Your Email Address:

First Name:

Possible cause - pinworms

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ripa
Total Newbie

Possible cause - pinworms

Post by ripa »

Long story short:
I got info from my kids daycare that someone in the group has had pinworms and everybody needs to consider taking the meds for it as a precaution (including all family members). And that's what we did because I just wanted to make sure we don't have them (we didn't have any symptoms). And a few days after the first dose I noticed that I haven't gotten any reactions to my breath for several days. That lasted for almost two weeks and then I started to get a lot of reactions again (for two says). Then I took the next dose (yesterday) and guess what: today zero reactions again today.

This may be just a coincidence but I googled this and it actually seems that I may have accidentally found a possible cause and a cure: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamape ... cle/203960

I took the same medicine (Mebendazole) as was used in the research but, who knows, maybe the over-the-counter meds would do the trick as well?

It also seems that pinworms are really common these days. At least 20-30 % of children have them according to some studies. And I'm pretty sure they are common in adults, too. They spread so easily. And you can live with them for years without even noticing.

I hope this helps. I don't know (yet) if this is my cause and cure or if this will fail just like everything else has failed. But I guess it's worth telling and maybe trying. At least if you have small kids.

Grateful
Junior

Re: Possible cause - pinworms

Post by Grateful »

Nice to hear this. I really really hope and would pray to God that this becomes your permanent cure. What dosage of the above tablet did you take ? And you took it once in 15 days ( 2 times so far ) right ? Thanks for sharing this.
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

Thank you for your support. I have had so many disappointments over the years I've had this problem, so I've become very sceptic about all these possible cures and I try not to give false hope to myself or anyone else. But of course I'm hoping to have found my cure. Or maybe this will help someone else, who knows.

I was prescribed 2 doses of Vermox, which is 100 mg Mebendazole each. And yes, they should be taken about 2-3 weeks apart because the first pill kills off the living worms (but not eggs) and the second pill is for the eggs that will mature after the first pill. I took them maybe 14 or 15 days apart and had reactions to my breath the day before the second dose. To my understanding, Mebendazole should be very safe, so I think I will take a third dose after maybe 3 weeks to make sure I don't get re-infected (despite all the cleaning I'm sure there are eggs everywhere in our house).

I believe there are at least three possible explanations why Mebendazole seems to help:
1) Maybe I actually had pinworms and the first dose killed them off. Then after two weeks the remaining eggs had matured and that's why I started to get reactions to my breath again.
2) Maybe I had some other kind of parasites/worms (like liver flukes that someone on this forum started an interesting thread about). I know Mebendazole can be prescribed to treat some other worms as well - liver flukes too - but I think the dosage should be bigger in those cases.
3) Maybe the pill treated something else in my gut? Maybe it kills off some bacteria as well (I have no idea if this is even possible)?

If it's just pinworms, the over-the-counter medicine (I think it's called Pyrantel) should work as well.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

Back in 2016 a doctor had prescribed me a set of meds for stomach and bb issues. Mebex 100 (Mebendazole) was one of them. The others were Emeset, Providac, Domstal and Metrogyl 400….3-4 days into those meds I got severely constipated. Stomach ached like anything. It seemed everything got standstill and stuck in the body. So I stopped all of them. I am already taking an anti parasite herb mixture so am confused whether to take this or wait at least for a month for the herb mixture to show results.

Last year I had fever and the doctor had prescribed me Domstal along with nasal drops n a cough syrup. Either one or two or the combination of the above three worked in tandem and cured my bb for a week. Eventually it came back once I had stopped all of them.

Simultaneously am going for colon cleansing as well which so far haven’t shown any results except that the taste of the food I eat doesn’t linger longer in my mouth. It feels neutral after sometime.

I think I will wait for 2 more weeks with the herbal thing and then try Mebex. Till then you too will get clarity about the same. All your points makes sense especially point no. 1 regarding the eggs.

Both colon cleansing and herbal tincture cured someone in the forum and she gave a detailed explanation for the same in another post. So am following the same and it’s very much in line with what you have taken n seen results.

Thanks again. Stay blessed
thejust

Post by thejust »

ripa wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:01 pm Long story short:
I got info from my kids daycare that someone in the group has had pinworms and everybody needs to consider taking the meds for it as a precaution (including all family members). And that's what we did because I just wanted to make sure we don't have them (we didn't have any symptoms). And a few days after the first dose I noticed that I haven't gotten any reactions to my breath for several days. That lasted for almost two weeks and then I started to get a lot of reactions again (for two says). Then I took the next dose (yesterday) and guess what: today zero reactions again today.

This may be just a coincidence but I googled this and it actually seems that I may have accidentally found a possible cause and a cure: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamape ... cle/203960

I took the same medicine (Mebendazole) as was used in the research but, who knows, maybe the over-the-counter meds would do the trick as well?

It also seems that pinworms are really common these days. At least 20-30 % of children have them according to some studies. And I'm pretty sure they are common in adults, too. They spread so easily. And you can live with them for years without even noticing.

I hope this helps. I don't know (yet) if this is my cause and cure or if this will fail just like everything else has failed. But I guess it's worth telling and maybe trying. At least if you have small kids.
I got a question, how was your bb like how did it smell like? and was it room filling or nah
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

I don't smell it myself, so I don't really know but, based on some comments, i believe it's fecal. Lick test smell is cheesy. I don't know if it's room filling but it's strong and can be smelled from a long distance (several meters). Also, not everybody can smell it, which is really weird.

My breath also makes people rub their eyes, so i have this "people are allergic to me" thing too.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

ripa wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:11 am I don't smell it myself, so I don't really know but, based on some comments, i believe it's fecal. Lick test smell is cheesy. I don't know if it's room filling but it's strong and can be smelled from a long distance (several meters). Also, not everybody can smell it, which is really weird.

My breath also makes people rub their eyes, so i have this "people are allergic to me" thing too.
Do you follow any elimination diet in general or did you follow one while on Mebendazole ? Keep us updated about the status of your bb once in a while.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

Hey Ripa,

Status update pls. 😃
thejust

Post by thejust »

ripa wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:11 am I don't smell it myself, so I don't really know but, based on some comments, i believe it's fecal. Lick test smell is cheesy. I don't know if it's room filling but it's strong and can be smelled from a long distance (several meters). Also, not everybody can smell it, which is really weird.

I don't smell it myself too and my bb smells like feces and cheese from what people have said and its room filling.

I have a question, can I find the pinworms medicine on amazon?
thejust

Post by thejust »

Another question, did you have to talk for people to smell your bb or was it when you weren't talking too
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

Update: I don't think this was a permanent cure for me. I have had a lot of reactions again. I took both types of meds (Mebendazole and Pyrantel) to be sure. I'll take 1 or 2 more doses but I don't expect them to make any difference. Just making sure I'll get rid of any worms if there was any.

However, even if this failed on me, like it seems to have done, I still think this may be the cure for some. After all I did find the research paper about this connection between pinworms and bad breath (the link is in my original posting).

I don't know if you can buy any of the meds from Amazon. Maybe try searching them there? I would, however, be very cautious about buying any medicine online. I know Mebendazole is available over the counter in some countries but in my country (in Europe) you need a prescription for it. I think, in most countries, Pyrantel is easier to get.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic