Your Email Address:

First Name:

Help and advice please! Potential oral issue?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
dm31
Total Newbie
Great Britain

Help and advice please! Potential oral issue?

Post by dm31 »

Hi everyone! Just want to thank you all for this forum! It’s been so useful in my journey.

Here’s a little background on me. I won’t bore you all with the social trauma of having BB - I know we’re all going through the same!

I think mine started around aged 11 (I’m 25 now), when a classmate told me my breath stunk! Since then, I have been extremely paranoid and relied on gum and mints pretty much the entire way through school.

In terms of the BB I have, I’m not entirely sure if it’s room filling and I have no idea how bad it is. People still seem to get close to me and I have had a long term bf of 4 years. He never told me my breath stunk once. We recently spilt up and I have started dating someone else - again, he always wants to kiss me and has never complained.

I’m sure I have BB though. I get the typical nose rubbing off people and I have noticed people tend to get a blocked nose when I talk. I am sure I have BB as I constantly have a bad taste in my mouth, I’m sure you’re all aware of when we know our breath is bad by the taste in our mouths. Something just feels off! Even after I brush the taste is still there. Sometimes it is almost as if my mouth feels hot if that makes sense?

So I had my tonsils removed at around 15 years old - I was sure this would be the cure as I had huge horrible tonsil stones. Although sadly the tonsillectomy done nothing! I also had one wisdom tooth removed which didn’t help either.

I had pretty bad oral hygiene as a kid and teenager. I ate ridiculous amounts of sugary mints in school to try and cover the smell up and ended up with 5 cavities. I was also pretty lazy on my oral hygiene.

I recently went to a dentist and finally admitted by problem to them. He checked my teeth and gums and said I definitely don’t have gum disease, although he will remove my other wisdom tooth and replace my old cavities with new ones.

Here are some of the things that concern me:
So when I floss between one of the back molars there is always a smell on the floss? The tooth is pretty black and has an old cavity in. Also, another molar on the other side is mostly black and the filling is cracked. I have noticed as well underneath the filling there seems to be a black/brown build up that sometimes goes away?? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? The tooth doesn’t smell although there is definitely some decay going on there.

I don’t notice any other symptoms, maybe some slight PND but nothing too major. I also have a septal perforation which my mum told me I’ve had since being a kid. My nose sometimes whistles from one nostril. Does anyone know if this is a potential cause? I don’t know if I have nasal BB as I’m not sure there is any way of knowing. I also don’t have any Castro symptoms or reflux symptoms.

I’m really losing hope at this point. I am madly in love with the new guy I am seeing and I’m terrified my BB will break us up. I have really been considering ending my life because I just can’t deal with a life like this anymore. I’m sure many of us are in the same position and my heart truly goes out to you all!

Thank you so much in advance!!

halley
Netherlands

Re: Help and advice please! Potential oral issue?

Post by halley »

Very smart of you to go see a dentist. Ask away, a good dentist will help you out.
You need to determine if the bb is only coming from your mouth or also throat stomach and nose. Search away in this forum.

I myself just lost my boy friend of two years, I cried five weeks straight. He called me stinky mouth and said he was too busy to meet up, so unfortunately i slipped up. Before meeting I always made sure to
gargle with salt, not eat meat, eggs, fish etc, I ate an apple and carrots.
Now that he's done with me I bought mouth spray, gum, mints, chlorella, mouth wash, etc. I also drink a teaspoon of baking soda. Just keep experimenting and don't give up. Good luck with the new guy and keep us posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic