Your Email Address:

First Name:

My routine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kira_kira

My routine

Post by kira_kira »

I want to share with you what I use for important occasions or events only...This is not a cure, just a short-time solution, which may help someone
As you know, after using antibacterial mouthwashes for too long, bacteria in your mouth will develop resistance against them...And so was in my case...Many years ago I was experimenting with different antibacterial agents. I tried them all and I found only 2 agents effective in killing my specific bacteria- chlorhexidine and zinc lactate and as I was stupid and inexperienced, i started using them on daily basis. Of course, after some time they completely stopped working....
One night I found information about povidone-iodine...It's an antiseptic, that surgeons widely use and on the market it can be found under different brand names. After that I decided to give it a shot and, to my big surprise, I saw some good results...Now for me this is the last thing, which can make me BB free for 2-4 hours, when I really need it and it helped me a lot, when i was taking my driving lessons and had to sit very close to my instructor 2 years ago...So if you have tried everything and nothing works anymore, then try this. I will describe my routine and how I use it below..
A little bit about my BB type: It's ABSOLUTELY terrible....It originates on my tongue and when I lick my hand, it smells like vinegar+sewage. There's no this terrible vinegary smell if I smell my used floss or saliva taken from teeth or cheeks, only from tongue. I also have no problems with gums.
So here's my routine:
1)I clean my teeth with electric toothbrush
2)For cleaning my tongue I use (very important)ORABRUSH. I don't find any other scrapers more effective in this!!!They don't remove all stuff, which is hiding inside and between the tiny tongue bristles!!! Usually it takes me 15-20min. to make my tongue clean and pink again. Sometimes I start scraping and after 1min. I realise that nothing is coming off anymore. At this point it's important not to stop and keep scraping. I dip my Orabrush into water and keep scraping with short and fast movements, and after some time there'll be coming off more and more endless white stuff. I keep doing it until my tongue is completely clean. Only after deep tongue cleaning with Orabrush I had positive effects of using mouthwash
3)At this point I take my povidone-iodine solution. You can take any brand, but make sure that it's at least 10% of povidone-iodine or more. Personally I found a japanese mouthwash on Ebay, which contains it and for me it works better than other brands(maybe because of its combination with ethanol)
Though they recommend to use it diluted with water, I use it UNDILUTED and gargle for 10 minutes!
That's it!
Also make sure to swish your mouth and gargle with clean water after using it, because accumulation of iodine in your body is not desirable for your thyroid....!
Unlike others, I can feel my own BB,so I can tell, when it disappears...I can also easily tell it by the feeling in my mouth...And after doing this routine my mouth feels very clean and fresh, I don't have any reactions from other people, including my driving instructor, who was sitting next to me in the car so many times

kira_kira

Re: My routine

Post by kira_kira »

Also I want to add, that I had positive effect of using Listerine "Nightly reset" and the one in pink bottle. Except these two, other Listerines never worked for me, but these two were really good and made me BB free for 2-2,5hours (only after deep tongue cleaning with Orabrush, as I described) Though 2 hours is not much, but at least it makes some relief in case of important event(work interview or meeting with friend)
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

I resigned from my work recently and I'm planning to stay home and receive unemployment benefit from government, so I can be at home for the next 3 or 4 months and experiment with my diet...I never had opportunity to follow any diet so serious, only some short time, during my vacation time. From my own experience, I can definetly say, that SUGAR and EVERYTHING what contains it, is the biggest trigger for my specific BB type. Even knowing, that it's my trigger, I couldn't stop eating it earlier,because at any time, when I was outside home(work,shop or in train), I had to eat sugar containing strong mints(I NEVER EVER talk to people without my STRONGEST mints in my mouth)...... Now, when I can rest at home, I don't need to meet people so often and I can finally do my things. I also have read so many people experience about changing their diet here on forum during these years, which was interesting to know.
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

When I clean my tongue with Orabrush, I take a little piece of gauze and pull out my tongue with my fingers and try to relax my tongue as much as possible....It helps to reach the very back part of it(where the most bacteria live)....Sometimes I also wrap my index finger with gauze and scrape the parts, which can't be reached with Orabrush(inside throat,sorry)
StillHopeful
Total Newbie

Post by StillHopeful »

Thank you for sharing! I will definitely try the iodine mouthwash.
rema
Total Newbie

Post by rema »

Thank you for sharing.

I have found an amazing product in the last week.
Nasal Spray with Grapefruit Seed Extract.
Made by NutriBiotic. I reckon I’ve tried everything known to man and have had BB for as long as I can remember.
I’ve prayed every day for a cure. This is the best I’ve used.
It seems to dissolve the bio-film. I suffer PND and bio-film seems to sit in my throat.
StillHopeful
Total Newbie

Post by StillHopeful »

rema wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:59 pm Thank you for sharing.

Made by NutriBiotic. I reckon I’ve tried everything known to man and have had BB for as long as I can remember.
It seems to dissolve the bio-film. I suffer PND and bio-film seems to sit in my throat.
Hey! Is the spray still working?
ryan

Post by ryan »

hi, I'm new here. This is my first time commenting here. I also tried povidone iodine(only for treating wounds, not a mouthwash) 10 % solution (undiluted) and it has promising effect. i have both nasal and mouth bb. But in the first week of using it, i didn't receive any reaction. I thought I've just found my cure. I'm really sure that there's a change because my co teachers were talking to me and i felt something different the way they treat me and interact with me. But after taking almost half of the bottle solution, it came back unexpectedly. So i believed that the solution lost its strength in a period of time and the bacteria became resistant. its sad. Btw, I'm from the Philippines.
ryan

Post by ryan »

I think it has something to do with my post nasal drip cause by adenoiditis and tonsil stones.
ryan

Post by ryan »

The Betadine(Povidone iodine) mouth wash is not effective. You need to make sure it has 10% solution, undiluted and gargle, spit and don't wash with water. Go outside, observe the reaction of people around you, don't talk first, so you can prove that it can treat nasal bb. Then if you are comfortable try to talk to someone and observe their reaction. It can only last an hour maybe, once the pnd overtakes again, gargle again. It depends on you its trial and error. Perhaps the only mistake that i made was overdoing it because I'm so conscious that time until the bacteria became resistant. Try it in your own risk, try the small one 15 or 30 ml. If you are from the Philippines, the name is RHEA, PHILUSA. I just want to remind you that this is not the cure. I only tried it once and thinking of trying it again. I'm just glad that someone in the comment section also tried that with the same result as i am.
it has no side effect and doesn't burn your mouth.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

rema wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:59 pm Thank you for sharing.

How about Throat Spray with GSE by NutriBiotic?

https://www.amazon.com/NutriBiotic-Soot ... B0009MSTX4

Have you tried that?
Beast
Junior

Post by Beast »

I tried Betadine, but I was so worried it would stain my teeth because of its strong coloring. I just got veneers, so I don’t want to risk it. Even when I just brushed it on my tongue, it would get on my teeth.
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

ryan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:22 am The Betadine(Povidone iodine) mouth wash is not effective. You need to make sure it has 10% solution, undiluted and gargle, spit and don't wash with water. Go outside, observe the reaction of people around you, don't talk first, so you can prove that it can treat nasal bb. Then if you are comfortable try to talk to someone and observe their reaction. It can only last an hour maybe, once the pnd overtakes again, gargle again. It depends on you its trial and error. Perhaps the only mistake that i made was overdoing it because I'm so conscious that time until the bacteria became resistant. Try it in your own risk, try the small one 15 or 30 ml. If you are from the Philippines, the name is RHEA, PHILUSA. I just want to remind you that this is not the cure. I only tried it once and thinking of trying it again. I'm just glad that someone in the comment section also tried that with the same result as i am.
it has no side effect and doesn't burn your mouth.
I'm sorry,that it doesn't work to you anymore.As I said,you can't use antibacterial agents on daily basis,because bacteria will get resistant very fast.That's why it's better to preserve their effectiveness for rare use
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

Beast wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:12 am I tried Betadine, but I was so worried it would stain my teeth because of its strong coloring. I just got veneers, so I don’t want to risk it. Even when I just brushed it on my tongue, it would get on my teeth.
I had no problems with coloring

Last bumped by kira_kira on Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:23 pm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic