Your Email Address:

First Name:

My potential cure after over 30 years

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
cured31
Total Newbie

My potential cure after over 30 years

Post by cured31 »

I've lurked everywhere for years, In the early years I thought people were rude to me for a variety of reasons, but about 9 years ago I realised I had bad breath. Been sad times ever since, had black tongue from overuse of too strong a solution of hydrogen peroxide, I have more medicine here than a pharmacist - charcoal, colloquial silver, mastic gum, cloves etc. I give up every 3 months then get back on the hunt for a cure. I've tried various 'cures' on assuming supermarket assistants, pre covid of course. Poor them.

Couple of weeks ago I read something from John L Richter talking about curing bad breath predominantly through tongue scraping and the product they sell. I won't name the product, as I don't want to be accused of selling it. Anyway with nothing to lose I bought the product, it's vile but it works. However, what was most interesting for me was the tongue scraping. Now I scrape my tongue every day, have done for over 3 years with an ayurvedic scraper also spending time bringing up phlegm. However, these guys say to reach back into the back of your tongue until you gag. I may have done that in the early days but definitely not for as far back as I can remember.

I had bought their tongue scraper in their starter pack so rolling my eyes I tried it. The handle is not the best but the head is good and gets into all areas of the back of the tongue. I cannot lie what came from the back was the (sorry for tmi) thickest,foulest, yellowest grunge ever. I was gagging, eyes watering everything and seriously horrified at what I saw. It was like a build up of plaque on a different level and noticeably wasn't the same as what came from my 'main' tongue, ie the normal watery mucus like stuff. Repulsed I scraped harder, my tongue is still sore at the back, I overdid it. I spent about 10 minutes on my tongue and I then used their product and my mouth felt like it had never felt before - totally tingly clean. I haven't used their product diligently since as I am now focused on my tongue cleaning technique. If I do the back of my tongue 3 times a day then the build up is minimal, if I leave it 24 hours there is a noticeable build up but nothing as bad as the first time.

Yesterday I was out with my family and only one person held their nose, I think that was in anticipation of what might be coming lol. I had close up conversations with loads of people, no recoiling, no wide eyes, no itchy noses. I had scraped my tongue vigorously before I left - so it had two vigorous scrapings that day. It's only one situation but it is the most promising one I've had since I took antibiotics 7 years ago. I remember no one recoiled from me then, but I also remember sitting at my desk and feeling my tongue tingling as the bacteria 'grew back'.

Maybe you guys are doing it correctly, I clearly haven't been, but for me what seems to be working is cleaning the unseen portion of the tongue, reducing phlegm (my morning phlegm is thick and yellow and I reduce it until it runs clear, gargling anything helps to release it) and I'll revert to my pink salt in neti pot regime. My tongue is quite sore at the moment but only because the excitement has me agitating it too much. I do need to calm it down. Please do try the 'far back as you can go' gentle tongue cleaning technique and let us know how you get on. I'm feeling the most positive I ever have on this journey for THE cure.

Stevian
Junior

Re: My potential cure after over 30 years

Post by Stevian »

My own journey has been somewhat longer, about 50 years, and only recently getting a very good handle on my particular situation.
There are at least 2 things I read that make me cringe when I read other peoples’ accounts.

The first is the idea of THE cure, as if there’s one only source of serious halitosis. True, 80-90% of cases are from off-gassing of anaerobic oral bacteria, but that still leaves 10-20% from other sources.

The second is the idea of a “cure”. For the most common case, mentioned above, overgrowth (biofilm) of oral bacteria, there’s no cure as such, except possibly in cases of early detection and treatment, which very rarely happens. It sneaks up on a person, and by the time it’s detected and obvious, these bacteria are very resistant to complete eradication. They can grow back within hours.

Myself, I experienced significant improvement after treatment of my serious case of periodontitis, but the problem was still there, though of a lesser magnitude.
The rest, for me, has been about managing my oral environment, with extended oral hygiene, including tongue scraping, water-flossing, use of chlorhexadine and other mouthwashes in close social situations.
Stevian
Junior

Re: My potential cure after over 30 years

Post by Stevian »

cured31 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Couple of weeks ago I read something from John L Richter talking about curing bad breath predominantly through tongue scraping and the product they sell. I won't name the product, as I don't want to be accused of selling it. Anyway with nothing to lose I bought the product, it's vile but it works. However, what was most interesting for me was the tongue scraping. Now I scrape my tongue every day, have done for over 3 years with an ayurvedic scraper also spending time bringing up phlegm. However, these guys say to reach back into the back of your tongue until you gag. I may have done that in the early days but definitely not for as far back as I can remember.

I had bought their tongue scraper in their starter pack so rolling my eyes I tried it. The handle is not the best but the head is good and gets into all areas of the back of the tongue. I cannot lie what came from the back was the (sorry for tmi) thickest,foulest, yellowest grunge ever. I was gagging, eyes watering everything and seriously horrified at what I saw. It was like a build up of plaque on a different level and noticeably wasn't the same as what came from my 'main' tongue, ie the normal watery mucus like stuff. Repulsed I scraped harder, my tongue is still sore at the back, I overdid it. I spent about 10 minutes on my tongue and I then used their product and my mouth felt like it had never felt before - totally tingly clean. I haven't used their product diligently since as I am now focused on my tongue cleaning technique. If I do the back of my tongue 3 times a day then the build up is minimal, if I leave it 24 hours there is a noticeable build up but nothing as bad as the first time.

Yesterday I was out with my family and only one person held their nose, I think that was in anticipation of what might be coming lol. I had close up conversations with loads of people, no recoiling, no wide eyes, no itchy noses. I had scraped my tongue vigorously before I left - so it had two vigorous scrapings that day. It's only one situation but it is the most promising one I've had since I took antibiotics 7 years ago. I remember no one recoiled from me then, but I also remember sitting at my desk and feeling my tongue tingling as the bacteria 'grew back'.
Did you take the sonic irrigation treatment or did you just use the mouthwash?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic