Your Email Address:

First Name:

Why does stress make it worse?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Anne2323
Junior

Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Anne2323 »

I had an stressful exam today. Did my scraping, brushing everything routine and went to college. The exam was 2 hours long, I called an uber afterwards and went home. The uber driver had a really bad reaction when I talked, covered his nose instantly, started coughing and immediately opened the window.

I never get those reactions two hours after my routine. Also, I could feel my tongue was ‘dirty’ I guess- I think you guys know what I’m talking about- I don’t have tongue coating but when I wake up I have some white build-up on my tongue that I can scrape easily.

I remember I had an oral exam last year and I could feel my tongue getting ‘dirty’ , just a weird feeling on my tongue. -stressful exam-

So it is related to stress somehow but why? Is it tmau? I haven’t been tested- the odor isn’t fishy -

Any ideas why stress makes it worse? Could you help me identify the cause of my bad breath?

Redazzz

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Redazzz »

The most easy link is stress dry your mouth and lower saliva levels increase your bb but can be anything else, if you don't have a diagnosis is hard to tell.
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

Thank you!
spyr

Post by spyr »

Redazzz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 pm The most easy link is stress dry your mouth and lower saliva levels increase your bb but can be anything else, if you don't have a diagnosis is hard to tell.
It's actually true, but it might be even deeper than that.

I have room filling bb and sometimes when there are strong reactions I try to relax by calming my breathing with my diaphragm, and the reactions almost disappear.

But the thing is it's so difficult to relax when people are reacting to your bb.
rema
Total Newbie

Post by rema »

Dry mouth in a stressful situation happens to everyone.

We have to maintain good hydration.
2 litres per day minimum.
It’s handy to have sugar and mint free gum on hand.
(eg strawberry/berry)
Please see my previous posts on:
NutriBiotic Sinus Nasal Spray with Grapefruit Seed Extract -
It really is amazing. Thoughts with all on this family great forum!🥰
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

rema wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm Please see my previous posts on:
NutriBiotic Sinus Nasal Spray with Grapefruit Seed Extract -
It really is amazing.
Not sure if this is some kind of product placement but I’ve seen your posts and I want to try a nasal spray with grapefruit seed extract- not the one from NutriBiotic though. My nose is always stuffy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic