Your Email Address:

First Name:

mouthwash make my BB worse

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Just4life
mouthwash make my BB worse

Post by Just4life »

Anyone noticed that mouthwash make BB stronger? I was using Corsodyl for few days and I believe it makes my breath more sticky. Maybe that's "die off" symptoms?

Regards

Just4life

Still fighting and looking for the cure...

Stevian
Junior

Re: mouthwash make my BB worse

Post by Stevian »

Just4life wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:03 am Anyone noticed that mouthwash make BB stronger? I was using Corsodyl for few days and I believe it makes my breath more sticky. Maybe that's "die off" symptoms?

Regards

Just4life

No, that’s literally impossible for Corsodyl (0.2% cx) to actually make one’s breath worse. It can and will gradually lose effectiveness if overused, but no.
Tee

Post by Tee »

Just4life wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:03 am Anyone noticed that mouthwash make BB stronger? I was using Corsodyl for few days and I believe it makes my breath more sticky. Maybe that's "die off" symptoms?

Regards

Just4life

Hydrogen peroxide (H202), therabreath Max strength, and mouthwashes in general, irrespective of the price tags made my BB 10x worse. Amazingly the same worked for most folks, even temporarily.

I've got room filling BB and Strong Nasal BB(which) I'm quite sure it's systemic/extraoral), don't know how a mouthwash can make it worse if it's not an oral source problem. Can someone explain?
Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

Tee wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Regards

Just4life

Hydrogen peroxide (H202), therabreath Max strength, and mouthwashes in general, irrespective of the price tags made my BB 10x worse. Amazingly the same worked for most folks, even temporarily.

I've got room filling BB and Strong Nasal BB(which) I'm quite sure it's systemic/extraoral), don't know how a mouthwash can make it worse if it's not an oral source problem. Can someone explain?
I dunno.I’ve had reasonable short term success with Therabreath Max, say 60 minutes, if gargled for 30-45 seconds after brushing, flossing and tongue scraping.

To say mouthwashes make your bb 10x worse, that frankly seems hyperbolic. Yes, a dry mouth can, if sandpaper dry, result in severe bb, but Therabreath Max nor any other Therabreath product result in dry mouth. As far as extra-oral bb, it’s not gonna have any effect one way or the other.
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Same for me with mouth washes - i get instant reactions after using it some helped a little in the beginning but now they all suck and make it worse yeah....
I think you harm good bacteria with it aswell and the bad ones take over quicker so it gets worse
spyr

Post by spyr »

Stevian wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:02 pm

Regards

Just4life

No, that’s literally impossible for Corsodyl (0.2% cx) to actually make one’s breath worse. It can and will gradually lose effectiveness if overused, but no.
Of course it is possible. Using strong mouthwash is creating really resistant bacteria species in your mouth. So when you use mouthwash, it will kill beneficial bacteria and the "bad" bacteria will take over everything during hours.

Of course it is not as simple as that. We are talking about billions of bacteria.
Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

spyr wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:47 am
Stevian wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:02 pm

Regards

Just4life

Of course it is possible. Using strong mouthwash is creating really resistant bacteria species in your mouth. So when you use mouthwash, it will kill beneficial bacteria and the "bad" bacteria will take over everything during hours.

Of course it is not as simple as that. We are talking about billions of bacteria.
Thanks for that - a scenario I had not considered.
No, not as simple as that.
Billions of bacteria, in total numbers, yes.
Apparently about 5 billion or so at any given time, unless immediately following use of an antibacterial agent.
About 700 known species of oral bacteria, and the average person will typically have a 200 species.
I remember reading that there’re about a dozen or so species of gram negative bacteria that’re associated with intra-oral malodor.
Samira
Total Newbie

Post by Samira »

Regards

Just4life

A long-time lurker here...

Yes, I have this problem, too. Certain toothpastes have this effect on my breath also, and chewing gum (sugar-free), so I attribute it to some kind of flavouring, maybe? My dentist is adamant that my mouth is not the source of my oral malodour (and reckons he cannot smell a thing, which is infuriating).
AirMike
Total Newbie

Post by AirMike »

It is most likely due to sweeteners, mouthwash, chewing gum and toothpaste have that in common. I think the very back of everyone's tongue is what causes the oral and nasal BB for most people. I prefer to use the most disgusting tasting toothpaste and avoid everything with unnatural sugar. I can smell my nasal bb when it gets really bad so I'm sure this helps to some extent.
hopelovefaith

Post by hopelovefaith »

try povedine iodine oral wash . most white colored mouthwash products are not effective
hopelovefaith

Post by hopelovefaith »

xylitol and tamarind supplements are the best boosters of saliva production. gerd is the ultimate root cause of halitosis. it’s a silent disease and quite hard to diagnose. drink probiotics for gerd if you want to be normal again
hopelovefaith

Post by hopelovefaith »

AirMike wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:35 am It is most likely due to sweeteners, mouthwash, chewing gum and toothpaste have that in common. I think the very back of everyone's tongue is what causes the oral and nasal BB for most people. I prefer to use the most disgusting tasting toothpaste and avoid everything with unnatural sugar. I can smell my nasal bb when it gets really bad so I'm sure this helps to some extent.
white tongue = number one sign of gerd
gerd is also the root cause of nasal breath and fecal breath
gerd is the side effect of drinking too much milk and too much pharma meds
Uber
Total Newbie
United States of America

Post by Uber »

Yes mouth washes make my breath much worse as well.

I just started using XYLITOL and what a difference it makes. It does not stop or cure bad breath. I suspect it helps with bad breath coming from your mouth. It hydrates my mouth and plaque does not stick to my teeth the way it does with out xylitol. I dye my teeth and then scrape the plaque off. With xylitol there is much less plaque to scrape off and it scrapes off easily.

I take a xylitol losange before bed and let it melt in my mouth while I sleep. I wake up feeling as if I already brushed my teeth. Usually I would wake up with a super dry and sticky mouth. It feels like I am breathing out hot air.

I chew the gum during the day. Again my breath still smells but my mouth at least feels good and hydrated. I'm hoping it will stop my gums from receding because the plaque is no longer sticking to my teeth near the gum line.

I brush with baking soda and then xylitol. Again this maybe reduces bad breath but this is just more for oral care. I believe my breath is coming from my stomach. But the bad breath from my gut is affecting my tongue/teeth (white tongue).

Xylitol works great for me and its inching me closer to figuring this thing out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic