Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nasal bb and balloon sinuplasty

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Beast
Junior

Nasal bb and balloon sinuplasty

Post by Beast »

I have had severe bb for decades. Doctors have ruled out stomach issues, colon, SIBO, GERD, mouth, tongue and teeth. One of the many treatments for my breath I have tried was balloon sinuplasty. I wanted to try this because the bb also comes from my nose, not just my mouth. So my exhales smell and I’m not even talking, just breathing normally. The procedure was painful even though I was given some anesthesia. Over the next couple of days the bb got even worse, so bad no one could even sit next to me and the whole room smelled like my breath. People were smelling it just standing next to me. After a few weeks of this, the smell died down and my bb went back to its normal bad self. It’s very offensive but I wasn’t causing the whole room to smell anymore. I told the ENT I still had symptoms, mainly the bb, and he offered to do the procedure again. I didn’t do it because I don’t want the bb to get that bad again. Does anyone have a theory as to why my bb would get even 10 times worst after the sinuplasty? My sinuses were supposed to start draining after the procedure, but I don’t know where the smell was coming from. The CT scan of my sinuses was normal, no polyps or rhinoliths or anything like that.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Nasal bb and balloon sinuplasty

Post by Jimi Stein »

maybe more air coming inside your nose, causing bacteria to multiply more, causing more smell...or maybe it had drying effect because more air was coming in.....and that caused dryer environment resulting in more smell....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Ghana3

Post by Ghana3 »

Beast wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:58 am I have had severe bb for decades. Doctors have ruled out stomach issues, colon, SIBO, GERD, mouth, tongue and teeth. One of the many treatments for my breath I have tried was balloon sinuplasty. I wanted to try this because the bb also comes from my nose, not just my mouth. So my exhales smell and I’m not even talking, just breathing normally. The procedure was painful even though I was given some anesthesia. Over the next couple of days the bb got even worse, so bad no one could even sit next to me and the whole room smelled like my breath. People were smelling it just standing next to me. After a few weeks of this, the smell died down and my bb went back to its normal bad self. It’s very offensive but I wasn’t causing the whole room to smell anymore. I told the ENT I still had symptoms, mainly the bb, and he offered to do the procedure again. I didn’t do it because I don’t want the bb to get that bad again. Does anyone have a theory as to why my bb would get even 10 times worst after the sinuplasty? My sinuses were supposed to start draining after the procedure, but I don’t know where the smell was coming from. The CT scan of my sinuses was normal, no polyps or rhinoliths or anything like that.
I know that feeling, the excitement before surgery followed by disappointment after.

I had 2 laser session supposed to remove tonsil stones ( unsuccessful), then had to get a complete tonsillectomy, 4 wisdom teeth the same year hoping that all these operations could eventually cure me. None of them succeeded. So I focused on the sinuses, x ray scanners showed no infection, pus or inflammation. I still flush them twice every day probably helps psychologically thinking it could miraculously cure nose bb?…

I recently read the story of a member of this forum who has suffered from Halitosis for 24 years, who finally found a cure with the low to no carb/sugar diet basically keto diet. I will give it a try this week and focus on what goes into my body first ; I have rarely seen a member cure bad breath after a tonsillectomy, sinus or oral surgeries. Visiting doctors for bb is basically a waste of time, they mostly never take it seriously…
Beast
Junior

Post by Beast »

You’re right, doctors don’t take bb seriously. It’s like they don’t understand what a handicap it is.
I tried all kinds of different diets, once several years back I tried being a vegan for 2 years and also never ate sugar. Nothing changed. I know some people on here have said there is no cure, so just try to manage it. I just can’t accept that I will always be this way. I won’t stop searching for a cure. I’ve tried 100 different things but I will keep trying. The only thing I can do is make my mouth not feel so sour. OraMD helps with that, but it does little for my bb. I also take mouth probiotics, Blis K-12, and it actually worked for a few days when I first started taking it, then it stopped working. So, yeah.
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Post by the_winter_soldier »

Hi Beast, i didn't see you mention H.Pylori, did you test for that?
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
Beast
Junior

Post by Beast »

Yes, I did in fact test positive for H Pylori and was on triple therapy antibiotics for 3 months. I was tested again and was negative. The smell was not caused by H Pylori, because it was still there after testing negative. My gastroenterologist said in his experience, H Pylori doesn’t smell.
theo433
Total Newbie

Post by theo433 »

hey beast, ive been reading up on your journey and was wondering how your journey is going, are you still making progress or is it stagnaant? kind regards
Beast
Junior

Post by Beast »

I don’t have H Pylori or sinus issue anymore. I am still trying to fight the problem with probiotics and holistic methods. Nothing else works, strong mouthwashes make the problem worse by killing good bacteria. It’s better to use a probiotic mouthwash
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic