it in North America but I'm not too sure else where.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic