Your Email Address:

First Name:

Where you can do a selenbp1 test?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Redazzz

Where you can do a selenbp1 test?

Post by Redazzz »

Hi, i'm from italy and have oral and nasal fecal bb from when i have memory. Or at least from when i was 10/11 years old, before i don't remember exactly. It also comes with bad taste in the mouth that let me think it isn't selenbp1 but who knows.
I have post nasal drip i don't know if it is for my allergies or if is a consequence for the bb or my acid reflux. Yeah i have it all ](*,)

I'm asking for selenbp1 because i've tryed almost everything, i think i have already spent atleast 4k trying various test, medicine, special clinics, supplements etc etc (we have almost free healthcare in italy).
Nothing has ever worked and not even improved a bit my bb, or at least not enough to notice the difference (i can smell it).

I think i have until my next birthday in august until a mental breakdown, i can't have gf, friends, talking or stay near parents, work etc and this was pretty much my entire life.
I want to try this test because if it come back negative i will regain hope which, as today, i totally lost, if it comes back positive i will simply accept that i can't have a normal life ever and act accordingly, maybe i will first try something to reduce it to livable levels or maybe i will buy a farm and end my days here with a bunch of drugs and bitches, i will probably die early but at that point who cares. Maybe both.

Sorry for the long and bad written post.
So, anyone know where I can take this type of genetic test? If in person possibly in europe.
I know it cost like 700€ but i'm at that point which i will go homeless to cure it.

Cres
Junior

Re: Where you can do a selenbp1 test?

Post by Cres »

Contact your local healthcare center first because the test might not even cost you anything. Back in 2015 I sent samples directly to an English clinic for a TMAU test and it cost a lot, only to later find out that my local hospital's rare disease division, which offers the same test, consults the same clinic directly! So I did a re-test there to confirm the negative test result.

The hospital was local as in, in my country, not the same city. But traveling 180 km via train is worth it. So check many hospitals in your country first and see what they offer.

Blueprint Genetics offers the SELENBP1 single gene test.
https://blueprintgenetics.com/tests/sin ... gene-test/
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Redazzz

Post by Redazzz »

Thank you.
You seems to have my same bb, have you found something that al least make it go away for a few hours?
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

Redazzz wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:37 am Thank you.
You seems to have my same bb, have you found something that al least make it go away for a few hours?
No, as far as I can tell, nothing has helped or even masked the problem, but I placed an order for sodium molybdate pills (read the molybdenum thread in this forum). I find them quite promising but as always, I have no high hopes for anything.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
Redazzz

Post by Redazzz »

Same... do you have gut/stomach problems?

I have to try thyroid related problems, i've read that they can cause bb but almost zero hope from me too.
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

I have an esophageal sphincter which is kind of loose in the reverse direction (going up from stomach) but I was told it is common. I have little to no stomach problems, except sometimes food and even liquids don't pass into the stomach. But this only started recently.

I also suspected thyroid problems but for a different reason: I'm nearly always tired, low energy. I've been told I snore quite loudly and sometimes pause my breathing for many seconds while I sleep, so I probably have sleep apnea.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
Redazzz

Post by Redazzz »

When you do the test for thyroid post an update if you notice improvement, meanwhile you can try iodine supplements i read that for someone helped a lot. I'll receive it tomorrow or next week.

For the snore it come from your nose or mouth, if you sleep with your mouth open could also be a possible cause because bacteria enter the mouth and colonize the oral tract. Another thing i want to try is to correct this thing.
Probably you already heard it i'm just trying to figure possible non-common causes/solutions with you. But there is also to say that if it is a bacteria problems probiotic, antibiotic and chlorexidine should help which is not my case and, as I understood, neither yours.

You have bad taste in the mouth like me?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic