Your Email Address:

First Name:

Please read if you are thinking of getting a tonsilectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hallytoesis
United States of America

Please read if you are thinking of getting a tonsilectomy

Post by hallytoesis »

Hi!

I don't ever want someone to go through what I went through with my tonsillectomy. The surgery itself wasnt even bad- it was the entire mental toll that it took on me.

After almost a dozen meetings with ENTS, traveling to all of these offices, tons of different tests, I was FINALLY approved to get my tonsils removed. I was CERTAIN that my BB was due to my tonsils. I had awful smelling tonsil stones and they smelled exactly like how I know my BB smells. Once I finally got that removed, I had to take time off of work to recover. SO many years, months, hours invested into this procedure. All for nothing.

The BB remained the exact same. It was one of the biggest mental tolls I had ever faced. Going through years of back and forth with so many doctors about my tonsils, trying medications for them, and finally going under to get them taken out. All of this to not effect the BB at all.

Like many of you, I had read success stories of people removing their tonsils and their BB is cured. This will most likely NOT be your solution if you:

1. Removed some of your tonsil stones (pushing them out on your own) and the BB persists
Typically, people with tonsil stone issues have BB only when they have a tonsil stone or two. Once they get them out, the BB is gone.

2. If gargling salt water does not help

The important thing to note here is that Gerd, post-nasal drop, acid reflux all contribute TO creating tonsil stones. Meaning- you don't have bad breath because you have tonsil stones, you have tonsil stones BECAUSE you have bad breath.

I should have known that this would not be my fix since most of my family suffers from tonsillitis and tonsil stones and NONE of them have permanent BB. I am sure they do if they have a stone here and there. Makes sense. But they do not experience anything close to what we do. The months leading up to my tonsillectomy I was excited, optimistic, I had never felt so hopeful in my life. I am still mourning the sadness to this day.

I hope this helps at least one person. Of course, do you research and make your own conclusions. But please take this into consideration.

Lotusflower
Total Newbie

Re: Please read if you are thinking of getting a tonsilectomy

Post by Lotusflower »

That is exactly what I have experienced. I found the brand Bristle Health. You can send them your saliva and find out what kind of bad bugs are in your mouth. Hope it helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic