Your Email Address:

First Name:

Molybdenum supplementation seems to be my solution

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Ade

Re: Molybdenum supplementation seems to be my solution

Post by Ade »

I’m not too convinced this could work for me though. Unlike the OP, I don’t think I have any genetics issues (selenbp1). My bb started in my late 20s and I’m pretty sure it was caused by antibiotics.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Ade wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:05 pm I’m not too convinced this could work for me though. Unlike the OP, I don’t think I have any genetics issues (selenbp1). My bb started in my late 20s and I’m pretty sure it was caused by antibiotics.
Ok that makes sense
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

paul80 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:42 am Short answer: high-dose molybdenum supplementation.

This is my solution that seems to work for me. Hopefully, this will help others in a similar situation.
Is it still working?
Ade

Post by Ade »

Quick update.

I’ve been taking molybdenum for 3.5 weeks now, 2mg per day (1mg morning, 1mg evening).

I haven’t noticed any improvement related to my breath, white coated tongue and tonsil stones.

Next week I’m getting my tonsils removed as I have tonsil tones on a daily basis and cryptic tonsils. I don’t believe in miracles here, I’m just trying to approach the issue holistically. Tackling the tonsils because it’s a low hanging fruit. I’ll be happy even if it helps reduce 10% of my bb. At least I won’t have to clean my tonsils every day anymore.
paul80
Total Newbie

Post by paul80 »

Ok, just wanted to update this thread, but it looks like I can't edit past posts, much less the thread title.

I'm under no illusion that I can completely get rid of this problem, but I've gotten to a point where I believe I can "manage" my condition.

For me, the molybdenum seemed to work "indirectly", as taking high doses caused me to have bowel movements. I'm constipated most of the time, and my frequent keto diets make it worse (basically no fiber lol). I've noticed that when the period between my bowel movements are pretty long (we're talking like almost a week or longer sometimes)... when I eventually go, it smells absolutely terrible. Like "knock you into the next zip code" terrible. The correlation is that in general, the longer the period between unloading my baggage, the worse the smell, as it has more time to fester and rot in the large intestine. And the other correlation is that the worse my shit smells, the worse my fecal breath smells. And conversely, when I go regularly (when I'm off keto), the smell isn't nearly as bad. And here's the thing. Although shit in general smells terrible, everyone's shit has a slightly different smell to it. Some might think it's funny, but it's gotten to a point at the office, where I know exactly who was in the bathroom a few minutes ago, just from the signature shit fumes of that person. I noticed that when I have terrible breath, not only does it smell like shit figuratively and literally, it smells EXACTLY like my own shit and how the bathroom smells when I have a bowel movement. Like we all know, the short simplistic answer as to why we have fecal breath is that shit from the bowels gets absorbed into the blood, makes its way to the lungs, and we breathe it out - due to leaky gut, slow motility, sulfur metabolism malfunction, dysbiosis, microbiome imbalance, whatever reason, etc.

So, I tried to minimize the amount of time shit can fester inside the colon, which in turn would decrease the amount of smelly toxins that can be seeped into the bloodstream. Standard laxatives like ex-lax are habit-forming and not great to keep taking regularly. As far as I can tell, osmotic laxatives (creates an osmotic pressure gradient to push out fecal matter) like miralax (branded differently in other countries) aren't nearly as bad, and as far as I know, can be taken indefinitely. I take miralax every morning and I now have regular and thorough bowel movements on a daily basis. The bowel movements don't smell nearly as bad and on some days, smells almost like nothing, believe it or not. Been doing this for months.

So, my management formula is daily miralax. I think this is the single most dramatic factor in reducing the fecal breath, for me. I also take molybdenum on special occasions (like when I know I have to go out somewhere important). But I have a feeling the benefit of molybdenum is not nearly as pronounced as the miralax, but will have to experiment further to see. Maybe I'll stop taking the molybdenum altogether, as it may be largely placebo. And lastly, I always have listerine breath strips with me when I'm out. When I had full blown fecal breath, these listerine strips couldn't really touch it. But when it's greatly minimized with frequent bowel movements, the breath strips seem to be just enough to cover any lingering smell effectively. These are sugar-free and compact enough to slip in a small pocket. And of course, I take oral hygiene seriously, with daily flossing, brushing teeth, and tongue brushing with the tung gel and scraper. With the totality of these measures, I'm at a place where I feel I can manage my condition and interact with people relatively comfortably.

Keep in mind, this solution works only for me and my condition, but hopefully, can be somewhat effective for others as well who have similar conditions. And as always, be mindful that these solutions aren't official medical advice. Good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic