Your Email Address:

First Name:

My diagnostic journey in 2022

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
telpar
Junior
My diagnostic journey in 2022

Post by telpar »

I did not undergo any medical examinations in 2021. Partly because of the Covid 19 pandemic and partly because of the frustration of previous attempts.
In 2022 I want to make new attempts, but following very specific rules that I impose on myself.

1) Only university clinics, with departments of oral medicine where research takes place. No private medical practice.
2) Only public health services (I am not going to spend money to avoid falling into the traps of shamans, wizards and other scammers). I live in Italy, and fortunately there is a public health service.
3) I will ask for a written diagnosis at each visit.
4) Before each visit I will inform myself about the research activities of those universities. I will prepare a list of questions. I will write the answers.
5) If I am offered drug therapy or surgery, I will listen to at least two other opinions before accepting. Furthermore, I would carefully study the scientific validity of the proposed therapy.

Then I will question other professors about the answers received. I will send e-mails to researchers, trying to delve into specific topics.

I am under no illusion that I will find a cure (although of course I hope so). But I would like, finally, a written diagnosis of halitosis and a university professor who tells me "I'm sorry, we don't know how to cure it yet".

On February 21, I will have my first medical examination.
Wish me good luck.
That's all.

telpar
Junior
Re: My diagnostic journey in 2022

Post by telpar »

No reply.

It means, I suppose, you think I'm going to waste time. :D
Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

telpar wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 am No reply.

There’s a saying about wasting time, telling people this or that is a waste of time, etc.

“Tell you what, I’ll let you waste your time your way, if you let me waste my time my way.”

Another way of saying or suggesting that in the cosmic sense everything is a waste of time..or not. :D
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

telpar wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 am No reply.

Not a waste of time as such but I fear you may be too hopeful about the extent to which doctors care about treating bad breath. Maybe it's different in Italy but 9 times out of 10 doctors will swear up and down that you don't smell bad. just to get you out of their office (while rubbing their nose or backing away from you). Maybe (I hope) you'll have some success at university clinics but I don't see public doctors taking the time to write you detailed reports because of bad breath.You should still try though if you're able. Good luck and I hope at least some people are willing to listen.
Speranza
Total Newbie

Post by Speranza »

Anche io sono italiano fammi sapere come procede
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Speranza wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:10 am Anche io sono italiano fammi sapere come procede
Restiamo in contatto se ti va ;)

(Let's keep in touch if you like)
Speranza
Total Newbie

Post by Speranza »

Ok per me va bene scrivimi in privato
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic