Your Email Address:

First Name:

Passing bb to your children?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Kale33
Total Newbie

Passing bb to your children?

Post by Kale33 »

Hello everyone

I saw a few posts about how some passed their bb to their children. I just wanted to know if this is true across the board? My parents don’t have bb and none of my siblings do it’s just me and I’ve had it since I was 18 I’m 29 now. Is there i high chance I could pass it along if I have children?

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: Passing bb to your children?

Post by StillHoping »

My father had bb and both myself and sibling got it, seems very likely. This is also a big concern for me, after reading these posts - I am thinking it may be best not to have kids unless a cure is found.

Although in your situation, maybe it will be less likely since none of your parents had it?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Kale33
Total Newbie

Post by Kale33 »

I honestly have no idea about the chances but I’m with you on waiting to find my cure. Thanks for sharing ❤️
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

I wouldn’t say this is definitely true. My parents and grandparents don’t have it. My dad has paradontosis so he ocasionally gets bad bread but the smell is not fecal and is detectable from only a small distance, if he speaks right to your face (it’s not strong enough to make someone step back or something) and it rarely happens. Although my mom’s feet smell funky, her breath is just fine. It could be some gene but it manifested different in my case (her feet- my mouth) but it’s a completely different smell so I wouldn’t bet on it.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Kale33 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm Hello everyone

I saw a few posts about how some passed their bb to their children. I just wanted to know if this is true across the board? My parents don’t have bb and none of my siblings do it’s just me and I’ve had it since I was 18 I’m 29 now. Is there i high chance I could pass it along if I have children?
IMO, and it's just an opinion; but if your parent/s passed it on to you then there is a good 99.999% chance that you will pass it on to your kids or grand kids or their kids etc.
You don't have much of a control if this shit is deeply rooted in your genes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic