Your Email Address:

First Name:

Searching for a cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
abreezy
Total Newbie

Searching for a cure

Post by abreezy »

I stumbled across this forum and I am making a post in the hope someone can help. I have had bad breath recently for a few months. It smells fecal and I also have a white tongue which I scrape every time after I eat as well as brushing it 2-3x a day and flossing. My breath always smells bad 30 minutes or so after brushing, however if I put my hand over my mouth people can rarely smell it. I know it is not nasal though. I have had a slight issue of bad breath since I was younger, however I barely used to brush my teeth then and it wouldn’t smell after I brushed my teeth so I am thinking it is an issue of bacteria. The dentist said my breath was fine and the doctor prescribed me Nystatin for my tongue, however did not say whether it was thrush or not. I would appreciate any tips and if anyone needs more info that they think would help them, please ask

Redazzz

Re: Searching for a cure

Post by Redazzz »

Have you changed something in your life/routine recently? Like foods, medications, everything.
More stress/anxiety?
Do you feel your mouth dry (especially in the morning)?

If you think it's from the mouth you should check with a Periodontist for gums problems.

Do a saliva culture to check for specific known bacteria.

If your dentist say nothing is wrong with your breath while you can undeniably smell it (or other people can) you should change it, dentists that lie on your face don't help with diagnosis.

White tongue is a new symptoms or you had it before bb?
If it's new you should also check with a lingual tampon for fungi.

Write down everything you try, what improve/worsen your bb, symptoms etc. it will help.
Also use the search function, this forum is a great database, don't get overwhelmed by what you read, stay focus and analyze logically the situation.
abreezy
Total Newbie

Re: Searching for a cure

Post by abreezy »

I was on antibiotics for 6 months which is why the doctor prescribed Nystatin. I have no idea whether my white tongue is new or old, but I am leaning to old as I would have recognized if it appeared suddenly one day. Yes however, my mouth does feel dry in the morning however I thought that would be normal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic